ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo rosters

I’m surprised Angelo Ferrari doesn’t compete at Fargo. Think he said he won’t compete until who’s number one?
It’s a marathon not a sprint these days. If an an athlete is confident they are top two at their weight, what is there to gain by going through ND during off season?

It’s a marathon not a sprint these days. If an an athlete is confident they are top two at their weight, what is there to gain by going through ND during off season?
He doesn’t have much to loose also since he’s already signed with us. I also see your point about not improving his ranking much if he wins it. In that case, I guess most top guys won’t participate anymore to protect their ranking , which waters down the field a little. Looks like Sealy isn’t going either, and that guy stays very active.

Reactions: el dub
Yea I think UWW is the main draw. I do think a top guy wrestling Fargo tells me that he loves the sport and wants the competition. As much as the Ferraris have been away from the mat, you'd think they'd be wanting to be at some of these tourneys.

Reactions: sabula and el dub
Yea I think UWW is the main draw. I do think a top guy wrestling Fargo tells me that he loves the sport and wants the competition. As much as the Ferraris have been away from the mat, you'd think they'd be wanting to be at some of these tourneys.
Maybe. Or maybe the goal is to not get burned out at an early age by competing in wrestling year around. Especially with little to prove.

Fargo seems to be a place where kids go to put themselves on the map and get recruiters to look at them. Maybe an under the radar state champ enters and wins and all of a sudden he’s getting calls from some D-1 schools. Like many have said, if a top ranked kid enters it and loses, it hurts him more than it helps him if he wins it.

Fargo seems to be a place where kids go to put themselves on the map and get recruiters to look at them. Maybe an under the radar state champ enters and wins and all of a sudden he’s getting calls from some D-1 schools. Like many have said, if a top ranked kid enters it and loses, it hurts him more than it helps him if he wins it.
It may hurt his ranking, but it will help him as a wrestler. That is a big problem these days. Kids do not want to take chance on losing because they want to be ranked high. If they take a loss, it would provide them with information to help them improve but they would rather have the ranking.
We are seeing this over and over again at the D1 level during the season with guys sitting out meets and tourneys to protect their seed for the NCAA tourney.

It may hurt his ranking, but it will help him as a wrestler. That is a big problem these days. Kids do not want to take chance on losing because they want to be ranked high. If they take a loss, it would provide them with information to help them improve but they would rather have the ranking.
We are seeing this over and over again at the D1 level during the season with guys sitting out meets and tourneys to protect their seed for the NCAA tourney.
Most future D-1 kids start out real early doing clubs in the off season and by the time they hit college they have an insane number of bouts under their belts. The amount of college freshmen that are ready to go and are competing at a high level is much higher now than in the past. I never heard anyone talking about burnout till the last few years. Angelo Ferrari for one isn’t losing out on any development by skipping Fargo this year IMHO.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
I’m going to Fargo for the first time this year. Any tips or tricks from people that have been there before? Good places to eat, good hotel locations, stuff like that?

I’m going to Fargo for the first time this year. Any tips or tricks from people that have been there before? Good places to eat, good hotel locations, stuff like that?
If you have other family members with you other than your wrestler , The Red River Zoo is a good break. No, it's not Henry Doorly or Brookfield, just a good place to kill some time between bouts/days if you have other kids with you.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
I think it also comes down to whether or not you have familiarity with your main competition around your weight. If you haven't, I think you could gain a TON getting a look at these guys in Fargo. It most certainly would give you a springboard to work from once you hit the DI room.

On the flipside, if you already feel comfortable with the competition going into your first college season, I could see focusing on staying healthy and getting ready for the next big step...

Reactions: lookleft goright
If the Roger Maris Museum is still in the Great Plains Mall, I recommend that.

Fargo, North Dakota is a very nice community. You may be pleasantly surprised, and impressed. Family will have fun. See the link I've attached. Wrestling will be outstanding, it always is. Enjoy!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT