ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN STORY: Please sign Petition Demanding Register Issue a Front Page apology to Carson King

Someone needs to explain to me why anyone at the Register felt the need to dig into this guy’s Tweet history. Were they so upset about the year supply of Busch Light that they wanted to submarine it? Did they not like the cans with the dude’s face? Are they morally opposed to the Children’s Hospital?
I just don’t get the motivation for bringing up something this guy said when he was 16 years old.

I may well get ripped for this, but IDGAF. Both Carson AND the DSM Register are in the wrong here. I don't care what age you were, you hopefully grow up and clean up your social media as you get older. I use stories like this to teach my kids all the time about the type of online reputation they want to leave. And racist jokes aren't funny. They are stupid, and tosh.0 was a stupid show. I'm glad its off the air so these little wannabes aren't hearing and regurgitating that idiot's shtick. Society has norms when it comes to racism. Sorry it bit a good kid in the butt later in his life, but if it wasn't the Register, it might have been an employer.

Now, that being said, the Register had NO BUSINESS putting it in the article it did. It had absolutely nothing to do with this awesome story. The kid has obviously grown up and matured. He could have pocketed that money, but he did something great. Something that will help kids of all ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds. And ESPECIALLY from this Aaron Calvin loser, who has the audacity to call out this kid for the EXACT same sin he himself committed. So while the apology is in order, the better thing for the Register to do would be to publicly admonish and fire Aaron Calvin.

Last edited:
I may well get ripped for this, but IDGAF. Both Carson AND the DSM Register are in the wrong here. I don't care what age you were, you hopefully grow up and clean up your social media as you get older. I use stories like this to teach my kids all the time about the type of online reputation they want to leave. And racist jokes aren't funny. They are stupid, and tosh.0 was a stupid show. I'm glad its off the air so these little wannabes aren't hearing and regurgitating that idiot's shtick. Society has norms when it comes to racism. Sorry it bit a good kid in the butt later in his life, but if it wasn't the Register, it might have been an employer.

Now, that being said, the Register had NO BUSINESS putting it in the article it did. It had absolutely nothing to do with this awesome story. The kid has obviously grown up and matured. He could have pocketed that money, but he did something great. Something that will help kids of all ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds. And ESPECIALLY this Aaron Calvin loser, who has the audacity to call out this kid for the EXACT same sin he himself committed. So while the apology is in order, the better thing for the Register to do would be to publicly admonish and fire Aaron Calvin.

I am from out of state and ask what level of outrage the dmr has exhibited with regard to Trudeau blackface? I think much of the disgust is the apparent selective targeting indicative of blatant virtue signaling and political expediency day after day it the media.

I am from out of state and ask what level of outrage the dmr has exhibited with regard to Trudeau blackface? I think much of the disgust is the apparent selective targeting indicative of blatant virtue signaling and political expediency day after day it the media.
You are being political. How the Register covered Trudeau is irrelevant.

Now, that being said, the Register had NO BUSINESS putting it in the article it did. It had absolutely nothing to do with this awesome story. The kid has obviously grown up and matured. He could have pocketed that money, but he did something great. Something that will help kids of all ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds. And ESPECIALLY this Aaron Calvin loser, who has the audacity to call out this kid for the EXACT same sin he himself committed. So while the apology is in order, the better thing for the Register to do would be to publicly admonish and fire Aaron Calvin.

A teenager quoted a comedy show on Twitter. Thank God he didn't quite South Park.

Carson is the only class in this place.

We need blind Al Pacino to take a flame thrower to this place.

Shit that is inflammatory....to paraphrase a movie. Good thing I am anonymous and don't have an avatar

I may well get ripped for this, but IDGAF. [blah, blah, blah...]

ATT00011.jpg

Kids do dumb things not thinking of future ramifications.

He more than made up for his stupidity with this act...and then some.

should he delete this tweet as well that he posted 3 years ago?

"Until we as a people learn that racism and hate are learned behaviors, we won’t get rid of it. Tolerance towards others is the first step." -- July 8, 2016

You are being political. How the Register covered Trudeau is irrelevant.

Wrong. If the media is covering essentially the same type of story differently, and I think that they are, then that is clear bias and it should be highlighted so as to impact the credibility, or lack thereof, of the reporting media.

The DSM Register is now getting a gigantic dose of what it is like to be on the other side of the "Woke Police" today. Enjoy it DS Reg, you have earned it.

It would be interesting to be "in the room" today as the chowderheads at the Register try to figure out their next step. Maybe they should film themselves and then later sell the rights to this internal debacle as a reality show? :) No sympathy for the Register from me.

Wrong. If the media is covering essentially the same type of story differently, and I think that they are, then that is clear bias and it should be highlighted so as to impact the credibility, or lack thereof, of the reporting media.

The DSM Register is now getting a gigantic dose of what it is like to be on the other side of the "Woke Police" today. Enjoy it DS Reg, you have earned it.

It would be interesting to be "in the room" today as the chowderheads at the Register try to figure out their next step. Maybe they should film themselves and then later sell the rights to this internal debacle as a reality show? :) No sympathy for the Register from me.
If Trudeau was an Iowa politician or official, I’d agree, but he’s the PM of a foreign country and has nothing to do with Iowa. It’s irrelevant unless you believe the DMR should cover all racist acts by everyone in the world equally? Let me be clear, I’m not supporting DMR, I think what that reporter did was crappy.

Someone needs to explain to me why anyone at the Register felt the need to dig into this guy’s Tweet history. Were they so upset about the year supply of Busch Light that they wanted to submarine it? Did they not like the cans with the dude’s face? Are they morally opposed to the Children’s Hospital?
I just don’t get the motivation for bringing up something this guy said when he was 16 years old.

Maybe you need to get with the times. Social media history is examined for everyone that is in the spotlight and everyone that is applying for a job etc.

I am guessing most of the people outraged don't even have a register subscription and didn't donate to money to him for the children's hospital.

If Trudeau was an Iowa politician or official, I’d agree, but he’s the PM of a foreign country and has nothing to do with Iowa. It’s irrelevant unless you believe the DMR should cover all racist acts by everyone in the world equally? Let me be clear, I’m not supporting DMR, I think what that reporter did was crappy.

OK, as it relates to Iowa only, I see your point. But...keep in mind that at this point, it looks as though he will survive this. As did the Governor in Virginia on something similar.

Why does one get dropped and others remain in their positions?

Maybe you need to get with the times. Social media history is examined for everyone that is in the spotlight and everyone that is applying for a job etc.

I totally get what you're saying and understand that it happens for job apps, etc. to "examine" the character of a person you're hiring or working with, etc. But in this instance, what he did (donations) was a great story, showed his current character, and was a fabulous act of generosity. The need to look back at his "past" had no bearing whatsoever on what was going on today. There was no need to bother with it, other than to tear him down.

OK, as it relates to Iowa only, I see your point. But...keep in mind that at this point, it looks as though he will survive this. As did the Governor in Virginia on something similar.

Well, for Trudeau at least, he has an election next month. That's why those photos just happened to surface now.

Precisely
You will find the false religion of political correctness only applies to certain groups certain genders certain religions

There is no media firestorm over the elderly man beaten to death for a dollar and spit on why is that ?

Does anyone lose their job for antichristian diatribes ?

Leftist policing of free speech has to be rejected its false and evil on its face

I can understand doing a basic background to make sure the guy is legit, not a criminal or something. It doesn't compute to me why they felt this had to be included in the story. I would love to have been in the editor's room for the discussion on this.

They will never tell you the truth that they had some bbbb hurt employee that knew his past and wanted to expose him.

It will be "we do this research on all persons we write stories about".

There is a lesson to be learned here kids: this is what happens when you do a good deed.
Exactly. Next time, keep all the money for yourself. Had he not announced he was donating it, he would have walked away with a couple grand and that would have been the end of it. Now he has had his past dug up and rubbed in his face. He has inadvertently become a public figure.

ATT00011.jpg

Kids do dumb things not thinking of future ramifications.

He more than made up for his stupidity with this act...and then some.

should he delete this tweet as well that he posted 3 years ago?

"Until we as a people learn that racism and hate are learned behaviors, we won’t get rid of it. Tolerance towards others is the first step." -- July 8, 2016

I get it, guys. Re-read my second paragraph.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye

Where is the IGNORE button?

Right. Coming from a guy with 26,000 posts on this board, many of which are acerbically toned political arguments.......

You will have to excuse my inability to stop rolling my eyes.

It's what the libs do now - the past couple of years they want to dig up dirt on anyone but themselves.

I understand that it happens. I just don’t understand why. Nothing was gained by what the Register did. It was not relevant to the article.
It happens because people are always looking to knock other people down. I mean, it's absolutely pathetic. News media nitpicking and nitpicking at everything they can until something blows way out of proportion and becomes a big story. I don't know how they (especially the DSM Register staff involved here) live with themselves.

I agree that we can use this to teach our kids about not doing stupid things. but......KIDS DO STUPID THINGS. God forbid we get to the point where we start looking into everybody's childhood and holding their dumb decisions against them. This guy didn't even do anything that would make it relevant to look into past statements he's made. The reporter must have had an issue with the fact that people were saying positive things about him. One of those, "everyone thinks this guy is so perfect. I'll show them!". I really think it would be hilarious if someone did some digging into the reporters background. See what dirt they could pull up. See how they like it. It's a bunch of B.S. and the reporter deserves every bit of bad karma that flows their way. It's been well earned with this one.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT