ADVERTISEMENT

Dry Socket

N8dogg99

HB All-American
Jan 12, 2003
Anyone here have the pleasure? The socket does feel good now as it's still numb from the local. What do I have to look forward to once the numb wears off. The doc. did prescribe a steroid.

Anyone here have the pleasure? The socket does feel good now as it's still numb from the local. What do I have to look forward to once the numb wears off. The doc. did prescribe a steroid.

You don't automatically get dry socket (the 20 years ago I got my wisdom teeth out) from my understanding.

Sucking (like drinking a milkshake) will cause dry socket? I also remember a syringe that I used to spray the areas with warm salt water.

Never got dry socket

Reactions: GOHOX69 and TDJ7
You don't automatically get dry socket (the 20 years ago I got my wisdom teeth out) from my understanding.

Sucking (like drinking a milkshake) will cause dry socket? I also remember a syringe that I used to spray the areas with warm salt water.

Never got dry socket
Me neither. They said I’d need to get gauze packed if I did. The dentist had me just clinch on teabags. The caffeine did something and kept a kid from sucking out the clot

Never got dry socket

Yeah, it’s not automatic. My two on the bottom were both horizontal impactions. The oral surgeon said he had to chisel them out piece by piece. Woke up with the shards of a tooth on my lips. The surgeon told me it was highly likely that I’d get dry sockets with the horizontal impactions. And I did, hurt like hell.
wisdom-teeth-types_horiz.png

• Sad
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT