ADVERTISEMENT

Eierman is a Hawkeye

No. He will have another year after Eierman so he’s not going anywhere.
There's a couple scenarios where I could see him not starting this and next year. If he's not the Hawks 141 this season, meaning ADS at 141... then GT/ADS are the 133/141 combo going forward. MM isn't sticking around to be the 149 in 21/22 season, imo.

I have zero inside info on this, just spitballing. I realize ADS has a redshirt to use, but with the Hawks chances at a Natty title in 20/21... you're not going to get Austin talked into sitting out.

Reactions: wasdt21
There's a couple scenarios where I could see him not starting this and next year. If he's not the Hawks 141 this season, meaning ADS at 141... then GT/ADS are the 133/141 combo going forward. MM isn't sticking around to be the 149 in 21/22 season, imo.

I have zero inside info on this, just spitballing. I realize ADS has a redshirt to use, but with the Hawks chances at a Natty title in 20/21... you're not going to get Austin talked into sitting out.

He’s exactly the kind of kid that sticks it out. In my opinion of course.

Best of the best convenience store shoppers though.
Been a long dry spell in recruiting. Regardless of any perceived progress on the mat...that staff is REALLY struggling bringing top notch kids to campus.

Might need a shakeup.

Actual conversation with my wife:

Me: The transfer portal is going to ruin college wrestling!
Wife: don’t you think that’s a little dramatic?

Eierman transfers to Hawkeyes

Me: Eierman to Iowa!
Wife: you just said you were upset about transfers.
Me: well, kind of a lot has happened since then.

on a similar note, if someone didn't like the squad before but likes it now would you mind if someone wanted to jump on or at least gets helped up onto the bandwagon with you guys and gals?

#23- times running out.

I'm not even sold on GT being the savior at 133 yet. AD 133 and MM 141 might be out best lineup this year. Max made some gains at the end of last year and to me a more proven guy than GT. I see Max as a very important part of this team moving forward,
There might be some back story that we don't know about, but the fact that Austin is in a wrestle off @ 141 suggests something. And with the time away from competing... I think the trajectory will be fast... upwards, for GT.

I am talking all-time in history of Iowa wrestling. Next years is that good potentially.
That's shitting in some pretty high cotton. Not seeing anything close to that level, potentially or otherwise.

We currently have 1 guy of 10 who has even been in an NCAA Final. There's a long way to go to get 4-6 in there. I'd be estatic if we got 3 based on this team to this point, which is doable, but believe it when I see it.

I'm not even sold on GT being the savior at 133 yet. AD 133 and MM 141 might be out best lineup this year. Max made some gains at the end of last year and to me a more proven guy than GT. I see Max as a very important part of this team moving forward,

I really like Max Murin and think we would be just fine with AD and him this year. Still see him as a Rd of 12 low AA guy.

However, Teasdale just wrestled his first live match in front of a crowd since Mar of 2018 I believe and won. It wasn't a tune up guy from Buttf*ck CC but a very solid Paul Glynn who could be a starter on a lot of D-1 teams this year. In fact, if Glynn had the ability to score points, GT probably wouldn't be here. In this match:

--Teasdale outshot Glynn by a wide margin.
--Scored in the third period
--His cardio looked fine

If you recall, Glynn gave Desanto a tough match. Glynn was a one point decision from making Midlands finals last year. The guy that beat him? Got ran over by Desanto in the finals. IMO, Teasdale is checking off a lot of things for a guy that has essentially been out of the sport for the past year and half. He went through personal crap, transferred, got in our room around June and seems to be doing ok. The wrestling will come. I am fine either way.

I really like Max Murin and think we would be just fine with AD and him this year. Still see him as a Rd of 12 low AA guy.

However, Teasdale just wrestled his first live match in front of a crowd since Mar of 2018 I believe and won. It wasn't a tune up guy from Buttf*ck CC but a very solid Paul Glynn who could be a starter on a lot of D-1 teams this year. In fact, if Glynn had the ability to score points, GT probably wouldn't be here. In this match:

--His cardio looked fine

If you recall, Glynn gave Desanto a tough match. Glynn was a one point decision from making Midlands finals last year. The guy that beat him? Got ran over by Desanto in the finals. IMO, Teasdale is checking off a lot of things for a guy that has essentially been out of the sport for the past year and half. He went through personal crap, transferred, got in our room around June and seems to be doing ok. The wrestling will come. I am fine either way.

Chief, any word on ADS? I assume he's wrestling Murin tomorrow at 141?

--His cardio looked fine

Someone said in another thread that GT and Lee were going really hard up until about 15 mins before wrestle offs started, too.

Reactions: TarpHawk

--His cardio looked fine

didn't he beat Dylan Duncan last year at the dual. That guys is a couple time qualifier. I love guys like Paul Glynn

--His cardio looked fine

My thoughts on GT really were in general vs based on his match with Paul. I totally get he has talent, has come along way and has looked good in the room but at this point he is still pretty much unknown as to how he would do vs the field. Basically there is a lot of wrestling and decisions to be had in determining the lineup moving forward this year and beyond.

Reactions: artradley
It sounds like we all believe it’s a given that he will go 149. What is that based on?

Gobblin
Is this one of the guys you were excited about the other day or is this just icing?
Not to mention his dad and his thoughts about TnT and Iowa.

It’s not a secret that he’s not too big of a fan of the program or style. I don’t think there’s much mutual respect.

This was ole Goobers take on Eierman. Looks like his S**t didn’t stick again......

Dude, c’mon. He/she gives a ton of info and that’s what we are here for... no reason to talk crap. Oh wait, this is the cesspool :)

Congrats on the pickup -- next year's prospective lineup is looking pretty damn salty. Eierman's a guy I like to follow, too -- so damn you guys for ruining my enjoyment of his work. ;)

Although content to focus on first-things-first (this season), I'm looking forward to seeing how the arms race continues to develop. This is great drama for the big programs' fans*.

* But I hope the middle-tier and smaller programs don't get gutted persistently by the relaxed transfer rules. Time will tell.

Thanks big guy!

He’s been throwing S**t against the wall for a long time that’s for sure and as crazy as it might seem not a lot of it has stuck over the years.

This is getting fun. Meanwhile keep sitting around and jotting down all my posts so you can “burn me” later like an obsessed psychopath when the chance arises while contributing absolutely nothing else. I’ll bet your name is Trevor and you frequent public restrooms just to smell other peoples shits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT