ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz Fatigue

A

anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba

The Ferentz regime has had a long run. There have been many great moments, but if the Cubs can fire the guy who broke the longest losing streak in American sports history, then maybe Iowa should be planning KF's retirement party for, say, Dec. 1. There probably won't be even a lowly bowl game to prepare for. And we can bid Brian a not-so-fond farewell at the same time, along with the rest of the offensive coaching staff.

I was there last night, and I have to say it was one of the least enjoyable games I've ever attended at Kinnick, and that covers quite a bit of ground. Although I will say that the Iowa offense often reminded me of the glory days of Frank Lauterbur and Bob Commings. (Look 'em up.)

Illinois scored 25 points on Michigan yesterday after Iowa scored 3 a week earlier. The Hawkeyes had first and goal at the four last night, lost 2 yards on a run up the middle, threw two incompletions, and then kicked a mighty fine field goal. That pretty much sums up the Hawkeye offense against any team with a pulse (ISU, Michigan, PSU). In those three games Iowa has scored 33 points. Meanwhile, Wisconsin beat a good MSU defense yesterday 38-0.

So anything can happen, of course, but from here I don't see Iowa beating Purdue next week. Great chance to lose @ Northwestern again. Can the Hawkeyes beat Minnesota? I wouldn't bet on it. How about taking on those Badgers in Madison? Looks like a forfeit would be the best strategy for that one--don't get embarrassed again and avoid injuries. And the trip to Nebraska?

I don't see any sure wins in there, and even Illinois could be a problem, so 7-5 looks like best case while it might take some luck to finish 6-6, and 5-7 is a real possibility.

So again, it's time to wave goodbye to the Ferentz clan and bring in a new voice, some new ideas, and somebody who believes that an entertaining and effective offense is an important part of football.

Hey it must be another 8 win season.

Time to whine about KF and yearn for Big 12 football

The Ferentz regime has had a long run. There have been many great moments, but if the Cubs can fire the guy who broke the longest losing streak in American sports history, then maybe Iowa should be planning KF's retirement party for, say, Dec. 1. There probably won't be even a lowly bowl game to prepare for. And we can bid Brian a not-so-fond farewell at the same time, along with the rest of the offensive coaching staff.

I was there last night, and I have to say it was one of the least enjoyable games I've ever attended at Kinnick, and that covers quite a bit of ground. Although I will say that the Iowa offense often reminded me of the glory days of Frank Lauterbur and Bob Commings. (Look 'em up.)

Illinois scored 25 points on Michigan yesterday after Iowa scored 3 a week earlier. The Hawkeyes had first and goal at the four last night, lost 2 yards on a run up the middle, threw two incompletions, and then kicked a mighty fine field goal. That pretty much sums up the Hawkeye offense against any team with a pulse (ISU, Michigan, PSU). In those three games Iowa has scored 33 points. Meanwhile, Wisconsin beat a good MSU defense yesterday 38-0.

So anything can happen, of course, but from here I don't see Iowa beating Purdue next week. Great chance to lose @ Northwestern again. Can the Hawkeyes beat Minnesota? I wouldn't bet on it. How about taking on those Badgers in Madison? Looks like a forfeit would be the best strategy for that one--don't get embarrassed again and avoid injuries. And the trip to Nebraska?

I don't see any sure wins in there, and even Illinois could be a problem, so 7-5 looks like best case while it might take some luck to finish 6-6, and 5-7 is a real possibility.

So again, it's time to wave goodbye to the Ferentz clan and bring in a new voice, some new ideas, and somebody who believes that an entertaining and effective offense is an important part of football.

Iowa will go to a bowl game this year but I agree with everything else.

The program is stale and the product on the field is boring. KF has a lot of strengths, but recruiting and offensive football aren't it.

At this point, I'm ready for a change.

------Illinois scored 25 points on Michigan yesterday after Iowa scored 3 a week earlier

Would be nice just for once if the press would at least attempt once in a while to mix these facts into there underhand softball tosses...the guy has not been pressed bu the media in 20 years. It is impossible for them to pull everyone's media access, if they all banded together and did their jobs. If this were a University that was actually serious about athletics, KF would be getting direct questions about the future of both OL and OC coordinators.

Im sick of garbage offenses in big games almost every year too but I think our D won't allow it to get as bad as you think. I do think we could finish anywhere from 9-3 to 6-6. Just never know with Kirk's crew.

Reactions: HatesPretenders
Ferentz is a stubborn man. Makes it rally hard to support him at times.

His reluctance to change QBs is maddening.

Better go to your “safe place”.

Reactions: Harbinger273
My “fatigue” started in 2010 (or 09?) when he refused to play for the BIG title with van den burg, and instead went for OT. We all know what happened, sigh.....
i was at that game too. Made the first time road trip to Columbus and couldn't believe the strategy. 3 runs off tackle with a minute-30 to go at our own 40. Pathetically insane coaching philosophy. Canceled 45 yard line season tickets the following year and haven't been to a game, in person, since.
Ferentz beat the enthusiasm out of me for Hawkeye football. Nice job Kirk.

Better go to your “safe place”.
And don't take anything sharp with you!

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT