ADVERTISEMENT

Evansville 67 (1) Kentucky 64 - Final

Not a deflection of the horrid state of Iowa's program. That is definitely not Doodle's style, and Fran has neither earned nor owed such consideration. It's a genuine question.

In the eyes of the basketball world, which is worse...a middling Iowa program getting pit bull mauled at home by a middling program from another major conference, or the newly crowned #1 team (who also happens to be one CBB's "Mount Rushmore" programs) and its roster full of future NBA players losing at home to a Valley team...even if only by 3 points?

Doodle would argue the one that is hardest to believe and/or easily write off is the latter...but as someone else said, we'd probably all still gladly trade places with UK in the grand scheme of things.

The Missouri Valley Conference has 10 teams in it.
Evansville was picked to finish in 7th place this season
in Athlon Sports College Basketball magazine.

Reactions: Bisco Hawk
I watched those top 4 teams play last tuesday and didnt think any of them looked like top 4 teams. I think college basketball is wide open this year

You all realize Todd lickliter is an assistant coach at Evansville right? So we are all bickering about his replacement having a terrible team while the team he's on just beat Kentucky! This couldn't be any funnier! Todd Lickliter https://g.co/kgs/1qBk2L
1qBk2L

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I'd say this is what happens in sports. We all get so mad when our team is supposed to win on paper and go crazy when we are supposed to lose on paper. Or we say that we would beat a team 9 out of 10 times.

It's 1 game for 40 minutes. Anything can happen.

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life32
If Kentucky fans were like ours in here the season would be over, coach fired, and we could talk about next season because this one is a lost cause based on one game.

Reactions: Underscore2
If Kentucky fans were like ours in here the season would be over, coach fired, and we could talk about next season because this one is a lost cause based on one game.
Lol I agree that there is drastic overreaction here based on one game, but...Kentucky fans have watched their team make the Sweet 16 3 out of every 5 years for the last 20 years, as well as seen the Wildcats win at least one national championship and make another. Beyond that, they have the satisfaction of being an NBA factory, bringing in top talent left and right and seeing said talent go on to be all stars in the Association.

Iowa fans haven’t seen their team make a Sweet 16 in over 20 years, and any deeper into the tournament than that, over 30. Iowa fans are increasingly desperate for success, and deservingly so.

The two situations aren’t even comparable. As soon as (if) Iowa wins a championship in football or basketball in my lifetime, I’ll care less too

Lol I agree that there is drastic overreaction here based on one game, but...Kentucky fans have watched their team make the Sweet 16 3 out of every 5 years for the last 20 years, as well as seen the Wildcats win at least one national championship and make another. Beyond that, they have the satisfaction of being an NBA factory, bringing in top talent left and right and seeing said talent go on to be all stars in the Association.

Kentucky fans have also, in recent memory, had the joyful experience of watching their team choke on a first game NIT tournament loss one year after winning the dance...

Fire Calipari.

Pull any starters who had a bad game, in favor of players who happened to have a better than average game.

Ignore that some “experts” were way off about Evansville, and continue regard their opinion as accurate.

Kentucky fans have also, in recent memory, had the joyful experience of watching their team choke on a first game NIT tournament loss one year after winning the dance...
That would be a little easier to stomach understanding that you’re more susceptible to down seasons when your roster cycles in and out as much as theirs does. Being fresh off of a championship would help too

You all realize Todd lickliter is an assistant coach at Evansville right? So we are all bickering about his replacement having a terrible team while the team he's on just beat Kentucky! This couldn't be any funnier! Todd Lickliter https://g.co/kgs/1qBk2L
1qBk2L
And they finished 11-21 last year with him as an assistant, what's your point?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT