ADVERTISEMENT

Emerald Coast Classic

Purchased my tickets for both sessions today. Excited to see the Hawks again in Florida. Its a great venue that these games are played at, if you ever have the chance to attend. We got half court seats, 10 rows up in the Hawk section. Can't wait!
Should be a great time; especially since I like the Hawks' chances to win the trophy there - or at least give TCU one hell of a tussle in the champ. game.

Color me jealous.

Its a good field to base what we look like....Last time we were in the Classic Virginia just completely shut us down. It was the most impressive team defense I've ever seen. Then the 3rd place game vs Memphis was just a plain shoot out. Peter Jok had it going, but it wasn't enough. Hopefully much better of an outcome this coming year!

Purchased my tickets for both sessions today. Excited to see the Hawks again in Florida. Its a great venue that these games are played at, if you ever have the chance to attend. We got half court seats, 10 rows up in the Hawk section. Can't wait!
Section B rows G and H. There will be six of us.

Reactions: NI hawk
We are in Section H, row H, seats 27 and 28 both sessions...Other side of the court from yours....Just saw your FWB in your ID....assuming Fort Walton Beach, we are in Destin

We'll be directly across from each other.

Hopefully the Hawkeyes do better than the last time here.

You mentioned how great the Virginia's defense was in the first game. It was terrible as a Hawkeye to watch.

Jok's 40pts against Memphis was a lot of fun even though they lost. We we're two rows behind Tubby Smith and could listen to him coaching during time outs.

We were a couple rows behind the Virginia bench and Bennett and his staff. It was a clinic that any junior high or high school coach should have witnessed. I've never seen a team talk so much on defense, so impressive

Reactions: hawaii hardwood
If the Hawkeyes face TCU, they are a physical matchup. Should be a good test for the toughness aspect. If everyone is shooting well they should be ok. Lampkin is a pain in the rear and one of those players that can be irritating when he isn’t on your team. Rebraca will need to play very well, and Josh O will need to help.

If the Hawkeyes face TCU, they are a physical matchup. Should be a good test for the toughness aspect. If everyone is shooting well they should be ok. Lampkin is a pain in the rear and one of those players that can be irritating when he isn’t on your team. Rebraca will need to play very well, and Josh O will need to help.
This is not the TCU of the last few years, struggling against some low level teams. I like the Hawks in this matchup.

This is not the TCU of the last few years, struggling against some low level teams. I like the Hawks in this matchup.
Agreed they are playing poorly, but the play style still applies. This is the type of team that should be scrutinized as a “ bad matchup “ for Iowa’s style. If the Hawks play really well, I would take it as encouraging.

Should be a great time; especially since I like the Hawks' chances to win the trophy there - or at least give TCU one hell of a tussle in the champ. game.

Color me jealous.
Yeah, considering TCU's season to date, I will honestly be disappointed if the Hawks don't beat TCU (if play them) for the ECC championship on Saturday evening.

It's actually almost the same roster from last season's team that went to the second round of the tournament and almost upset Arizona. The issue is that their second best player Damion Baugh is suspended for 6 games to start the year (he'll miss the tournament too) and Mike Miles their pre-season all-american has been battling a bone bruise in his foot to start the year and has missed their last 2 games.

From his kenpom page, here is Jamie Dixon’s national ranks in offensive rebound percentage each year.

2004 - 9
2005 - 1
2006 - 20
2007 - 51
2008 - 12
2009 - 1
2010 - 65
2011 - 2
2012 - 5
2013 - 4
2014 - 21
2015 - 69
2016 - 18
2017 - 36
2018 - 24
2019 - 84
2020 - 48
2021 - 134
2022 - 1
2023 - 32

20 years

First - 3 times
Top 10 - 7 times
Top 25 - 11 times

So there’s a coaching trend that he emphasizes attacking the glass.

I don’t know if their big man Lampkin is in the dog house or just isn’t durable given the minutes he’s played so far.

Reactions: MonmouthHawk
From his kenpom page, here is Jamie Dixon’s national ranks in offensive rebound percentage each year.

2004 - 9
2005 - 1
2006 - 20
2007 - 51
2008 - 12
2009 - 1
2010 - 65
2011 - 2
2012 - 5
2013 - 4
2014 - 21
2015 - 69
2016 - 18
2017 - 36
2018 - 24
2019 - 84
2020 - 48
2021 - 134
2022 - 1
2023 - 32

20 years

First - 3 times
Top 10 - 7 times
Top 25 - 11 times

I don’t know if their big man Lampkin is in the dog house or just isn’t durable given the minutes he’s played so far.
Lampkin is a big boy--more conditioned than Ogundele, but still big. He has some challenges defensively when teams play quick/small ball. Will be interesting to see how Fran game plans for him.

Reactions: RocknRollface
It's actually almost the same roster from last season's team that went to the second round of the tournament and almost upset Arizona. The issue is that their second best player Damion Baugh is suspended for 6 games to start the year (he'll miss the tournament too) and Mike Miles their pre-season all-american has been battling a bone bruise in his foot to start the year and has missed their last 2 games.
Always want to play teams at full strength, but could be a decent opportunity to get a win which ends up being really good down the line

Reactions: HawkBall23
Heading down to Okaloosa Island for Thanksgiving. I should be there for Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to it. Will there be any kind of game watch on Friday for the football game? I assume TK is skipping to cover the football game. Arena looks like a great small venue.

When TCU lost to Northwestern State, they were missing 2 of their top players. And not sure if it's improved since that game, but they have not been good from 3 point range this season.

Against N'western State:

* TCU was without leading-scorer Mike Miles Jr. (left knee and ankle injury).

* TCU senior guard Damion Baugh served the 3rd game of a 6-game suspension imposed by the NCAA for signing with an NBA-certified agent after last season. Baugh started 30 of his 31 games last season. The suspension was revealed before the game, and Baugh will be eligible to return Nov. 30 against Providence.

It hasn’t been the smoothest of beginnings for TCU. The Frogs had to rally to beat Arkansas-Pine Bluff in their opener and struggled to put away Lamar.

TCU missed their first 12 shots from beyond the arc vs Northwestern State and finished 2 for 21 from three. They were a combined 14 for 74 from three over their first 3 games.

2004 - 9
2005 - 1
2006 - 20
2007 - 51
2008 - 12
2009 - 1
2010 - 65
2011 - 2
2012 - 5
2013 - 4
2014 - 21
2015 - 69
2016 - 18
2017 - 36
2018 - 24
2019 - 84
2020 - 48
2021 - 134
2022 - 1
2023 - 32

20 years

First - 3 times
Top 10 - 7 times
Top 25 - 11 times

I have said it before; defensive rebounding will once again be a key to whether or not Iowa has success this season. Traditionally, Iowa gives up way too many offensive rebounds & 2nd chance points.

What's Clemson's story this year?
The biggest thing for Clemson right now is the health of PJ Hall. He suffered a knee injury during the summer and they’ve been keeping him on a minute restriction from what I can tell. He only played 13 minutes in their last game and is topping out around 20 minutes so far.

He is a former top 50 prospect at center. Watching a replay of their game against S Carolina, he’s a really talented player that can score at all three levels. When he’s healthy and playing well, he would probably be competitive for one of the all big ten teams at center.

They aren’t beating Iowa if he only plays 20-ish minutes.

The rest of their team is extremely ordinary. They like taking charges. They haven’t been that good defending mid majors so far because they don’t have the athleticism to dominate those teams.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Don't want to get ahead but I think Iowa could roll both of these teams if the 3s are dropping. Not sure TCU will be on Saturday. Looking forward to it. Hope Perkins can go.

Will they be able to get Ia/ Neb game. Seat I 5 and 6 1st game . G 23 and 24 Final. Driving over from Tallahassee
All, it isn't clear to me if Props has the BTN. I called last night and the people there could not answer the question. I sent an email and they haven't responded. If I hear anything tonight or early tomorrow I'll post on here.

All, it isn't clear to me if Props has the BTN. I called last night and the people there could not answer the question. I sent an email and they haven't responded. If I hear anything tonight or early tomorrow I'll post on here.

not a bad looking shirt

FiGDVY4XoAY6eF3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT