ADVERTISEMENT

Economy destroys expectations and adds 272,000 jobs in May

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSI should be deleted for anyone without a bona fide WORK RELATED injury!!

I love reading complaints about people who are perceived to cheat welfare, social security disability, or any other governmental program . . . those complaining are usually the same people who are most vocally opposed to the IRS ramping up efforts to catch those who are cheating the tax system.

Great example of selective outrage.

Moreover, my brother-in-law liked to voice the same complaint in the quoted portion of this post. Then his spouse was diagnosed with a progressively debilitative disease and he was more than happy to obtain the necessary medical documentation demonstrating that she could not return to work in her prior capacity and is now collecting a decent sized monthly check from Social Security.

Funny how perspectives change when someone has a certain life experience.

Last edited:
We are witnessing a notable increase in sales across our stores, accompanied by a decrease in prices from our vendors. During the pandemic, our vendors faced exorbitant shipping costs, which significantly drove up prices. However, with the recent reduction in shipping expenses, we are now seeing a corresponding decrease in the prices of wholesale items from our vendors.

Oh I totally agree. I got a kick out of a thread the other day when someone asked if you like your job. I would guess 80% of those people were making up what they do for a job.
Bull shit, that number is too low. I’m here for the comedy mostly intentional or unintentional. The ones here to vent or relentlessly try to hurt posters. Are angry about their lives in some regard. More power to them I guess. It’s really sad though.

I love reading complaints about people who are perceived to cheat welfare, social security disability, or any other governmental program . . . those complaining are usually the same people who are most vocally opposed to the IRS ramping up efforts to catch those who are cheating the tax system.

Great example of selective outrage.

Moreover, my brother-in-law liked to voice the same complaint in the quoted portion of this post. Then his spouse was diagnosed with a progressively debilitative disease and he was more than happy to obtain the necessary medical documentation demonstrating that she could not return to work in her prior capacity and is now collecting a decent sized monthly check from Social Security.

Funny how perspectives change when someone has a certain life experience.
Well thank [them] for helping to bankrupt the system! Is was never intended to provide LT disability coverage...especially to AIDSbags and ILLEGALS!!

What a weird victory lap to run. Natural citizens job numbers went down while jobs for illegal aliens went up several hundred thousand. Huey is openly cheering for great replacement like it's a win.
That's not what your graph in your link indicates. Foreign-born workers are not necessarily illegal; in fact, many of them are not. However, I do have significant concerns about the abuse of the H-1B visa program in this country. I believe that if a company decides to sponsor a foreign worker, that individual should have the exact same rights in the workplace as an American worker. This includes the ability to quit and find another job without the fear of deportation. Currently, corporations exploit foreign-born employees to drive down salaries, knowing that these workers cannot leave their jobs without risking deportation. It's a deeply flawed system that Congress needs to address as it also has a negative impact on American born salaries. Unfortunately, they seem unwilling to act because these corporations that contribute to their reelections save millions through the ongoing exploitation of foreign-based workers.

Last edited:
We are witnessing a notable increase in sales across our stores, accompanied by a decrease in prices from our vendors. During the pandemic, our vendors faced exorbitant shipping costs, which significantly drove up prices. However, with the recent reduction in shipping expenses, we are now seeing a corresponding decrease in the prices of wholesale items from our vendors.

My clients are primarily industrial product manufacturing business. I hosted a workshop in March of this year. Nearly every attendee told me that their businesses were extremely busy. Booked with projects well into the end of 2025. Lots of "irons" in the fire for potential projects after that. Struggling with finding enough qualified manufacturing workers - primarily welders (if you are qualified to weld stainless steel, the job market should be your oyster right now).

I asked whether they are working on domestic or foreign projects. The majority of projects were domestic.

It's 272,000 payroll increase Huey, not net workers to answer your other question I missed.
Hey Scruddy. Not that you're interested in being educated on the subject, but here's an article about why we need an effective immigration policy to keep the economy moving forward and how this phenomenon of foreign born workers increasing as a percentage of the workforce isn't anything new.

Reactions: Tom Paris
In all honesty I was hoping for a lower number to give the Fed room to move. I think that would be better for people and the economy than anything.
Agree. Consumer demand remains strong, so there's no incentive for corporations to reduce product pricing which keeps inflation higher.

-10/10 your game is shit, bro
What do you mean? I didn't see anyone else drop f bombs in here other than Huey. I saw someone be rude and call him a worthless queer, but given that queer is literally in the alphabet they hold up as a banner it's hard to claim that as bigoted language. You understand what I'm saying bro? Probably shouldn't be calling people worthless in general, but in the scope of name calling on this board that is pretty pg13 tbh

Reactions: kzoohawk80
It’s a heterosexual pride flag. I was curious if one existed a few days ago and found this one. Why not support being straight.
Honestly it comes across as a triggered ripoff of the rainbow flag. Now to be fair, my avatar is clearly a triggered ripoff of the confederate flag. But that's because I'm tired of the bigots thinking that gay bashing is ok. So screw them. I'll gay up their hate. But what's your excuse? What gay people are trying to oppress you?

Last edited:
Market knows this economy is still too strong for rate cuts.
It's is a high wire juggling act for fed between too restrictive and too inflationy.
All things considered there is a good reason the USA economy is the envy of the world.
Strong like bull.
These clowns can NEVER EVER give Biden a win. They only care about a great economy when cons are in The White House. It used to be, “It’s the economy, stupid.” Now it’s just, “Stay stupid.”

Like normal, only we libs can give a Republican credit when they get something right. Biden could end border crossings, ship out illegals, ban abortion, and they would bitch about it. It’s a hive mind.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Honestly it comes across as a triggered ripoff of the rainbow flag. Now to be fair, my avatar is clearly a triggered ripoff of the confederate flag. But that's because I'm tired of the bigots thinking that gay bashing is ok. So screw them. I'll gay up their hate. But what's your excuse? What gay people are trying to oppress you?
I’ll let my design team know. They probably should just use an image of a guy and a gal. That would be pretty simple.
I’m not trying to oppress or piss off anyone. I just enjoy being straight and wanted to celebrate it. I used to have a kinnick stadium as I enjoy the Hawkeyes.

I’ll let my design team know. They probably should just use an image of a guy and a gal. That would be pretty simple.
I’m not trying to oppress or piss off anyone. I just enjoy being straight and wanted to celebrate it. I used to have a kinnick stadium as I enjoy the Hawkeyes.
Celebrate it. But maybe not celebrate flags that are clearly designed to try sticking it to gay people.

What an odd thing to say. To me, being straight comes as easy as breathing. I don't need to celebrate breathing because it's all I've known.

Do you have to work at being straight?

Sounds like it's something you struggled with, being that it's something you want to celebrate.

Celebrate it. But maybe not celebrate flags that are clearly designed to try sticking it to gay people.
I don’t know if you’ve done a search on straight pride flags or straight person flags lately but let me know if you find an alternative I should use.
I’m only sticking it to straight people.

• Sad
Reactions: Tom Paris
What an odd thing to say. To me, being straight comes as easy as breathing. I don't need to celebrate breathing because it's all I've known.

Sounds like it's something you struggled with, being that it's something you want to celebrate.
If it’s as easy as breathing then why would someone be gay. Why make breathing harder than it needs to be?

@Formerly Rockymtnole asked about my avatar the other day and said it’s ridiculous. Apparently I’m not allowed to be straight.

He comes across as very insecure, doesn’t he?

Because being gay is something a person is born with. Again, it comes as natural as breathing.

Is being straight that hard for you?
lol. How do you know I was born straight?
Maybe I overcame growing up with a gay couple as parents?

Face it, you have an issue with me being straight

This a real question? Straight is the default. Nobody has limited your right to marry, join the Army, or adopt. Read the room.
and guess what? None of those items that you just mentioned exist today. You can marry, join the army, or adopt. Hell you might be able to adopt easier or get promoted quicker in the army because you’re gay.
Why are we still celebrating gay pride when you can do all the things a straight person can do yet you want to suppress me for being straight?

Reactions: Scruddy

You need to stop when you are behind. The annals of history are rife with examples of people in the LGBTQ community torturing and killing straight people because, you know, of their "straightness." RME.

• Haha
Reactions: FlickShagwell
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT