ADVERTISEMENT

Early preseason prediction

With that schedule, I would hope to God, 9-3! But Iowa seems to lose a game they shouldn't... so 8-4.

That’s a really easy home schedule. But the road schedule is tough. Winning in Ames and Lincoln is not easy, let alone Madison and Happy Valley.

I'll take the over on illinois, Purdue, Maryland. The under on nebraska, Wisconsin, psu, and minny. Push the rest.

10 wins is an insane prediction for Wisconsin imo.

Reactions: pistachio1999
I’d say Wisconsin and Penn State are probably two losses. At Iowa State is always a coin flip. Playing at Nebraska will be tough last game of the season. 7 to 9 wins. Playing a Northwestern team that seemingly oscillates from surprisingly great to awful depending on the year at Wrigley could be an adventure as well.

I’d say Wisconsin and Penn State are probably two losses. At Iowa State is always a coin flip. Playing at Nebraska will be tough last game of the season. 7 to 9 wins. Playing a Northwestern team that seemingly oscillates from surprisingly great to awful depending on the year at Wrigley could be an adventure as well.
Why assume a Wisconsin loss? Are they going to be good? They are only going through a coaching change and dramatic scheme change. I'm not buying the fickell spread offense in the big ten hype yet.

Reactions: rrsteffe
I’ll say 10-2. No team on their schedule is unbeatable. I’m optimistic an O line that’s a year older and the new transfers will produce a top 75 or better offense. The defense is going be really, really good. Top 10 again.
Obviously the offense is going to have to get better, which I think it will. How much it gets better is far from certain. In the same way the offense has nowhere to go but up, the defense has nowhere to go but down. While I don’t think there is any danger of them passing, maybe the offense can keep the ball long enough for the defense to get a little rest and the drop for them not be too bad.

Why assume a Wisconsin loss? Are they going to be good? They are only going through a coaching change and dramatic scheme change. I'm not buying the fickell spread offense in the big ten hype yet.
Because their defense is elite and we have never been able to move the football or score points against Wisconsin offensively.

I don't buy it either. Go in and punch them in the face. Eat their curds and slurp their beer.

It'd be damn glorious to wipe that dang smirk off Franklin's face in Unhappy Valley.

I'd get our guys practiced up on taking dive injuries and see if Franklin notices.

Reactions: Carlton
Actually no, they outgained us by like 75 yards and they were better offensively. We just have Cooper Dejean.🤷‍♂️ Won that game with his special teams and defensive work.
LOL. I had Badgers sitting around me and they were complaining the entire game about their offense.

Reactions: Carlton
New DC. But to me it’s still Wisconsin. It’s like Iowa’s defense, you just expect it to be great, until you see otherwise.
I guess though, that defense has always had the advantage of a run first, ball control offense. They are shaking things up a ton!

I'd settle for 5 wins next year if it meant slapping Wisconsin around. Would love for Walters to hold them to 200 yards and 20 yards rushing again....
5 wins probably means Brian didn’t meet his goals.

Tell that to Ohio State who was in a dogfight with a horrendous Northwestern team in Evanston on the same blustery day. Nothing wrong with saying Northwestern was fortunate to catch Ohio State in those conditions.
Yup. Wind affects a team like purdue and osu more than Iowa and northwestern. Especially when you have a coach who refuses to hand it off to one of the better running backs. Brohm was good, but sometimes watching his offense was equally maddening. Excited for the new regime!

Tell that to Ohio State who was in a dogfight with a horrendous Northwestern team in Evanston on the same blustery day. Nothing wrong with saying Northwestern was fortunate to catch Ohio State in those conditions.
Oh so some teams can handle the wind and some can't???

Chuck Sizzle got his catches, they just didn't really amount to anything for scoring!

• Haha
Reactions: SheepHumpingHawkeye
Oh so some teams can handle the wind and some can't???

Chuck Sizzle got his catches, they just didn't really amount to anything for scoring!
168 yards receiving indicates the wind affected the offense. And Brohms teams can't operate in non perfect conditions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT