ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles vs Bears

A lot of the vitriol is well-deserved because of Hawked kicking the hornet's nest all year.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think the Bears are in the best position moving forward. I look around the NFC North and I see Rodgers: whose best days are behind him and has a terrible front office. Stafford: should be in jail for theft. Cousins: when the bright lights come on, he is awful. Those 3 have combined contracts worth $353 million..and all missed the playoffs.

Trubisky probably won't ever light the world on fire, but for now, he's serviceable and costs 1/4 of what the other QBs in the division do. With Nagy on board, I think the Bears are just getting started.
Nope.

You need a Super QB to stay relevant in NFL long term. Packers have that.

Cost too much to pay all the pieces on defense. Plus you have today, 15 points just isn’t enough.

Nope.

You need a Super QB to stay relevant in NFL long term. Packers have that.

Cost too much to pay all the pieces on defense. Plus you have today, 15 points just isn’t enough.

The Bears averaged more PPG than Green Bay and led the league in PPG given up. Tell me more about this Super QB.

The Bears averaged more PPG than Green Bay and led the league in PPG given up. Tell me more about this Super QB.

Rodgers is the NFL's all-time regular season career passer rating leader and is one of two quarterbacks to have a regular season career passer rating of over 100. Rodgers is fifth all-time in postseason career passer rating, has the best touchdown-to-interception ratio in NFL history at 4.23,[5] holds the league's lowest career interception percentage at 1.5 percent[6] and the highest single-season passer rating record of 122.5.[7] Due to the fact that Rodgers is the NFL's all-time regular season career passer rating leader, and his overall high level of play, Rodgers is considered by some sportscasters and players to be one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.[8][9][10][11]

...also a Super Bowl Champion and MVP...

The Bears are paying Parkey 3.5 million guaranteed next season. So, he'll get paid if he's back next season or not.

And over $5.1 million in dead cap space. The Bears really screwed up his contract.

Rodgers is the NFL's all-time regular season career passer rating leader and is one of two quarterbacks to have a regular season career passer rating of over 100. Rodgers is fifth all-time in postseason career passer rating, has the best touchdown-to-interception ratio in NFL history at 4.23,[5] holds the league's lowest career interception percentage at 1.5 percent[6] and the highest single-season passer rating record of 122.5.[7] Due to the fact that Rodgers is the NFL's all-time regular season career passer rating leader, and his overall high level of play, Rodgers is considered by some sportscasters and players to be one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.[8][9][10][11]

...and 6 wins last season

I get all that and won't argue that he's had a great career. Do you think he's the best QB in the league?

I get all that and won't argue that he's had a great career. Do you think he's the best QB in the league?

No. Brady is. But, he's proven himself over a long career that he's among the best. And, one down year doesn't erase his impressive accomplishments.

No. Brady is. But, he's proven himself over a long career that he's among the best. And, one down year doesn't erase his impressive accomplishments.

True...but why are you holding a 2nd year QB to that standard? AR wasn't even starting in his 2nd year in the league. And there's been a few other QB's worse than Trubisky who have won recent Super Bowls. He'll be just fine. A perennial top 8 QB in the league I would guess after it's all said and done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawked

I disagree. Brady get a lot of accolades for his Super Bowls, but there was a stat out there showing each of those came with a top 7 or 8 defense while Rodgers has only had a top 15 defense something like twice in his career— first year and super bowl year.

Jesus I believed the mitch hype because of HROT.
Hope the rest in the pool were Bears fans.

I'm not a packers fan, but he's still the best in the division and it's not really even debatable.

Not a tall task. His problem isn't talent or ability. His nemeses are being prone to injury and his front office not giving him much to work with. I'm not sure a new coach is going to fix either of those issues.

True...but why are you holding a 2nd year QB to that standard? AR wasn't even starting in his 2nd year in the league. And there's been a few other QB's worse than Trubisky who have won recent Super Bowls. He'll be just fine. A perennial top 8 QB in the league I would guess after it's all said and done.

I wasn't ever comparing them. Governator said 'tell me more about this super QB'. So, I did.
But, do you think Trubisky will ever achieve what Rodgers has?

I wasn't ever comparing them. Governator said 'tell me more about this super QB'. So, I did.

No, I don't think Trubisky will have the career Rodgers has had. That doesn't mean he/the Bears won't be successful. Due to a combination of factors, I just don't think Rodgers is a top 5 QB anymore.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong next year.

No, I don't think Trubisky will have the career Rodgers has had. That doesn't mean he/the Bears won't be successful. Due to a combination of factors, I just don't think Rodgers is a top 5 QB anymore.

Well, I guess that could be in part because he just completed his 14th NFL season. An impressive career.
Most teams would still love to have him.

Well, I guess that could be in part because he just completed his 14th NFL season. An impressive career.
Most teams would still love to have him.

Hey let's get this thread back on track. It's supposed to be a couple loser fanbases giving Hawked crap for cheering for the NFC North Champion Chicago Bears.

Hey let's get this thread back on track. It's supposed to be a couple loser fanbases giving Hawked crap for cheering for the NFC North Champion Chicago Bears.

giphy.gif

What's that? 1 Super Bowl? Possibly. He's a damned good QB. And I dislike the Bears and am a big AR fan. Trubisky is meeting expectations way ahead of schedule, that's for sure.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez

What's that? 1 Super Bowl? Possibly. He's a damned good QB. And I dislike the Bears and am a big AR fan. Trubisky is meeting expectations way ahead of schedule, that's for sure.

See. You know.

Well, he was only good enough to lead them to 15 total points at home in a losing effort in the biggest game of his career so far. But, whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better, I understand.

Well, he was only good enough to lead them to 15 total points at home in a losing effort in the biggest game of his career so far. But, whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better, I understand.

I'm an Eagles fan so I don't need to tell myself anything. But go ahead and keep acting like a second year QB should have his entire career judged by one game. A game in which he threw for over 300 yards, had no INTs and a TD pass with a 90 rating, BTW.

I'm not judging his entire career. Rather, pointing out that expecting him to be a star (as many seem to do) is a pretty big stretch at this point.
And, those comparing him to Rodgers is ridiculous.

I'm not judging his entire career. Rather, pointing out that expecting him to be a star (as many seem to do) is a pretty big stretch at this point.
And, those comparing him to Rodgers is ridiculous.

Completely ridiculous that is his ceiling. He's way ahead of where double dork was in his 2nd year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT