ADVERTISEMENT

Drew MacPherson Commits to the Hawks

Welcome Drew! Glad to have you in the Hawkeye family!
Iowa also offered Pat Fitzgerald's son Ryan who plays with Drew :)

Both he and Drew rec'd all conference awards:

Reactions: NevadaHawk
We have Phil Parker making decisions on defensive talent……….and then we have dumbass herkhatescy…….I think all of us with a brain will hang with Phil.

We have Phil Parker making decisions on defensive talent……….and then we have dumbass herkhatescy…….I think all of us with a brain will hang with Phil.
It's still mind-blowing that we have a guy (guys) on the defensive side of the ball with such an eye for talent and potential while on the offensive side...it's such a train wreck.

Now go back through 2000 and find players with worse or similar offers who didn't contribute. That list will be significantly larger.
So glad you asked!

2002 is far back as the Rivals information goes. Between the 2002 class and the 2019 class, Iowa recruited 82 scholarship defensive backs. Of those DBs, 57 had a better offer list than MacPherson, 7 had a similar offer list and 18 had a worse offer list.

Here’s a breakdown of how many players in each category became regular starters at Iowa in some point in their career:

Better offer list: 32% became regular starters

Similar offer list: 57% became regular starters

Worse offer list: 56% became regular starters

To sum up, people who bitch about the offer list of DB recruits at Iowa need to find something else to cry and moan about.

So glad you asked!

2002 is far back as the Rivals information goes. Between the 2002 class and the 2019 class, Iowa recruited 82 scholarship defensive backs. Of those DBs, 57 had a better offer list than MacPherson, 7 had a similar offer list and 18 had a worse offer list.

Here’s a breakdown of how many players in each category became regular starters at Iowa in some point in their career:

To sum up, people who bitch about the offer list of DB recruits at Iowa need to find something else to cry and moan about.
In Phil we trust. The guy has proven himself to be a defensive guru. If Phil says "let's get this guy", do it.

The other side of the ball...not so much.

It's a celebration bitches!
ccf9af7c-5aa3-4e1c-94a5-21af78055bc6_text.gif

So glad you asked!

I'm not going to check the validity of your claim because I really don't care. There's a better chance of success with players who are sought after by quality programs than not, which is the reason for the comment by the poster you replied to originally. You can disagree with his sarcastic statement, but I wouldn't say he was bitching, nor am I.

There's a better chance of success with players who are sought after by quality programs than not, which is the reason for the comment by the poster you replied to originally.
At the defensive back position at Iowa, the facts show that this is clearly not the case.

I prefer to live in a world of facts instead of believing things because they seem like they should be true.

So glad you asked!

i have made a note to not debate you on recruiting topics

Uh, yeah. I'm excited about anyone Phil offers like every other Iowa fan who knows football.

And Jesus was just a regular person, sorry to break it to you.

Jesus fvcking Christ, casuals....
Jesus was most likely a good person but also probably a little crazy.

Reactions: Birky
It's still mind-blowing that we have a guy (guys) on the defensive side of the ball with such an eye for talent and potential while on the offensive side...it's such a train wreck.
I have a feeling having a competent OC will change your mind on this.

Hey dickhead. I suppose you are just pissing your pants with excitement aren't you. Just because people have different opinions than you doesn't give you the right to call anybody stupid. And keep Jesus' name out ya ****ing mouth moron.
Jesus ****ing Christ you’re a dipshit.

Reactions: shudaddy
i have made a note to not debate you on recruiting topics
Cooms has been an informed regular since the Super Hawkeye Pre Rivals Days if memory serves , Internet recruiting sites only gained real traction around the time Fry was leaving and Kirk coming in. Most of the Ohio recruiting info I used to backdoor thru My connections with some old Bucknuts post Army Friends, It was a different World back then, better actually . There are a few left on here and if they give up the goods it is going to be solid info.

Hey dickhead. I suppose you are just pissing your pants with excitement aren't you. Just because people have different opinions than you doesn't give you the right to call anybody stupid. And keep Jesus' name out ya ****ing mouth moron.
Jesus fvcking Christ lighten up.

Cooms has been an informed regular since the Super Hawkeye Pre Rivals Days if memory serves , Internet recruiting sites only gained real traction around the time Fry was leaving and Kirk coming in. Most of the Ohio recruiting info I used to backdoor thru My connections with some old Bucknuts post Army Friends, It was a different World back then, better actually . There are a few left on here and if they give up the goods it is going to be solid info.

I started following in about 99 or 2000 latest when I lived in CA. I remember the shadow 0044 or something like that, seemed to have recruiting intel ahead of most.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT