ADVERTISEMENT

Ellen DeGeneres says Quarantine is like being in jail. Libs go full lib.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Poor Ellen. It was actually a funny self deprecating joke and the left once again, goes full potato. Insane.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ellen-...backlash/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=86086665
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ellen-...backlash/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=86086665

"One thing that I've learned from being in quarantine is that people — this is like being in jail, is what it is," DeGeneres said. "It's mostly because I've been wearing the same clothes for 10 days and everyone in here is gay
Now, the comedian is facing some fierce backlash on social media from viewers who consider the comparison insensitive and tone-deaf.

"Oh the jokes that you have.... my son is in prison facing a chance of Coronavirus infecting him," tweeted Audrey Maxam from Ohio. "Yep it's such a joke."

"Hey @TheEllenShow, prisoners across this country are trapped in 24-hour quarantine in cells that are probably about the size of one of your showers & others are sleeping 3 feet away from sick inmates. And they're dying. You aren't experiencing anything close to prison," wrote Caleb Grossman from Omaha, Nebraska.

"Being a privileged super wealthy white lady "stuck" in a mansion is not "like jail", this comparison is not funny it is disgusting," tweeted @SalivaGlance.

As of Tuesday, 287 inmates and 406 staffers in New York City jails had tested positive for coronavirus, according to the city's Department of Corrections. Seven members of the department had died, as well as the first inmate at Rikers Island.

Chicago's Cook's County Jail, which has become one of the nation's major COVID-19 hotspots, also suffered its first coronavirus death on Tuesday.

Reactions: h-hawk
Why do journalists do this? The three people they cited in this have 140, 10, and 1800 followers. The guy with 140 followers got zero engagement with his tweet they quote. No likes or retweets. The person with 10 followers got 7 likes. The lady with 1800 got one like and retweet. And she is in Germany.

Is that really worth an article?

Poor Ellen. It was actually a funny self deprecating joke and the left once again, goes full potato. Insane.

"One thing that I've learned from being in quarantine is that people — this is like being in jail, is what it is," DeGeneres said. "It's mostly because I've been wearing the same clothes for 10 days and everyone in here is gay
Now, the comedian is facing some fierce backlash on social media from viewers who consider the comparison insensitive and tone-deaf.

"Oh the jokes that you have.... my son is in prison facing a chance of Coronavirus infecting him," tweeted Audrey Maxam from Ohio. "Yep it's such a joke."

"Hey @TheEllenShow, prisoners across this country are trapped in 24-hour quarantine in cells that are probably about the size of one of your showers & others are sleeping 3 feet away from sick inmates. And they're dying. You aren't experiencing anything close to prison," wrote Caleb Grossman from Omaha, Nebraska.

"Being a privileged super wealthy white lady "stuck" in a mansion is not "like jail", this comparison is not funny it is disgusting," tweeted @SalivaGlance.

As of Tuesday, 287 inmates and 406 staffers in New York City jails had tested positive for coronavirus, according to the city's Department of Corrections. Seven members of the department had died, as well as the first inmate at Rikers Island.

Chicago's Cook's County Jail, which has become one of the nation's major COVID-19 hotspots, also suffered its first coronavirus death on Tuesday.
I missed where it discussed them being liberal.

Ellen has done far more good in this world than I'm sure those Twittiots have done combined.

I admit I get on Twitter most days but it would be a far better world if stupid political hacks from both sides didnt have a platform for their terrible thoughts.

Why do tabloid writers do this? The three people they cited in this have 140, 10, and 1800 followers. The guy with 140 followers got zero engagement with his tweet they quote. No likes or retweets. The person with 10 followers got 7 likes. The lady with 1800 got one like and retweet. And she is in Germany.

FIFY.

Why do journalists do this? The three people they cited in this have 140, 10, and 1800 followers. The guy with 140 followers got zero engagement with his tweet they quote. No likes or retweets. The person with 10 followers got 7 likes. The lady with 1800 got one like and retweet. And she is in Germany.

It's easier and way faster than doing research for an actual news article. It's like picking off the low-hanging fruit for writers that may get paid by the article.

People hate Ellen because she dare be friends with someone like W who she completely disagrees with. I mean, who the does she think she is?

Yeah, sorry but this was a fail by OP. SJWs don’t fall on either side. They love attacking the “left” just as much (if not more). And it’s notable that people on the right are using it as a way to attack her as well. The neo-liberals and alt-right have a lot in common. Especially in their hatred of wealthy celebrities.

Ellen's jail is a 24 million dollar California beach house.

Yeah...but that wasn't what she was referring to. It was her same outfit everyday and the fact the people there are homos. And morons think she's belittling how hard real jail time is.

This was a CBS article, BTW.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT