ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN STORY: Please sign Petition Demanding Register Issue a Front Page apology to Carson King

Not what I said. I said his 24 year old self needed to be aware of the implications of social media, and go back and delete the old stuff. It's a painful lesson, and a bit unfair, but life isn't fair.

Why? All he did was donate some money. Why should he have to make those assumptions? If you won the lottery and decided to donate the money to a charity, why should you have to delete things that you did as a teenager. It is in NO way relevant! A thank you would suffice. Just a thank you. Crazy, I know, but deserved.

Reactions: hwk23
I did not know that, so he is even a bigger jerk than what I would have guessed. Yet, he is the PM and often in receipt of praise and admiration. I can't help but wonder if he had conservative political leanings if all of that would be overlooked the same way that it seems as it is now. Hmmm...
Take it for what it's worth. I have no reason to believe this neighbor is lying, but you never know. I know he has said the same story to his father, so this wasn't something he just said to me, fwiw.

Uh, wut? Cancel culture? The "woke" left?

Sorry, me no speak that language.
aka, what the DMR did...........finding ancient stuff and throwing it back at someone to make someone seem horrible.

Woke is anyone who is a far left commie who hates white people, christians, and men. Anyone who still hasn't gotten over the 2016 election. Anyone who believes that race, sex, and sexual preference make you a better person automatically. Anyone who believes there are more than two genders. Need I go on? I got a million of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: haw-key
He's one of the biggest douches on the off topic board, but rarely posts there anymore as no one likes him. Glad to see he's making friends on the football board too.

That's an oxymoron if I've seen one. Because literally everyone on the OT are giant douches in my opinion. It is basically far left and far right spewing the same garbage at one another and each side thinks they are so damn smart and never wrong. Made the mistake trying to post there once and have a civil discussion. Why no one on football board wants to hear this crap from either side. Place is almost as bad as cyclone fanatic.

On the discussion on hand love how this has gone national with the DMR and AB looking like fools.

aka, what the DMR did...........finding ancient stuff and throwing it back at someone to make someone seem horrible.

Woke is anyone who is a far left commie who hates white people, christians, and men. They generally support the Antifa terrorists and tell you their preferred gender pronoun as well.

Uh, ok. Thx,o_O

Reactions: not_mantiteo
These threads? They are all effing insanity. Blaming everything on a political persuasion? What a bunch of crap. A whole lot of imbecilic behavior.

LOL, perhaps. But there are obviously a few sub groups that have gone pretty far off the rails. So much so that sighting examples would be redundant.

Whether it's fair to connect them with specific political affiliations is a certainly a valid point of discussion.

This shit is as dumb as the isu/ia band crap. If we're are gonna put news out there can we actually see the facts!?!?!?!

Has anyone even seen this tweet?

Hard to defend something when we don't know what exactly it is.

If he really did nothing but quote something from tv, then this whole thing is an f-ing joke.

I DID see the tweets by the reporter though, that was pretty amusing. Clearly not too bright.

A snowflake is a person who can not deal with “heat” i.e. opposing ideas. Whenever a “snowflake” encounters a situation that they don’t like, or think is unfair — instead of reasoning out their thinking, they “melt”

Hence the term snowflake.

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
A snowflake is a person who can not deal with “heat” i.e. opposing ideas. Whenever a “snowflake” encounters a situation that they don’t like, or think is unfair — instead of reasoning out their thinking, they “melt”

By that explanation...it would define 100% of the human population

Last edited:
I'm really just asking.

A snowflake is someone so fragile, delicate and special that they can't handle opinions/ideas/concepts that make them uncomfortable. Like a snowflake...they'll "melt" under the slightest heat and therefore must be protected from uncomfortable ideas.

The term became popular when many University campi established the idea of "safe spaces" for millennials who couldn't handle things that made them feel uncomfortable or threatened. (like the wrong person getting elected).

Liberal arts colleges used to represent just the opposite. You were to be exposed to many different ideas, some you wouldn't understand and that would challenge your "normal" and make you uncomfortable. That was precisely the purpose...to get you out of your comfort zone, develop your critical thinking skills and make you grow both emotionally and intellectually. Not so much, now.

To relate this back to the thread...some people erroneously shout "you're a snow flake" anytime somebody says "Bullshit" or "That's wrong" or "I disagree with that". Simple disagreement is not being a snowflake. The inability to do so is.

snow·flake
/ˈsnōˌflāk/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: snowflake; plural noun: snowflakes; noun: special snowflake; plural noun: special snowflake

INFORMAL•DEROGATORY

2. An overly sensitive or easily offended person, or one who believes they are entitled to special treatment on account of their supposedly unique characteristics.

"these little snowflakes will soon discover that life doesn't come with trigger warnings"

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Crossface

much more concise than my post and dead on.

I may well get ripped for this, but IDGAF. Both Carson AND the DSM Register are in the wrong here. I don't care what age you were, you hopefully grow up and clean up your social media as you get older. I use stories like this to teach my kids all the time about the type of online reputation they want to leave. And racist jokes aren't funny. They are stupid, and tosh.0 was a stupid show. I'm glad its off the air so these little wannabes aren't hearing and regurgitating that idiot's shtick. Society has norms when it comes to racism. Sorry it bit a good kid in the butt later in his life, but if it wasn't the Register, it might have been an employer.

Now, that being said, the Register had NO BUSINESS putting it in the article it did. It had absolutely nothing to do with this awesome story. The kid has obviously grown up and matured. He could have pocketed that money, but he did something great. Something that will help kids of all ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds. And ESPECIALLY from this Aaron Calvin loser, who has the audacity to call out this kid for the EXACT same sin he himself committed. So while the apology is in order, the better thing for the Register to do would be to publicly admonish and fire Aaron Calvin.

Tosh.0 is still on the air and it still has new shows airing.

University of Iowa should give him a full ride. The amount of money he raised more than offsets a free education.

I hope this didn’t take you too long to figure out :).

Last edited:
How in the world did this become a lib v con thread?

If you're not into politics, that's fine. But this whole thing is inherently political.

Why did the DMR dredge up tweets that a 16 year old made in 2011??

Because they were illegal? Nope.

Because they were politically incorrect? Yep.

And it's left vs right, because liberals tend to think this political correctness is a good thing, and conservatives do not.

So to act like it's preposterous for this to be a political, or a left vs right thing, is, well... preposterous.

It's actually one of the best real-life examples of the political divide, that I can think of.

If conservatives had their way, this whole thing never happens. That's politics bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that petition gets up to a million, the dm reg might actually have to do it.

I would like to know a little bit more if that would be okay. I kind of like to make my own decisions.

I don’t think that’s true. Bottom line is not the fact that they did a background check, it’s that they went with this story at all. This can only be explained by the fact that people that haven’t had a significant impact societally are jealous of those that have. Especially if the judge in this case feels that the good that was done and the credit for it, wasn’t sufficiently earned over a lifetime if being on the ‘right’ side. As such, they feel the need to point out a potential character flaw to tear down the newly famous individual as a means of showing that they haven’t earned it.

But I said that much more succinctly prior above.

Maybe leave out the liberalism part and change it to journalist for those wanting to leave politics out of it. Ignoring the fact the two are synonymous in reality.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT