ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN STORY: Please sign Petition Demanding Register Issue a Front Page apology to Carson King

I cannot for the life of me see why any card carrying Hawk fan would pay money for the DMRag & fish wrap?

The sports page, especially randy peterson, is isu's primary promo voice. Just watch how many BS unimportant articles about Lames gets front page above the fold over any other sports teams current accomplishments, real sports news..

Speaking for myself, I cancelled my subscription years ago. And no, I don't $2.50 for daily, what a waste.

I notice it's only liberals saying "don't make this political!"

That's because they know, it is leftist insanity which clouded the DMR Editor's judgement.

When really, it was an easy call: these 8 year old tweets were irrelevant to the story.

And so... as leftists do... they turn what should have been nothing, into a shit-storm.

That's because they know, it is leftist insanity which clouded the DMR Editor's judgement.

When really, it was an easy call: these 8 year old tweets were irrelevant to the story.

And so... as leftists do... they turn what should have been nothing, into a shit-storm.

Hank, your music sucks and you only got famous because of your dad. Go away.

I agree that we can use this to teach our kids about not doing stupid things. but......KIDS TO STUPID THINGS. God forbid we get to the point where we start looking into everybody's childhood and holding their dumb decisions against them. This guy didn't even do anything that would make it relevant to look into past statements he's made. The reporter must have had an issue with the fact that people were saying positive things about him. One of those, "everyone thinks this guy is so perfect. I'll show them!". I really think it would be hilarious if someone did some digging into the reporters background. See what dirt they could pull up. See how they like it. It's a bunch of B.S. and the reporter deserves every bit of bad karma that flows their way. It's been well earned with this one.

tenor.gif

Oh, you didn't hear? Look through the main thread on this topic...you'll absolutely enjoy it.

Reactions: TC_Hawk
OK, as it relates to Iowa only, I see your point. But...keep in mind that at this point, it looks as though he will survive this. As did the Governor in Virginia on something similar.

Why does one get dropped and others remain in their positions?
Trudeau is a POS. I have a neighbor who was friends with him in college and he told me he raped his girlfriend’s best friend. When he confronted Trudeau, Trudeau told him ‘what are you going to do? Who is going to believe you over me.”

Reactions: ctghawk
Oh cool. The people yelling about leftists ruining the world have now migrated from Facebook to Rivals. Get this shit out of here.

It is absolutely leftist thinking, which caused DMR Editors to make the ridiculous decision to inject irrelevant 8 year old tweets into this story.

I'm sorry you can't come to grips with that.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
Trudeau is a POS. I have a neighbor who was friends with him in college and he told me he raped his girlfriend’s best friend. When he confronted Trudeau, Trudeau told him ‘what are you going to do? Who is going to believe you over me.”

I did not know that, so he is even a bigger jerk than what I would have guessed. Yet, he is the PM and often in receipt of praise and admiration. I can't help but wonder if he had conservative political leanings if all of that would be overlooked the same way that it seems as it is now. Hmmm...

Reactions: cougarhawk1

You don't know shit about anything you wrote above, but go on continue making a political, hypocritical fool of yourself here.

It's a free country after all.

I agree that we can use this to teach our kids about not doing stupid things. but......KIDS DO STUPID THINGS. God forbid we get to the point where we start looking into everybody's childhood and holding their dumb decisions against them. This guy didn't even do anything that would make it relevant to look into past statements he's made. The reporter must have had an issue with the fact that people were saying positive things about him. One of those, "everyone thinks this guy is so perfect. I'll show them!". I really think it would be hilarious if someone did some digging into the reporters background. See what dirt they could pull up. See how they like it. It's a bunch of B.S. and the reporter deserves every bit of bad karma that flows their way. It's been well earned with this one.

tenor.gif
Already been done. The reporter has more offensive tweets than Carson King. He has deleted them and locked his account, but not before people took screenshots and contact DMR about their hypocrisy of doing general background checks.

I can understand doing a basic background to make sure the guy is legit, not a criminal or something. It doesn't compute to me why they felt this had to be included in the story. I would love to have been in the editor's room for the discussion on this.
Controversy sells papers, and there’s no such thing as bad publicity. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Controversy sells papers, and there’s no such thing as bad publicity. They knew exactly what they were doing.
I believe that isn’t going to be the case here. They might be getting flooded with hits instantly, but they’re going to lose money short-term and long-term.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I believe that isn’t going to be the case here. They might be getting flooded with hits instantly, but they’re going to lose money short-term and long-term.

Agreed, the DMR is taking a major beating today. Off of the top of my head, this rivals the beatdown Gillette took with their toxic masculinity commercial.

People are SICK of the overdone political correctness crap from the often hypocritical media.

I may well get ripped for this, but IDGAF. Both Carson AND the DSM Register are in the wrong here. I don't care what age you were, you hopefully grow up and clean up your social media as you get older. I use stories like this to teach my kids all the time about the type of online reputation they want to leave. And racist jokes aren't funny. They are stupid, and tosh.0 was a stupid show. I'm glad its off the air so these little wannabes aren't hearing and regurgitating that idiot's shtick. Society has norms when it comes to racism. Sorry it bit a good kid in the butt later in his life, but if it wasn't the Register, it might have been an employer.

This is simply an unrealistic view. Our society has decided that a 16 year old isn’t mature enough, wise enough or understands the consequences from their decisions to vote, drink, smoke or fight in a war. But you want to hold him to the same standards as an adult?

This is simply an unrealistic view. Our society has decided that a 16 year old isn’t mature enough, wise enough or understands the consequences from their decisions to vote, drink, smoke or fight in a war. But you want to hold him to the same standards as an adult?

Not what I said. I said his 24 year old self needed to be aware of the implications of social media, and go back and delete the old stuff. It's a painful lesson, and a bit unfair, but life isn't fair.

I suspect that either Torbee is smart enough not to weigh in publicly or there was a memo from HQ advising staff not to say anything, lest there be repercussions...or maybe both.

I am sure it is a pretty tense environment at the DMR today.
Too bad- that could be an interesting convo........

Dude, quit while you're ahead. People make stupid decisions all the time regardless of their political stance. Seems like this writer did just that. Take politics out of it. You're sounding like some Facebook Baby Boomer.

It's inherently political.

But you're right, it's not worth the squabble.

I am from out of state and ask what level of outrage the dmr has exhibited with regard to Trudeau blackface? I think much of the disgust is the apparent selective targeting indicative of blatant virtue signaling and political expediency day after day it the media.

@Menace Sockeyes is our resident moron, please ignore him. He does not speak for us.

@Menace Sockeyes is our resident moron, please ignore him. He does not speak for us.
H

HA! Says the guy who got chased of HROT for casual racism. Sorry that we called you out for your idiocy. To refresh your memory, here's what they think of you:

they are (his posts) a wee bit more sensible and interesting than the blather you spew, PF. Use whatever words you must to appeal to your narcissistic intelligence, I see right thru you. Infantile. Bombastic, schtick! -@joelbc1

Wow, a whole lot of justifying and projecting going on. Don’t look to me for absolution.Dear lord in heaven, give your child some brains.@naturalmwa

Take 2 aspirin and get some rest. @ft254

The fact that You believe this tells me you have the IQ of room temperature. @badasseddog

^ Spoiler ALERT: They're all right.

Not what I said. I said his 24 year old self needed to be aware of the implications of social media, and go back and delete the old stuff. It's a painful lesson, and a bit unfair, but life isn't fair.

I think you’re giving way too much credit to most people who don’t need understand the gravity of their social media posts. And honestly, I barely remember what I said or posted 8 years ago. Twitter is an entirely different animal with thousands or even tens of thousands of tweets to potentially go through. I just don’t think that’s realistic.

H

HA! Says the guy who got chased of HROT for casual racism. Sorry that we called you out for your idiocy. To refresh your memory, here's what they think of you:

they are (his posts) a wee bit more sensible and interesting than the blather you spew, PF. Use whatever words you must to appeal to your narcissistic intelligence, I see right thru you. Infantile. Bombastic, schtick! -@joelbc1

Wow, a whole lot of justifying and projecting going on. Don’t look to me for absolution.Dear lord in heaven, give your child some brains.@naturalmwa

Take 2 aspirin and get some rest. @ft254

The fact that You believe this tells me you have the IQ of room temperature. @badasseddog

^ Spoiler ALERT: They're all right.

I've never been chased anywhere and I've never said anything racist on HROT or anywhere else. It's nice that you learned how to Copy and Paste your liberal friends comments because you are incapable of coming up with your own. Good for you.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Read what? The newspaper is thin, bias, uninformative. Their website charges a monthly fee for info that could be obtained free anywhere. Highly doubt they will gain any new subscribers after this train wreck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT