ADVERTISEMENT

Economy destroys expectations and adds 272,000 jobs in May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you ALWAYS have to go 6 paragraphs deep to find the truth in every article?

At the same time, the unemployment rate rose to 4%, the first time it has breached that level since January 2022. The increase came even though the labor force participation rate decreased to 62.5%, down 0.2 percentage point. However, the survey of households used to compute the unemployment rate showed that the level of people who reported holding jobs fell by 408,000.

Why do you ALWAYS have to go 6 paragraphs deep to find the truth in every article?

At the same time, the unemployment rate rose to 4%, the first time it has breached that level since January 2022. The increase came even though the labor force participation rate decreased to 62.5%, down 0.2 percentage point. However, the survey of households used to compute the unemployment rate showed that the level of people who reported holding jobs fell by 408,000.
Because he's a lying marxist like all dems are.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuey pig........look at all those government jobs comrade jo has created >

Market knows this economy is still too strong for rate cuts.
It's is a high wire juggling act for fed between too restrictive and too inflationy.
All things considered there is a good reason the USA economy is the envy of the world.
Strong like bull.

Market knows this economy is still too strong for rate cuts.
It's is a high wire juggling act for fed between too restrictive and too inflationy.
All things considered there is a good reason the USA economy is the envy of the world.
Strong like bull.
Blue horseshoe is doubtful for any cuts this year but still sees winners.
Jobs were helped by service and gov’t hiring. Mfg still fairly flat.

You're complaining that our unemployment rate is 4%? It's almost like you're bitter we keep seeing one good jobs report after another. 4% is super low. Also weird you leave stuff like this out:
  • Average hourly earnings rose 0.4%, or 4.1% compared to the same period a year ago.

A worthless leech like yourself has no reason to brag about the jobs report. When you have never contributed anything to society except giving other males diseases. You’ve taken more from this country than what you’re worth.
SSI should be deleted for anyone without a bona fide WORK RELATED injury!!

Do people really care if more jobs are created. I’m pretty sure most legal citizens that are going to work and not be a drain already have jobs.
I’d be excited if this was an article about the cost of goods going down to reasonable prices.
I bought a pack of two 9 volt batteries yesterday to replace a dead battery in a smoke detector and it cost $10. lol what a joke.
That’s like an hours worth of work on my janitor pay. Just for two batteries.

High interest rates and massive debt will eventually crash the economy, but by all means, marxist minions, keep cheering on the creation of a massive amount of government jobs--aka more debt--and janitorial positions to occupy the masses of ILLEGALS between thefts—aka more inflation!https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Last edited:
Reactions: kzoohawk80
Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 272,000 in May, and the unemployment rate changed little at 4.0 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment continued to trend up in several industries, led by health care; government; leisure and hospitality; and professional, scientific, and technical services.

This news release presents statistics from two monthly surveys. The household survey measures labor force status, including unemployment, by demographic characteristics. The establishment survey measures nonfarm employment, hours, and earnings by industry. For more information about the concepts and statistical methodology used in these two surveys, see the Technical Note.

Household Survey Data

Both the unemployment rate, at 4.0 percent, and the number of unemployed people, at 6.6 million, changed little in May. A year earlier, the jobless rate was 3.7 percent, and the number of unemployed people was 6.1 million. (See table A-1.)

Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult men (3.8 percent), adult women (3.4 percent), teenagers (12.3 percent), Whites (3.5 percent), Blacks (6.1 percent), Asians (3.1 percent), and Hispanics (5.0 percent) showed little or no change in May. (See tables A-1, A-2, and A-3.)

The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more), at 1.4 million, changed little in May. The long-term unemployed accounted for 20.7 percent of all unemployed people. (See table A-12.)

Both the labor force participation rate, at 62.5 percent, and the employment-population ratio, at 60.1 percent, were little changed in May. These measures showed little change over the year.
(See table A-1.)

The number of people employed part time for economic reasons, at 4.4 million, changed little in May. These individuals, who would have preferred full-time employment, were working part time because their hours had been reduced or they were unable to find full-time jobs. (See table A-8.)

In May, the number of people not in the labor force who currently want a job, at 5.7 million, was little changed. These individuals were not counted as unemployed because they were not actively looking for work during the 4 weeks preceding the survey or were unavailable to take a job. (See table A-1.)

Among those not in the labor force who wanted a job, the number of people marginally attached to the labor force, at 1.5 million, was little changed in May. These individuals wanted and were available for work and had looked for a job sometime in the prior 12 months but had not looked for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey. The number of discouraged workers, a
subset of the marginally attached who believed that no jobs were available for them, edged up
to 462,000 over the month. (See Summary table A.)

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Depends on who is doing the speaking! If it's coming from the mouth a lying leftist, it's all good!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi friend, I'm really sad we don't chat anymore. Is it something I said? I mean you bring so much positivity to our humble message board, it makes me so sad that no one interacts with you.
I have a feeling that you're a very lonely person. I'll leave this for you.

Reactions: TheCainer
Did you get one of those jobs in May or are you still a worthless queer?
Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT