ADVERTISEMENT

DSM Register poll released today

ive probably voted 60/40 dem/gop over the years. have cast votes for Grassely, Leach, and other local gop candidates. if the gop pushes a supreme court justice through before the election, i will, likely, never cast another vote for a gop candidate ever again.

ive probably voted 60/40 dem/gop over the years. have cast votes for Grassely, Leach, and other local gop candidates. if the gop pushes a supreme court justice through before the election, i will, likely, never cast another vote for a gop candidate ever again.

c603f724adae245d3232976ae8d65660.jpg

There is a going out of business sale on abortions. Better get yours in before it’s too late.

Well, you’re about to get “ double dipped” Iowa style, who. These 2 phuquers don’t care about the Constitution... it’s all about GOP power.

Protecting vulnerable Republican incumbents is becoming a bigger task everyday for GOP SuperPacs and the RNC.

It appears, by fundraising numbers recently, Democrats are extremely motivated and the death of RBG is magnifying that excitement.

When people like Lindsay Graham, Ernst, Tillis, and Collins are in trouble... that's a worry for conservatives.

The bad number for Ernst here is 42. Not good for an incumbent. Tearing down Greenfield will almost certainly be the focus for Ernst from here on out, the fuzzy wuzzy ads for Ernst obviously aren't working, although I thought they were good ads.

Still a toss-up, but odds now have to be favoring Greenfield.

Honest question, what % of Iowans live west of 35?

I think it's around 33%, but I'm not sure. The main thing here is that the GOP will be concentrating voter suppression tactics east of I-35. Of course that's too simplistic as well, they're going after the major urban counties where most Iowans live, whether east or west of I-35.

polls are only good for speculation and drama. most republicans are never polled. it's only democraps who are polled. and who answer. and who make up crap.

Reactions: INXS83
The debates now become more important for our Joni. Greenfield can attack and Ernst has to defend. While an incimbent always has the advantage in fundraising and name recognition, the mood of Iowans seem to be trending in Theresa's favor.

I suspect the Ernst campaign is worried right now that all the mailers and media ads haven't worked so far. What's their new stategy? If Greenfield had any skeletons in the closet... we'd have already heard of them.

Theresa's fundraising will benefit greatly by the latest polling numbers.

The debates now become more important for our Joni. Greenfield can attack and Ernst has to defend. While an incimbent always has the advantage in fundraising and name recognition, the mood of Iowans seem to be trending in Theresa's favor.

I suspect the Ernst campaign is worried right now that all the mailers and media ads haven't worked so far. What's their new stategy? If Greenfield had any skeletons in the closet... we'd have already heard of them.

Theresa's fundraising will benefit greatly by the latest polling numbers.
Wonder if Ernst’s infidelities will come out. I hope not, but if she votes to confirm a Trump SCOTUS nominee then everything is fair game.

Wonder if Ernst’s infidelities will come out. I hope not, but if she votes to confirm a Trump SCOTUS nominee then everything is fair game.
The troubling info for the Ernst people is that "Independents" are strongly for Greenfield. According to "Mepo's" numbers the other day... nearly 30% of Iowans identify as Indees.

What's Joni's new tactic... pushing harder that she was "abused" in her marriage? And why did it only become public now that she's up for reelection? It's equally as important as her marital infidelities with multiple partners.

In principle I'm pro-life, but what you just outlined is why I'm not too adamant about it.
I'm pretty much in the same place as well. I can't think of a scenario where my no-pic wife and I would have ever opted for abortion, but I've never been in the situation of a pregnancy by rape, incest, or a severe developmental disorder. I also think that anyone who doesn't want to have a child will most likely be a bad parent. I don't see the upside of forcing women to carry a pregnancy to term.

What's Joni's new tactic... pushing harder that she was "abused" in her marriage? And why did it only become public now that she's up for reelection? It's equally as important as her marital infidelities with multiple partners.

I find her less credible that she only brings that up now that she is in trouble for reelection. She is trying to play the poor me card now. That is no reason to re-elect someone who has been a disaster during her first term. And the fact that she has cozied up so close to Trump (an actual abuser), makes it seem even more disingenuous.

SIAP

Greenfield is 3 points ahead of Ernst. Obviously within the margin of error. However, might influence Ernst's decision on when to have SCOTUS resolved.

If Joni pushes ahead in support of a Trump SCOTUS nominee, will that help or hurt her chances to be re-elected?

I honestly don't know, and I have to assume her staff is studying this in extreme depth as it could determine if she is re-elected or not.

For me, she has already proven that she is not the independent thinker she suggested she was or would be within her initial campaign. Her SCOTUS decision will not have influence on me.

However, I could see her trailing margin with independents and women climb if she supports a Trump nominee and effectively (no matter how it is spun) contradicts 2016.

Reactions: mstp1992
If Joni pushes ahead in support of a Trump SCOTUS nominee, will that help or hurt her chances to be re-elected?

I honestly don't know, and I have to assume her staff is studying this in extreme depth as it could determine if she is re-elected or not.

For me, she has already proven that she is not the independent thinker she suggested she was or would be within her initial campaign. Her SCOTUS decision will not have influence on me.

However, I could see her trailing margin with independents and women climb if she supports a Trump nominee and effectively (no matter how it is spun) contradicts 2016.
I sent my name and number to her team via their website if they want my opinion.

Reactions: mstp1992
I'm pretty much in the same place as well. I can't think of a scenario where my no-pic wife and I would have ever opted for abortion, but I've never been in the situation of a pregnancy by rape, incest, or a severe developmental disorder. I also think that anyone who doesn't want to have a child will most likely be a bad parent. I don't see the upside of forcing women to carry a pregnancy to term.

Yep. This ... 👆 .I think you just solved the issue. Like, really! 🤛

You should try global warming, next.

What the hell is Joni gonna brag about ? Has she done anything a Iowa’s junior Senator that shows the least bit of initiative or thought? She does exactly what Chuck, Mitch and the Iowa Farm Bureau tell her to do.....nothing more an certainly n thing less. She will play the “poor Joni” victim card to the max and she will tell more Theresa lies, bank on it. She will never talk about a thing she has accomplished as Iowa’s US Senator, however.

What the hell is Joni gonna brag about ? Has she done anything a Iowa’s junior Senator that shows the least bit of initiative or thought? She does exactly what Chuck, Mitch and the Iowa Farm Bureau tell her to do.....nothing more an certainly n thing less. She will play the “poor Joni” victim card to the max and she will tell more Theresa lies, bank on it. She will never talk about a thing she has accomplished as Iowa’s US Senator, however.
I am sure Greenfield will not do what the Democratic leaders tell her to do. She will tell more Jonie lies, bank on it. Imagine all the accomplishments she will have as a US Senator. Inspirational

Before this is finished, Ernst will say lots of things depending on which direction the wind is blowing from.

She'll claim she hadn't heard something, was misquoted, or learned some new info. No way Joni sticks with her original claim.

Ernst is going to do whatever MoscowMitch tells her to.

A question ... are the political attack ads running against Theresa by the Ernst campaign and the GOP SuperPacs associating her with Nancy Pelosi really making any connection?

I thought Pelosi was a House representative and I thought Theresa was running for the U.S. Senate?

A question ... are the political attack ads running against Theresa by the Ernst campaign and the GOP SuperPacs associating her with Nancy Pelosi really making any connection?

I thought Pelosi was a House representative and I thought Theresa was running for the U.S. Senate?
Seems like those have fallen off recently. Those were insultingly dumb ads.

Reactions: MitchLL
Seems like those have fallen off recently. Those were insultingly dumb ads.
Just got another mailer... this time from "Iowa Values Action" A giant, post card type thingy with Thersa's picture and Pelosi's picture together. Do voters believe that stuff?

I guess the "Mother/soldier" ad for Joni ain't getting the desired response. 😄 😄 😄

I think the debates will be the deciding factor in this one given the closeness of the race. Who would have thought Ernst would have to work this hard?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT