ADVERTISEMENT

Fact checking only one candidate is not healthy for America

Hawkeye Swarm

HB MVP
Nov 14, 2004
From Charlottesville to "bloodbath", the moderators failed to act.

ABC Presidential Debate: Moderators David Muir and Linsey Davis fact-check Trump 5 times, 0 for Harris

What 5 areas did the mods “fact check” Trump? I didn’t watch but I heard they called him on Ohioans having their cats eaten by Haitians…I heard there were two other things they called him in..but as I said, I didn’t watch.

ABC Presidential Debate: Moderators David Muir and Linsey Davis fact-check Trump 5 times, 0 for Harris

So… the mods missed 1 untruth by Harris, and 28 by Trump?

Agreed… poor job giving Trump a huge advantage.

they pushed back on him like 3 times, which were blatant lies. They could have pushed back WAY more.

Trump is not a victim here.

Yes, the moderators were clearly all in on Kamala but this was a known thing before the debate started. Trump should have performed better despite this. Her record is so bad and easy to call out that trump shouldn't need the moderators to call out Harris repeated lies, though it would have been nice to see.

Bernie Sanders Dnc Debates 2019 GIF by GIPHY News

What 5 areas did the mods “fact check” Trump? I didn’t watch but I heard they called him on Ohioans having their cats eaten by Haitians…I heard there were two other things they called him in..but as I said, I didn’t watch.
After birth abortion is the only other one I remember them fact checking him on.

You can claim they fact checked him more times that Kamala, but by most standards he lied over 30 times, and she did in the low single digits. There were so many more opportunities to fact check him, especially when he claimed your pets are going to be abducted and killed by immigrants. Come on man.

Pretty proportionate to the number of lies spoken by each one, Northern.

They are both what they are,.. the choice comes down policies.

Hardly. One is a felon, who has few policies created or expressed. One is "close to creating one" policy that he has been bitching about for 10 years. One has no grasp on reality and constantly lies and tries to fear monger instead of outlining what could be. One has no moral compass and has repeatedly broken the law to enrich himself. One is laughed at behind his back and increasingly to his face.

The other is a black lady who has laid out a number of policies and wants the US to be a place where everyone has a shot.

Maybe he should articulate himself in such a way that people don’t take him at his word? MAGA are the only ones able to magically interpret what he “really meant”.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

I will say that she really didn’t say much and stuck to the plan which was to say generalities and poke the bear and go at Trumps ego. It worked, the boomer couldnt stop talking about fake social media posts and himself.

Reactions: bunsen82

They also let him speak around 15 more times than she was allowed to. He spoke for more minutes than she did.

Yes, the moderators were clearly all in on Kamala but this was a known thing before the debate started. Trump should have performed better despite this. Her record is so bad and easy to call out that trump shouldn't need the moderators to call out Harris repeated lies, though it would have been nice to see.
Always the victim and full of excuses. Straight out of the MAGA playbook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT