ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite 80's Television Series?

I've been a fan of Bob Newhart for as long as I can remember. And Larry, Darryl, and Darryl were pretty funny.
Watching Larry, Darryl and Darryl put their lips on and blow through used straws so the diner could use them again made me laugh until I hurt.

Reactions: Rudolph and TJ8869
I started watching in 8th grade in 1988 and used to talk about it with my buddies so it qualifies as 80’s for me.
I'm not saying it doesn't qualify. It does. I'm just saying that in my mind it was more of a 90s show.

Cheers
Alf
Night Court (loved the show, probably has the worse show ending in the history of tv...that's probably overly dramatic, but still)
Family Ties
A-Team
Threes Company
Dukes of Hazard

I was 8 in 85' so hopefully it puts my choices in reference. Ones that I liked

Cheers
Night Court
Growing Pains
Family Ties

Non-sitcom: Cops

Also- if we are getting technical, The Simpsons debuted in 1989 so I would add this to the list also.

Reactions: SpyderHawk
No T.J. Hooker love? Surprised Heather and Capt. Kirk teaming up wasn't popular. I don't remember the show. I do remember Heather in uniform with her feathered hair.

heather-locklear-720x720.jpg

257318__46765.1411183426.500.500.jpg

Reactions: lucas80
Most of my favorites have already been mentioned but there's a few I did watch and enjoy that I believe haven't been listed yet:

perfect-strangers-tv-programs-photo-u1

bosom-buddies-tv-programs-photo-u1

Bosom Buddies

Lots of great memories in this thread. In the early 80's I liked:

Greatest American Hero
Hulk
Automan
The Master
Manimal
Knight Rider
Airwolf
A-Team
The Facts of Life
Silver Spoon
Who's the Boss
Dukes of Hazzard

Those were some great shows with terrible acting

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Did anyone else here watch the original Star Search with Ed McMahon? The spokesmodel category usually made great fapping fuel and the comedy category was sometimes funny. Here’s Norm early in his career.

And here’s Norm years later mocking Star Search.

And here’s a random spokesmodel contestant.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I think all mentioned were my favorites at a time. I think there was lineup of Dance Fever, Fantasy Island, Love Boat and Dallas when I was really young that I enjoyed. Maybe I have that lineup wrong, I was like 8 y/o waiting for breakdancers on Dance Fever, and the stars making cameos on Love Boat and Fantasy Island were cool. Back when we gave a shit about Hollywood TV stars. These were not my favorite, I just wanted to make mention.

My taste when from the Greatest American Hero to Cheers in that decade. That was 8 to 18y/o.

I loved the variety shows from the early 80s such as Sha Na Na and the Barbara Mandrel and sisters show. Just fun entertainment.

I don't know for sure which was the best. Too many good shows over too many categories. But, I had a lengthy discussion with a co-worker yesterday over one of the greatest questions of the 80s. Wood more? Bailey, or Jennifer at WKRP?

Edit: During the 80s?

Muppet Babies and Ducktales.

I was born in 87.

Going back now and rewatching? M*A*S*H if it counts, A-Team, Fall Guy, MacGuyver, stuff like that.

And, of course, Cheers.

I don't know for sure which was the best. Too many good shows over too many categories. But, I had a lengthy discussion with a co-worker yesterday over one of the greatest questions of the 80s. Wood more? Bailey, or Jennifer at WKRP?
I’d pick Bailey. Jan Smithers was actually very attractive in real life and they gave her sort of a plain look for the show. Nothing seemed natural about Jennifer.

Jan-Smithers-hot-thighs.jpeg

Jan-Smithers-hot-pictures-2.jpeg

Jan-Smithers-44.jpeg

Edit: During the 80s?

Muppet Babies and Ducktales.

I was born in 87.

Going back now and rewatching? M*A*S*H if it counts, A-Team, Fall Guy, MacGuyver, stuff like that.

And, of course, Cheers.

Ducktales is awesome. The new Ducktales is awesomer.

Reactions: Cougar63
Neither of those even ring a bell for me. Not sure if The Jeffersons has been mentioned. Started in 70s but ran into mid-80s.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the show, but it may have the best theme song lyrics other than the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire.
  • Well we're movin' on up
    (Movin' on up)
    To the east side
    (Come on, movin' on up)
    To a deluxe apartment in the sky
    Movin' on up
    (Movin' on up)
    To the east side
    (Come on, movin' on up)
    We finally got a piece
    Of the pie

Fish don't fry in the kitchen
    Beans don't burn on the grill
    Took a whole lotta tryin'
    Just to get up that hill

Now we're up in the big leagues
    Gettin' our turn at bat
    As long as we live
    It's you and me, baby
    There ain't nothin' wrong with that

Well we're movin' on up
    (Movin' on up)
    To the east side
    (Come on, movin' on up)
    To a deluxe apartment in the sky
    Movin' on up
    (Movin' on up)
    To the east side
    (Come on, movin' on up)
    We finally got a piece
    Of the pie

I gotta admit, the 80's are a dead zone for me and TV. I watched practically nothing from the entire decade as far as series. I worked in restaurants the entire decade so about the only regular night time viewing I had was Hawk basketball, or whatever was on from say 11pm to 4am (MTV videos mostly, some Letterman too). Late night HBO too if a decent movie was on.

I remember every now and then watching Cheers because it was on Thursday's if my memory is good, and Thursday was a fairly consistent day off for me. I remember (vaguely) the Diane years much more than anything else.

There used to be a series on A&E called "Evening at the Improv" I remember watching a lot - got to see a lot of comedians at their very beginning of their careers.

Neither of those even ring a bell for me. Not sure if The Jeffersons has been mentioned. Started in 70s but ran into mid-80s.
I was going to mention The Jeffersons but thought it might be considered more of a 70s show. Your right it did run until the mid-80s. That counts. George is hilarious. Good call.

George-And-Weezy.jpg

I’d pick Bailey. Jan Smithers was actually very attractive in real life and they gave her sort of a plain look for the show. Nothing seemed natural about Jennifer.

Jan-Smithers-hot-thighs.jpeg

Jan-Smithers-hot-pictures-2.jpeg

Jan-Smithers-44.jpeg
Yep. Jennifer was clearly hotter, but Bailey seemed approachable. Teenage Lucas wood have both of them, hopefully with me under a pile of both of them, but I always figured I had a better shot at Bailey. Jennifer didn't seem approachable.

Yep. Jennifer was clearly hotter, but Bailey seemed approachable. Teenage Lucas wood have both of them, hopefully with me under a pile of both of them, but I always figured I had a better shot at Bailey. Jennifer didn't seem approachable.
I'm not even sure I agree that Jennifer is "clearly hotter". I've never been a big fan of the glamorous Barbie doll look. Loni Anderson just seemed too phony with the hair and makeup. She did have a body, though.

362QZGd0_t.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT