ADVERTISEMENT

Down Goes Brooks!

Lol looked pinned twice to me..
Screen-Shot-2022-12-22-at-11-33-30-AM.png

Since when can you bridge off your shoulder blades and not get pinned?

Screen-Shot-2022-12-22-at-11-33-52-AM.png
Looked pinned to me.

Never started. What Brands did isn’t up for debate, we know it happened, everyone watched it on live national TV. This is silly.

(for future reference, the correct line is simply “when did you stop beating your wife?” Brevity is the soul of wit).
And your stance right here is why you have politicians on completely opposite sides convinced they are both right. I watched very hard to see ANY indication of a bite, let alone an intentional one and I sure as hell couldn't find anything. As far as the scratching goes, that is even more comical. If the ref didn't check his fingers like he is supposed to, shame on the ref. Incidental scratches in a hard fought wrestling match are commonplace. But, I sure as hell didn't see Brands actively raking his fingers over any part of Aaron at ANY time.

So, my point stands, his dad came off like a giant crybaby right after that match. This can't be the 1st time his son has walked off the mat with similar marks and as long as he has wrestled, it probably was closer to the 100th time it has happened. He just made such a spectacle that I lost respect for him.

One thing I do have to admit about Mr. Brooks though, is that I had already started to form an opinion when he was used as the end all be all to anything nefarious going on with PSU recruiting. He was on the boards(which I honestly think parents should completely avoid) saying nothing happened(which I honestly don't think straight cheating has ever happened anyway) and everyone immediately said it must be true because he said it. I got blasted for saying the most obvious thing possible.

"Do you honestly expect the parent of a kid on a team that WAS ACTUALLY CHEATING to come on and say they were actually cheating?" In NO WAY would any parent of a kid currently on the roster be the perfect source. The perfect source would be someone with a LOT to gain by proving they cheated, saying they didn't. Just common sense...

Last edited:
And your stance right here is why you have politicians on completely opposite sides convinced they are both right. I watched very hard to see ANY indication of a bite, let alone an intentional one and I sure as hell couldn't find anything. As far as the scratching goes, that is even more comical. If the ref didn't check his fingers like he is supposed to, shame on the ref. Incidental scratches in a hard fought wrestling match are commonplace. But, I sure as hell didn't see Brands actively raking his fingers over any part of Aaron at ANY time.

So, my point stands, his dad came off like a giant crybaby right after that match. This can't be the 1st time his son has walked off the mat with similar marks and as long as he has wrestled, it probably was closer to the 100th time it has happened. He just made such a spectacle that I lost respect for him.

One thing I do have to admit about Mr. Brooks though, is that I had already started to form an opinion when he was used as the end all be all to anything nefarious going on with PSU recruiting. He was on the boards(which I honestly think parents should completely avoid) saying nothing happened(which I honestly don't think straight cheating has ever happened anyway) and everyone immediately said it must be true because he said it. I got blasted for saying the most obvious thing possible.

"Do you honestly expect the parent of a kid on a team that WAS ACTUALLY CHEATING to come on and say they were actually cheating?" In NO WAY would any parent of a kid currently on the roster be the perfect source. The perfect source would be someone with a LOT to gain by proving they cheated, saying they didn't. Just common sense...
Common sense? Unless it fits the narrative the pa crew will not allow it to be typed or even contemplated. It is a strange affliction that seems to be very pervasive in that area.

Reactions: TNTwrestle

Agree. Would be happy to admit if that so-called bite happened. Although it's been a while, watched it many times in slow-mo, never saw a shred of evidence of actual biting, in action or on ABs arm.

Damn, I fell in to that old troll trap, defending before making the accuser provide any credible evidence.

National champs tend to get the benefit of the doubt in that situation. Some refs have a hard time bringing themselves to call the fall on a guy of that caliber. Maybe disbelief/denial to some degree. I don't think it's right, but it happens from time to time. Not implying that it's a matter of corruption or anything of the sort. Just reality. Similar to Jordan getting away with fouls during his prime, etc.

Did you see the Picc-Lee match. Pin was called on the champion and it wasn’t close compared to how flat brooks was
That was at Okie State. Refs are influenced by a lot of factors -- principal among them the home crowd. There were thousands of Okie State fans calling for the fall. Not at all surprised that it was a quick call. In addition, it was a very tight cradle. Hate to say it but it was probably just a matter of time anyway.

Look, the bottom line is, so far, TWOOOOO of their NC have been beaten! I would not be at all surprised if the others get beat also.

It seems that people are beginning to wake up and get it! No doubt, they have had some outstanding wrestlers. It has been my opinion though, that many wrestlers were stepping on the mat against them already losing.

If you look at their top wrestlers over the past 10-12 years. How many 2-3 timers have they had? Out of all of them, how many have gone on to olympic, national, world success?

Yea I get it, not easy, different styles, etc.... Point being, I just do not think that many of them were as great as they appeared to be because the other wrestlers were not going after them. I think about so many matches where I just shake my head and say, "no way would he have beaten me/pinned me like that!!! and I was not 1/2 the wrestlers as some of these guys!!!

It appears that other teams are going after them and letting the fur fly as you all say. I just hope IOWA joins in on the party!!!

It seems that people are beginning to wake up and get it! No doubt, they have had some outstanding wrestlers. It has been my opinion though, that many wrestlers were stepping on the mat against them already losing.

If you look at their top wrestlers over the past 10-12 years. How many 2-3 timers have they had? Out of all of them, how many have gone on to olympic, national, world success?

Yea I get it, not easy, different styles, etc.... Point being, I just do not think that many of them were as great as they appeared to be because the other wrestlers were not going after them. I think about so many matches where I just shake my head and say, "no way would he have beaten me/pinned me like that!!! and I was not 1/2 the wrestlers as some of these guys!!!

It appears that other teams are going after them and letting the fur fly as you all say. I just hope IOWA joins in on the party!!!
christmas vacation GIF

Look, the bottom line is, so far, TWOOOOO of their NC have been beaten! I would not be at all surprised if the others get beat also.

Same two had losses heading into nationals last year too.

Reactions: PSUer1989 and mcpat

Baby Spinning GIF

Right? They should be embarrassed.

Same two had losses heading into nationals last year too.

Right? They should be embarrassed.
Look, if you all do not get it??? It is because you aren't paying much attention! I know most on here are not into athletic performance and how to build it, what improves it etc.... I see it very clearly with the internet allowing everyone to see rankings, who beat whom, some athletes are mentally beat before the competition starts.

Clearly they have had some outstanding wrestlers as I have said. Several matches come to mind such as Bo Nickel pinning that turkey from ohio state in the finals or our guy with a spladle. Real sorry if you younger folks do not understand it!?!?! Some of the older wrestlers on here will certainly back me up I am sure.

There were FAR LESS pins years ago, and the further you go back, the less you would have seen. I can talk about many different things about how it was, such as one team having a rule that if you got pinned, no one got up off the bench as you came off the mat!!!

It was looked at much differently back in the day and you would have to run some of us over with a bulldozer to have pinned us!!! Absolutely forget about getting stuck in the 1st period when you should be full of gas!!! NO, getting caught was not a reason/excuse!

I have watched dozens of our guys wrestle F*** state with the latest being Big cass. If anyone has seen the recent match, YOU TELL ME what you saw!!! YOU TELL ME what happened, or that was Cass wrestling at his best etc....

You have seen warner, Suriano, deSanto, and how many others???? Austin should have been taken rby to the wood shed!!! YOU watch those matches and believe he was wrestling TO WIN-letting it fly!?!? Nope, was more worried about who he was wrestling PERIOD!!!!

Look, if you all do not get it??? It is because you aren't paying much attention! I know most on here are not into athletic performance and how to build it, what improves it etc.... I see it very clearly with the internet allowing everyone to see rankings, who beat whom, some athletes are mentally beat before the competition starts.

Clearly they have had some outstanding wrestlers as I have said. Several matches come to mind such as Bo Nickel pinning that turkey from ohio state in the finals or our guy with a spladle. Real sorry if you younger folks do not understand it!?!?! Some of the older wrestlers on here will certainly back me up I am sure.

There were FAR LESS pins years ago, and the further you go back, the less you would have seen. I can talk about many different things about how it was, such as one team having a rule that if you got pinned, no one got up off the bench as you came off the mat!!!

It was looked at much differently back in the day and you would have to run some of us over with a bulldozer to have pinned us!!! Absolutely forget about getting stuck in the 1st period when you should be full of gas!!! NO, getting caught was not a reason/excuse!

I have watched dozens of our guys wrestle F*** state with the latest being Big cass. If anyone has seen the recent match, YOU TELL ME what you saw!!! YOU TELL ME what happened, or that was Cass wrestling at his best etc....

You have seen warner, Suriano, deSanto, and how many others???? Austin should have been taken rby to the wood shed!!! YOU watch those matches and believe he was wrestling TO WIN-letting it fly!?!? Nope, was more worried about who he was wrestling PERIOD!!!!
These guys all wrestle the match that they believe gives them the best chance to win. DeSanto shot a lot against RBY but couldn’t finish without the elbow. No shame as I don’t even think shakeless Fix ever took RBY down. You get too rambunctious against great wrestlers and you get spladled n’at! Great win by Coleman

Dick Wolf Change GIF by Wolf Entertainment

WITF are you going on about? Lol
Hold on- I will get to it

Forget it, he’s on a roll. Lololol
LOL

These guys all wrestle the match that they believe gives them the best chance to win. DeSanto shot a lot against RBY but couldn’t finish without the elbow. No shame as I don’t even think shakeless Fix ever took RBY down. You get too rambunctious against great wrestlers and you get spladled n’at! Great win by Coleman
See, that is how you do it!!!

OK, lets try this again- another way. Lets just pretend this IS a message board where people come to read and write about mostly wrestling. Also lets try to also pretend that different people are going to see things different ways and have different opinions.

That is OK!!! Try and make posts that state YOUR opinion on what you see/believe, give examples.

Lets NOT post things like your new nephew practicing for future dizzy bat drinking games with you!!!!!

What I am saying, is what I have seen. IF for example, you believe that DeSanto wrestled his best against that staling punk, as did the poster above. Then fine, AS HE DID, you state your case.

I have said it before, I could have taught a monkey in far less time, what to do against that punk!!! I would have had him run his ass outa the damn gym. Most know I am about the BIGGEST homer/defender/supporter of ALL thinks IOWA!!!

I have been a critic of some things, and this would certainly be one of them!!!! The coaches should have had him better prepared. I also made the statement about Iowa state being more aggressive and better prepared then us. We have all seen it(at least those who watch and understand what they are watching!!!!) The HAWKS are NOT opening up. They are NOT adding to their arsenals. If anything, I see wrestler becoming more and more 1 dimensional!

As far as F*** state, OK, if it is a dual and "your job" is to keep it close for team score. I kinda get it. When it comes to tournaments, WTF!?!?!? Lose by 1 or 15, Wrestle to WIN!!!! Others as you have seen(why this thread came to be) are WRESTLING!!! YES Brooks is very good. Would I consider him great like others who are multiple NC? Hell I think he could be a 4Xer, is he Spencer Lee!?!?!?

Not in my book, and many others they have had who were 3Xers shouldn't have been either. I will give credit to them getting the job done, winning when it counts and ALL that! they are certainly winning the mental game right now no doubt. I am suggesting that I am seeing teams and wrestlers, breaking through and taking them out in the future. Lets see how it plays out?

LOL

OK, lets try this again- another way. Lets just pretend this IS a message board where people come to read and write about mostly wrestling. Also lets try to also pretend that different people are going to see things different ways and have different opinions.

That is OK!!! Try and make posts that state YOUR opinion on what you see/believe, give examples.

Lets NOT post things like your new nephew practicing for future dizzy bat drinking games with you!!!!!

What I am saying, is what I have seen. IF for example, you believe that DeSanto wrestled his best against that staling punk, as did the poster above. Then fine, AS HE DID, you state your case.

I have said it before, I could have taught a monkey in far less time, what to do against that punk!!! I would have had him run his ass outa the damn gym. Most know I am about the BIGGEST homer/defender/supporter of ALL thinks IOWA!!!

I have been a critic of some things, and this would certainly be one of them!!!! The coaches should have had him better prepared. I also made the statement about Iowa state being more aggressive and better prepared then us. We have all seen it(at least those who watch and understand what they are watching!!!!) The HAWKS are NOT opening up. They are NOT adding to their arsenals. If anything, I see wrestler becoming more and more 1 dimensional!

As far as F*** state, OK, if it is a dual and "your job" is to keep it close for team score. I kinda get it. When it comes to tournaments, WTF!?!?!? Lose by 1 or 15, Wrestle to WIN!!!! Others as you have seen(why this thread came to be) are WRESTLING!!! YES Brooks is very good. Would I consider him great like others who are multiple NC? Hell I think he could be a 4Xer, is he Spencer Lee!?!?!?

Not in my book, and many others they have had who were 3Xers shouldn't have been either. I will give credit to them getting the job done, winning when it counts and ALL that! they are certainly winning the mental game right now no doubt. I am suggesting that I am seeing teams and wrestlers, breaking through and taking them out in the future. Lets see how it plays out?
tired lazy dog GIF

I'll put it this way: Man, I wish Bubba would have pinned Magic Man in December instead of March, the rematch wouldn't have looked anything like the first match.

Aaron will be the 2 seed, and Coleman the 1 seed...AB will have to get by Keckeisen and Coleman will need to beat Trent. If both of those happen the finals should be a close, and very defensive based match.

Reactions: IRONBIRD

LOL

Why are you calling college wrestlers "punks"?

Grow up.

I'll put it this way: Man, I wish Bubba would have pinned Magic Man in December instead of March, the rematch wouldn't have looked anything like the first match.

Aaron will be the 2 seed, and Coleman the 1 seed...AB will have to get by Keckeisen and Coleman will need to beat Trent. If both of those happen the finals should be a close, and very defensive based match.

DT looked tentative in that match. Reminds me of Gilman vs Moisey. By the time it is done, decent shot AB is once again the 1 seed. Coleman will have to get by Keckeisen two more times. For once, it won’t be B1G guys cannibalizing each other out of decent seeds.

Why are you calling college wrestlers "punks"?

Grow up.
He is a punk for stalling his ass off. I will give him credit for getting away with it. The REFs really suck for not hitting him multiple times to force him to actually Wrestle!

Other then that he may be a very good kid. I did meet Ed Ruth and the Altons and found them to be very fine young men. However this is the IOWA board and I do not like F*** st!!!! Also you do not need to be here!

Reactions: T8KUDWN

People said the same thing about Iowa back in the day, that wrestlers were beat by the time they stepped on the mat with us. I think I remember JRob saying after the quarters one year at the NCAA's that other teams had to quit laying down for Iowa haha In the end it is up to Iowa to get back on top, there is nothing we can do about how others wrestle.

DT looked tentative in that match. Reminds me of Gilman vs Moisey. By the time it is done, decent shot AB is once again the 1 seed. Coleman will have to get by Keckeisen two more times. For once, it won’t be B1G guys cannibalizing each other out of decent seeds.
Agreed. Also, if Abe gets a 6 seed he has a shot at the semis and a top 4 finish...this can work out well for Iowa also.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
He is a punk for stalling his ass off. I will give him credit for getting away with it. The REFs really suck for not hitting him multiple times to force him to actually Wrestle!

Other then that he may be a very good kid. I did meet Ed Ruth and the Altons and found them to be very fine young men. However this is the IOWA board and I do not like F*** st!!!! Also you do not need to be here!

Omg, I feel so sorry for the village that lost you.

Coleman is not getting the 1 seed. He has a loss to Munoz and will lose to Keck likely.

DT looked tentative in that match. Reminds me of Gilman vs Moisey. By the time it is done, decent shot AB is once again the 1 seed. Coleman will have to get by Keckeisen two more times. For once, it won’t be B1G guys cannibalizing each other out of decent seeds
Probably true.

Omg, I feel so sorry for the village that lost you.
If he were posting stuff like this on a PSU board, you would be 100% correct. However, he is a DIEHARD Iowa fan posting on a strictly Iowa board. Like he said, you guys don't have to be here. It's fine that you are, but you SHOULD be smart enough to expect posters like him and either avoid engaging him or at least don't throw out snide remarks like the above.

Remember, "fan" is a derivitive of "fanatic"....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT