ADVERTISEMENT

Famous Places In Your State That You Have NEVER Been To

hexumhawk

HB Legend
Sep 24, 2003
North Liberty
I was watching some baseball last night and realized something. I have lived in Iowa for about 42 of my 47 years on earth; 23 of those in eastern Iowa. I have never been to The Field of Dreams in Dyersville.

I know a state like Iowa probably has a hard time coming up with an abundance of "well known" places but I was kind of disappointed in myself.

Anyone else have a similar story?

IABRAfrypan_zoeroberts2.jpg

I’ve never been to the famous armpit of Florida, also known as Jacksonville😎

What is famous about Naples that would make you want to visit? It’s an old white rich people beach town. It’s basically Venice, but slightly younger lol.

I would like to visit because it's an old white rich people beach town.

Hell, the Uber trip from the nearest airport is gonna cost more than $100 each way.

No poors. No youngsters with their horrible rap music. Sounds wonderful.

I would like to visit because it's an old white rich people beach town.

No poors. No youngsters with their horrible rap music. Sounds wonderful.
Well, I have bad news for ya. It’s like any other town, and it has all that crap too lol.

Reactions: torbee
Titusville Penna. where Col. Drake drilled the first oil well and its still producing at a very small amount when its running. I Iive about 10 miles away. Just no interest.

I have never been to Sutliff. People rave and rave about it, but it's never been worth my time to pull off Hwy 1 and go see an old bridge and the Cedar River.
I've never been to the Field of Dreams, either.

I have never been to Sutliff. People rave and rave about it, but it's never been worth my time to pull off Hwy 1 and go see an old bridge and the Cedar River.
Missing out, good food, cold beer

Fort Lauderdale. Wish I had gone back in my college days when it was the top spring break destination in America.

Me either, Sutliff or the Field of Dreams.

I've never been to the Loess Hills which is perhaps only an attraction for geology nerds and I've also never been to the Villisca Axe Murders house or Spook Cave. :D

• Sad
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP

I've never been to the Loess Hills which is perhaps only an attraction for geology nerds and I've also never been to the Villisca Axe Murders house or Spook Cave. :D
Been to all the Iowa places previously mention until yours. Never heard of loess hills. Also have not been to axe murder house or spook cave even though I have driven past the turn off for it plenty of times.

FYI Sutliff is pretty lame. Find and old bridge and a bar and you’ve seen it

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
You really aren't missing too much. The bridge is nice and all and the restaurant there is just ok. A lot of bikers make it part of their day trips it seems.

Been to all the Iowa places previously mention until yours. Never heard of loess hills. Also have not been to axe murder house or spook cave even though I have driven past the turn off for it plenty of times.

FYI Sutliff is pretty lame. Find and old bridge and a bar and you’ve seen it

Loess hills is a phenomenon only found here by Council Bluffs and in an area of China.

I grew up in a town close to the axe murder house. When you drive by it will look like any other place except they have now put a sign up that didn't exist a while ago. If that story intrigues you, you should read The Man From the Train. One of the better crime books I have read. Talks about how "unconnected" law enforcement agencies were at that time and how similar events happened at other places.

81Ch0XJl85L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Loess hills is a phenomenon only found here by Council Bluffs and in an area of China.

I grew up in a town close to the axe murder house. When you drive by it will look like any other place except they have now put a sign up that didn't exist a while ago. If that story intrigues you, you should read The Man From the Train. One of the better crime books I have read. Talks about how "unconnected" law enforcement agencies were at that time and how similar events happened at other places.

81Ch0XJl85L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
You think it was the dude on the train? Wasn't the brother the other suspect?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT