ADVERTISEMENT

Text Messages Show CIA Deployed Personnel Domestically to D.C. on Jan. 6

Sharky1203

HR All-American
Silver Member
Sep 14, 2023
Text messages obtained via FOIA request by Judicial Watch revealed the CIA deployed personnel to assist at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, despite its prohibition on domestic spying.

The texts under a “January 7 Intel Chain” heading mentioned two CIA bomb technicians assisting with pipe bombs found near the RNC and DNC headquarters, as well as several CIA dog teams standing by.

“The CIA collects information only regarding foreign countries and their citizens. Unlike the FBI, it is prohibited from collecting information regarding ‘U.S. Persons,’ a term that includes U.S. citizens, resident aliens, legal immigrants, and U.S. corporations, regardless of where they are located,” the FBI’s website states.

As the CIA is only meant to collect foreign intelligence and not spy on US citizens, Judicial Watch questioned why a national intelligence agency was operating domestically with law enforcement at the Capitol that day.

“These striking records show that CIA resources were deployed in reaction to the January 6 disturbance,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said.

It is the first public documentation of the CIA’s involvement in responding to the January 6th events.

Judicial Watch argues this raises concerns about overreach of authority by intelligence agencies.

“We have the same questions you do. What is a national intelligence collection agency whose mission is overseas doing operating domestically with law enforcement at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th?” Judicial Watch’s Director of Research and Investigations, Chris Farrell asked.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...S&cvid=0d687d436c254da1ad3abc379d5fcc11&ei=39

Reactions: Scruddy
I’m struggling to remember who the president was on January 6, 2021.

A little help here?
“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.
“So even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this.”

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.
“So even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this.”

I have no idea what this means

If deployjng CIA assets domestically is a bad thing, it happened on Trump’s watch.

Just a not so veiled threat from a sitting Senator warning the incoming President about where the real power lies.
Nothing to concern yourself with, Citizen.
Move along.

Still not sure why I should be concerned. I trust the CIA a hell of a lot more than I trust the Trump regime.

sure-jennifer-lawrence.gif

Text messages obtained via FOIA request by Judicial Watch revealed the CIA deployed personnel to assist at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, despite its prohibition on domestic spying.

The texts under a “January 7 Intel Chain” heading mentioned two CIA bomb technicians assisting with pipe bombs found near the RNC and DNC headquarters, as well as several CIA dog teams standing by.

“The CIA collects information only regarding foreign countries and their citizens. Unlike the FBI, it is prohibited from collecting information regarding ‘U.S. Persons,’ a term that includes U.S. citizens, resident aliens, legal immigrants, and U.S. corporations, regardless of where they are located,” the FBI’s website states.

As the CIA is only meant to collect foreign intelligence and not spy on US citizens, Judicial Watch questioned why a national intelligence agency was operating domestically with law enforcement at the Capitol that day.

“These striking records show that CIA resources were deployed in reaction to the January 6 disturbance,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said.

It is the first public documentation of the CIA’s involvement in responding to the January 6th events.

Judicial Watch argues this raises concerns about overreach of authority by intelligence agencies.

“We have the same questions you do. What is a national intelligence collection agency whose mission is overseas doing operating domestically with law enforcement at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th?” Judicial Watch’s Director of Research and Investigations, Chris Farrell asked.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...S&cvid=0d687d436c254da1ad3abc379d5fcc11&ei=39
I'm sorry, are you literally saying you have a problem with the CIA sending bomb squads and bomb sniffing dogs to the US capitol when it was being overrun by domestic terrorists? This is the line you draw? You have no problem with the people actually trying to overthrow the government and the cult leader that whipped them into a frenzy, but you have problems with highly trained professionals trying to protect lives.

Dude. You. Are. In. A. Cult.

I'm sorry, are you literally saying you have a problem with the CIA sending bomb squads and bomb sniffing dogs to the US capitol when it was being overrun by domestic terrorists? This is the line you draw? You have no problem with the people actually trying to overthrow the government and the cult leader that whipped them into a frenzy, but you have problems with highly trained professionals trying to protect lives.

Dude. You. Are. In. A. Cult.
I didn't say anything. I posted a news article. It's your job to decide if it's real or BS.

If your posting history showed you to be anything other than spoon fed by Fox News, I'd believe you. But...
a25c07c8-dc94-4725-b569-896fb1e1471f_text.gif
Haven't watched Fox news in years, but great job of projecting. 8/10 on that.

Just a not so veiled threat from a sitting Senator warning the incoming President about where the real power lies.
Nothing to concern yourself with, Citizen.
Move along.

Sounds more like professional curiosity than a threat to me, but you're the expert on veils.

I didn't say anything. I posted a news article. It's your job to decide if it's real or BS.
Why post it unless you feel a certain way? Not only that if you feel like having all hands on deck and the CIA bomb experts respond to a bomb is a bad thing explain why? If you think it’s bad you know that guy you love to hate wasn’t in office yet, right? Clarify your position vs these stupid drive by posts.

Sounds more like professional curiosity than a threat to me, but you're the expert in veils.
Professional courtesy regarding what exactly?

Maybe a dictionary can help you understand the meanings of words and phrases that have eluded you thus far:

Definitions from Oxford
get back at
phrasal verb of get
  1. take revenge on someone.

Nothing threatening about "revenge", right?
Play dumb harder. You wear it well.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Why post it unless you feel a certain way? Not only that if you feel like having all hands on deck and the CIA bomb experts respond to a bomb is a bad thing explain why? If you think it’s bad you know that guy you love to hate wasn’t in office yet, right? Clarify your position vs these stupid drive by posts.
Why do so many of you get so worked up over it? That's the real question.

Professional courtesy regarding what exactly?

Maybe a dictionary can help you understand the meanings of words and phrases that have eluded you thus far:

Definitions from Oxford
get back at
phrasal verb of get
  1. take revenge on someone.

Nothing threatening about "revenge", right?
Play dumb harder. You wear it well.

Like "F@cking with the intelligence agency is serious sh!t, take it from me I've been in DC for quite some time".

Do you like being a d!ck for no reason?

Like "F@cking with the intelligence agency is serious sh!t, take it from me I've been in DC for quite some time".

And that's the exact reason they didn't want the CIA involved with spying on anything in the US.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk

Hell yeah the CIA showed up. It was an all hands on deck type of day. All the nutbags were busting out windows and beating cops.

Reactions: Torg

Only to people who act stupid for no reason. You know, the kind of people who pretend not to understand it is a threat to democracy when a Senator tells the incoming President that the CIA will "get back at you."

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Okay, that entire OP is written by someone who, oh I dunno, hasn't a fracking clue what they are even discussing. Deploying CIA bomb technicians has absolutely NOTHING to do with collecting information on U.S. citizens. Nada. Zilch.

Furthermore, the CIA, FBI, NSA, etc. cannot just "collect" information on U.S. citizens either. What is even the point of that nonsense. After 9/11 government agency stove-pipes were broken down and the DNI was established.

I'm thinking the failure of the Capitol Police that day likely resulted in as many available resources as possible to be leveraged.

Only to people who act stupid for no reason. You know, the kind of people who pretend not to understand it is a threat to democracy when a Senator tells the incoming President that the CIA will "get back at you."

I don't think I like you or your assumptions.

I am a little entertained that your knowledge base now extends beyond knowing all the it's and outs of global politics to now include what's happening inside my head. So, thanks for that.

Keep up the good fight brave warrior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT