ADVERTISEMENT

DT and Starocci/Brooks beef

IAChief32

HB Heisman
Apr 21, 2017
Heard a lot about this during the post trials and runup to DT getting hired at OSU. Attached is a Flo video of DT breaking down a potential Yaz-Brooks match at Olympics. Who better to break it down than a guy who has wrestled both multiple time?. DT doesn't go all in on either but you can see the respect he has for Yaz in it. In the comments, Starocci says its "Cuz he wants Aaron to lose."

Apparently this beef has been going on for awhile. Also, wasn't Bo in Brooks's corner during that match? I haven't been listening to Flo or much of the Podcasts for awhile now but has this been covered like they have breathlessly covered various Iowa beefs? This isn't the first time I have heard how much some of the younger guys do not like Taylor.

I think every one of the young guys that were on the PSU team respect DT, but I think there was a barrier there likely borne of DT's desire that he not wrestle future freestyle competitors very often. That can create a divide. I think it created an us vs them situation.

Reactions: vhsalum and el dub
Cult members don't like it when other members try to leave said cult.
Many had already left the "cult" but DT was the first really big name. It was assumed by all that as soon as DT lost at Trials, he was on the market as a head coach. So did Iowa fans by the way. I think this had more to do with not wanting to wrestle future competitors too often. So he became an outsider of sorts. Stuff happens. I think 23 year olds and 34 year olds have different visions.

This sounds like a lot of nothing except for that quote from Carter. If true, what absolute garbage thing to say.

We will see if Brooks can back it up at the Olympics. I don’t think he’s near the wrestler that DT is (at least not yet) and it was the perfect storm for him to win trials. Some of the new guys have a big chip on their shoulders with lots of inter team chirping. They’d be better off shutting up and letting their wrestling do the talking but such is social media.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
funny how the new pst guys don't like taylor, but there has been many cultist saying how all these guys train at m60

No I get it. The bar is very high but at least this is wrestling related. Based on past history, you guys are due unfortunately. Hasn’t it been a couple years now since one of your professors tried to introduce his own DNA into the local wildlife the old fashioned way?
I really don't understand the people who reach into the gutter like this for likes. Are you like this in real life? What do people think of you when you talk like this in everyday conversation? Try to be a normal human on the internet.

This is very reminiscent of the Ramos->Dennis and Gilman->Lee situations. Let's just say it's nice to see it's not just aiowa dealing with it.

This dynamic was fairly well-known, as were the Iowa ones, but the main gossip guy in wrestling only really has a hard on for Iowa. Guys like Willie and the FloBros don't really partake until it becomes public in some other way.

This sounds awfully familiar.
This thread isn't about us.

Carter has been running his yap since DT took the job.

I kinda wish okie and psu could match up this year to see if it turns into a Iowa v isu handshake line blowup.

Reactions: Boro407
Hmmmm…… I find it interesting that during an Iowa beef or issue there is a wealth of opinions shared by fans from the east. During a psu beef said posters are either silent(cowards) or chirping at the posters who brought it up……
One of the most prolific PSU posters in here has already commented 4 times on a Sunday afternoon. I don't post here much but if you want my take:

Brooks has been training to take DTs spot for a few years now. DT's a competitor and probably still a little sore about the trials result, although he's got millions of reasons to soon put it in the past. He gave an extremely PC response to the question even though he's a PSU alum.

Obviously Brooks and DT aren't close. Starocci and Brooks ARE close and Starocci is backing his buddy. In his own inimitable way.

The young lions are sticking together and the old lion wanted to keep his crown. The story of life.

One of the most prolific PSU posters in here has already commented 4 times on a Sunday afternoon. I don't post here much but if you want my take:

Brooks has been training to take DTs spot for a few years now. DT's a competitor and probably still a little sore about the trials result, although he's got millions of reasons to soon put it in the past. He gave an extremely PC response to the question even though he's a PSU alum.

Obviously Brooks and DT aren't close. Starocci and Brooks ARE close and Starocci is backing his buddy. In his own inimitable way.

The young lions are sticking together and the old lion wanted to keep his crown. The story of life.

It’s a lot like the Lion King.

Imo you nailed it. Brooks beat Taylor straight up effectively ending his competition career. That has to sting. Then like you said Brooks buddy and teammate stuck up for him in his own special way Lolol.

I heard some nice things about Carter from people that knew them at high school and such, but I do admit I cringe at times and some of the stuff he puts out there.

We will see if Brooks can back it up at the Olympics. I don’t think he’s near the wrestler that DT is (at least not yet) and it was the perfect storm for him to win trials. Some of the new guys have a big chip on their shoulders with lots of inter team chirping. They’d be better off shutting up and letting their wrestling do the talking but such is social media.
Do you recall who brooks beat to make the Olympic team?

Hmmmm…… I find it interesting that during an Iowa beef or issue there is a wealth of opinions shared by fans from the east. During a psu beef said posters are either silent(cowards) or chirping at the posters who brought it up……

Yea, it's why I posted it. Potential 5 time champ and face of the PSU program tweeting that a former teammate (NLWC), Oly/World champ and fellow American will be rooting for the Iranian guy is great message board fodder.

Plus the Iowa guys went super public about it. Ramos and Gilman. Completely bashing the coaching staffs. When Brooks had his interview, there were plenty of people talking about the rift in the PSU room. The problem is, you just don't get much coming out of there.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT