ADVERTISEMENT

Ex-Capitol Police Officer Promises to Release Info on Jan. 6 'Cover-Up'

Sharky1203

HR All-American
Silver Member
Sep 14, 2023
Former U.S. Capitol Police Lieutenant Tarik Johnson has revealed his plans to release information about a January 6 "cover-up."

On January 6, 2021, Donald Trump's supporters stormed the Capitol in Washington, D.C., while Congress was attempting to certify the 2020 election results after the former president baselessly claimed the election was stolen from him in favor of President Joe Biden, via widespread voter fraud.

More than 1,200 people have been charged in the deadly siege, according to the latest data from the Department of Justice (DOJ), including more than 400 accused of assaulting or impeding law enforcement, which is a felony.

Johnson claimed, without providing evidence, that the events of January 6 were a "set-up," which was then concealed to the public.

He wrote in a post on X, formerly Twitter, on Thursday, "I spoke to my lawyer and I told him what my plans are as it relates to releasing information on X about the J6 set-up and the cover-up that ensued after."

After consulting with his lawyer, Johnson said that he was given the green light to release the information relating to the Capitol attack. He said he hopes to release the information by next week.

"Please know that I am fighting for EVERYONE that was aggrieved from the events of J6 and UNITY in our country," Johnson posted. "I am a LION and I will protect my cubs. In this case they are EVERYONE in the J6 community as you were set-up and that should not have happened to you even if you did wrong things that day.

"The police from all 17 agencies that responded to the Capitol to defend it as we should have been more prepared that day. All the people that died on J6 or as a result from that day. All whistleblowers from every agency that put their careers in jeopardy and or lost them because they wanted the truth out and saw what was happening to US citizens because of J6," Johnson continued.

When asked about Johnson's allegations, U.S. Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn, who does not speak on behalf of Capitol Police,
"If he had something, then go ahead and show it. I've been all for the truth coming out and if he got something that will show the truth, then show it."

Dunn has been vocal regarding his experience during the Capitol riot, writing a New York Times bestseller titled, Standing My Ground.

Johnson was not the only ex-Capitol Police officer to claim that there was a "cover-up" following January 6. Former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund revealed in a leaked un-aired interview with former Fox News host Tucker Carlson that he believed officials were aware of the Capitol riot before it happened and covered it up by failing to disseminate the information to those who needed it.

"If I was allowed to do my job as a chief, we wouldn't be here," Sund said in the interview with Carlson. "This didn't have to happen. Everything appears to be a cover-up."

Former U.S. Capitol Police Lieutenant Tarik Johnson has revealed his plans to release information about a January 6 "cover-up."

On January 6, 2021, Donald Trump's supporters stormed the Capitol in Washington, D.C., while Congress was attempting to certify the 2020 election results after the former president baselessly claimed the election was stolen from him in favor of President Joe Biden, via widespread voter fraud.

More than 1,200 people have been charged in the deadly siege, according to the latest data from the Department of Justice (DOJ), including more than 400 accused of assaulting or impeding law enforcement, which is a felony.

Johnson claimed, without providing evidence, that the events of January 6 were a "set-up," which was then concealed to the public.

He wrote in a post on X, formerly Twitter, on Thursday, "I spoke to my lawyer and I told him what my plans are as it relates to releasing information on X about the J6 set-up and the cover-up that ensued after."

After consulting with his lawyer, Johnson said that he was given the green light to release the information relating to the Capitol attack. He said he hopes to release the information by next week.

"Please know that I am fighting for EVERYONE that was aggrieved from the events of J6 and UNITY in our country," Johnson posted. "I am a LION and I will protect my cubs. In this case they are EVERYONE in the J6 community as you were set-up and that should not have happened to you even if you did wrong things that day.

"The police from all 17 agencies that responded to the Capitol to defend it as we should have been more prepared that day. All the people that died on J6 or as a result from that day. All whistleblowers from every agency that put their careers in jeopardy and or lost them because they wanted the truth out and saw what was happening to US citizens because of J6," Johnson continued.

When asked about Johnson's allegations, U.S. Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn, who does not speak on behalf of Capitol Police,
"If he had something, then go ahead and show it. I've been all for the truth coming out and if he got something that will show the truth, then show it."

Dunn has been vocal regarding his experience during the Capitol riot, writing a New York Times bestseller titled, Standing My Ground.

Johnson was not the only ex-Capitol Police officer to claim that there was a "cover-up" following January 6. Former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund revealed in a leaked un-aired interview with former Fox News host Tucker Carlson that he believed officials were aware of the Capitol riot before it happened and covered it up by failing to disseminate the information to those who needed it.

"If I was allowed to do my job as a chief, we wouldn't be here," Sund said in the interview with Carlson. "This didn't have to happen. Everything appears to be a cover-up."
stephen colbert lol GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I love how the right wing always promises evidence at some future date...

Just like their healthcare bills.

Still waiting

Can’t just release it now; have to get your appearances in on right wing hate for profit stations, grift of those for a while, then dump the “new evidence” in the Friday news cycle.

Reactions: NDallasRuss

These things are tiresome. I'm with Harry Dunn. ^

Not like there wasn't an entire "Committee" set up to take in information from 1/6 that ran for ~2 years.

Why didn't he provide his info to the Republicans on that Commitee?
A: He Doesn't Have Anything

Even if he has something… Wouldn’t this be an indictment of Trump? And more evidence that the authorities were not allowed to stop the violence?

Even if he has something… Wouldn’t this be an indictment of Trump? And more evidence that the authorities were not allowed to stop the violence?

We are >1000 convictions/guilty-pleas and hundreds of other indictments in.

There is no "evidence" here.

"I am a LION and I will protect my cubs."

I just threw up in my mouth a little. What a maroon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT