ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari Brother Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever stopped to think that the hate and anger on this forum has gone over the top, even for a cesspool? Hell, you guys are even saying the same thing to vhsalum. "What happened to you vhs?" The amount of instantaneous venom coming from some on the board is unbelievable. But go ahead and blame the messenger(s).

Some on this forum have lost their moral compass in the pursuit of winning. You can win without the AJ types, and one can accept money from a donor and still call him out for what he posts online. He is no better than anyone else. When PSU took on Andrew Long, that was a mistake for all the reasons stated by many here. Why aren't I allowed to be honest in return about Tom, Bob, and AJ without the personal attacks? Everyone has opinions. That's all they are.
Holy Crap, no wonder why I had this douche canoe on ignore. Back to the abyss.

Does anyone have accurate (at least as accurate as possible) regarding status of the Ferrari brothers?
I would want no part if AJ. Seems like ok state got better as a team when he left. Maybe coach smith didn’t handle him right but seems like a cancer. Hope the AD holds her ground on him. The other brother should be judged on their own

Why don’t we get them all on the team and see how it works out, we literally have nothing to lose, especially with Taylor recruiting at OSU now. Maybe they all stay out of trouble and add a lot to the team. That is a distinct possibility. They want this to work pretty bad, so hopefully they have matured enough to avoid getting in their own way. If the big brothers were going to corrupt Angelo, it would have happened by now. Him being here may actually be a good influence on the older brothers. From a wrestling standpoint I totally disagree with you about Anthony being a 3-4th string for us. He was #14 pfp on flo his junior year, and missed senior year with injuries. He beat VV to win the Luther open in his first competition in 2 years being vary rusty and sucked down to 149. Same thing at the SS where he lost a close match to Rathjen I. The finals, when Rathjen looked as he did all year. These two guys also have years in a college room, and he has yet to get that experience . I think his ceiling his fairly high, especially at 157 were he’s not cutting so much.
I hope you are right, as I would love to be wrong on all 3. I fear however that their situation at Iowa isn’t going to end well.

I hope you are right, as I would love to be wrong on all 3. I fear however that their situation at Iowa isn’t going to end well.
I would hope there would be consequences for the staff if they insist on bringing in the criminals and they don’t pan out.

I think it’s me. Iowa fandom hates the truth even if given out of friendship. I’m not invested in Iowa, so I can see the pitfalls. Ferrari is a hard NO to the average person. You’ve lost your way if you support this ish.
That wasn’t the question you add nothing. Like I said you me or anyone else may not like them but there is a possibility you f them being here. So you ruined a thread with a legitimate question. Kindly go away

Reactions: T8KUDWN
I would hope there would be consequences for the staff if they insist on bringing in the criminals and they don’t pan out.
I’m conflicted with their situation. On one hand, they are difficult to root for from a personality perspective. I recognize that they are polarizing however and bring a lot of eyes to the sport and ultimately the program. While I was disgusted and embarrassed by the Soldier Salute fiasco, folks that I know who aren’t wrestling fans, but know that I am a big Iowa fan, saw the middle finger salute on social media. It was amazing how many non wrestling fans started asking me about the program and how they could watch Ferrari wrestle. So while I m not a fan personally of the antics, it could potentially lead to more exposure for the program.

Reactions: el dub
I’m conflicted with their situation. On one hand, they are difficult to root for from a personality perspective. I recognize that they are polarizing however and bring a lot of eyes to the sport and ultimately the program. While I was disgusted and embarrassed by the Soldier Salute fiasco, folks that I know who aren’t wrestling fans, but know that I am a big Iowa fan, saw the middle finger salute on social media. It was amazing how many non wrestling fans started asking me about the program and how they could watch Ferrari wrestle. So while I m not a fan personally of the antics, it could potentially lead to more exposure for the program.
More exposure is a double edged sword, imo. Many people like to tune into a train wreck, eh? That doesn’t mean that event is good for the train.

So, if they do work out what's your take? Do you ex ex'shave a backup post?

I don't think I'll ever be able to get over what happened at SS with AJ. The splits and flipping the crowd off is something I can't comprehend and I'm not on board with bringing him in.

That being said, thankfully I don't get paid the big bucks to make these stressful decisions!
That's called sports entertainment.

If Tom wants to stake his job on the Ferraris, that’s his decision to make. No one should act surprised if they burn the place to the ground though.

Metaphorically, as well as literally.
If they do burn it to the ground, hopefully when they rebuild the wrestling room it will have windows or this place will become even more of a cesspool

Seems as though elite recruits are not attracted to a Ferrari team. The middle one isn't good enough to make the line up on his best day. I predict he's going to be a problem. Obviously, the oldest and youngest are very good wrestlers. While I wasn't on board with bringing them in, now I feel like we're halfway through a tunnel of shit. Might as well keep going. We need to 2/3 of them to be 20+ point scorers.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
One interesting thing I have noticed: When we were kicking the tires on PD3 we heard, "You need to trust Tom!" and, "If anyone can help him, it's Brands!"

Seems as though that narrative is over. The new narrative is, "Fvck it. Might as well try."

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Your first mistake is agreeing with a troll psu fan that wants our coach fired. Who The F cares what they want!
Lets not forget these young men make mistakes and they will earn their way on the team.
As far as any psu fan, your imput here means nothing and always will. As wrestling fans most of you are subpar and prove it constantly. Lets Go HAWKS
BS. AJ has no business even being considered. His display at the Soldier salute sealed that.

I don't think I'll ever be able to get over what happened at SS with AJ. The splits and flipping the crowd off is something I can't comprehend and I'm not on board with bringing him in.

That being said, thankfully I don't get paid the big bucks to make these stressful decisions!
I dont disagree totally you and you sound like a true Hawk fan so I will throw this out there to you other true Hawk fans that are against bringing in AJ.
IF…all parties involved, coaches, school, parents, teammates and alumni among everyone else is onboard with the decision to try and get this figured out for the benefit of all parties, they all believe this could work and we see him in a Hawkeye uniform in Carver, does Carver welcome him? Or do we start out with negativity and booing?
There is a chance ( because of what I have seen I would put it at 70%) that TnT could pull this off and make bringing him in a positive for everyone.

I dont disagree totally you and you sound like a true Hawk fan so I will throw this out there to you other true Hawk fans that are against bringing in AJ.
IF…all parties involved, coaches, school, parents, teammates and alumni among everyone else is onboard with the decision to try and get this figured out for the benefit of all parties, they all believe this could work and we see him in a Hawkeye uniform in Carver, does Carver welcome him? Or do we start out with negativity and booing?
There is a chance ( because of what I have seen I would put it at 70%) that TnT could pull this off and make bringing him in a positive for everyone.
I don't know if Carver as a whole welcomes him (I'm sure overall, people will), but I personally will not support him in a Hawkeye singlet

ah yes aj ferrari is the reason 99% of their guys didn’t improve at all over the last few years.
*sarcasm. Guess I should’ve put a 😉

I think it’s ridiculous to say the damage to the program would be significant and lasting. This is likely how it plays out imo, Ferraris behave and help the team bigly and TnT get some kudos OR they f up, get kicked off the team and TnT lose their jobs for bringing them in. If TnT are gone, whatever the Ferraris did wouldn’t mean anything to potential recruits, they would base their decision on the next coach(es)

*sarcasm. Guess I should’ve put a 😉

I think it’s ridiculous to say the damage to the program would be significant and lasting. This is likely how it plays out imo, Ferraris behave and help the team bigly and TnT get some kudos OR they f up, get kicked off the team and TnT lose their jobs for bringing them in. If TnT are gone, whatever the Ferraris did wouldn’t mean anything to potential recruits, they would base their decision on the next coach(es)
This is kind of how I see it playing out too. It seems in today's era of sports, people have a pretty short memory and if the coach associated with whatever negative event occurs is let go, that absolves the program to some degree so the long term fallout may be minimized. I hope that doesn't unfold and do think if it is a train wreck that Brands could definitely be impacted. At this point in his tenure though, I think he's willing to take that gamble and recognizes the program needs an injection of some additional championship contending talent fast.

I certainly don't condone what the two older boys have done in the past, but at this point, I think it is likely going to move forward, so might as well approach it with as much optimism and support as the fanbase can muster. The program needs to keep growing the momentum and excitement, and say what you want about the Ferrari's, they certainly bring some energy and excitement and have always put in the hard work when training.

This is kind of how I see it playing out too. It seems in today's era of sports, people have a pretty short memory and if the coach associated with whatever negative event occurs is let go, that absolves the program to some degree so the long term fallout may be minimized. I hope that doesn't unfold and do think if it is a train wreck that Brands could definitely be impacted. At this point in his tenure though, I think he's willing to take that gamble and recognizes the program needs an injection of some additional championship contending talent fast.

I certainly don't condone what the two older boys have done in the past, but at this point, I think it is likely going to move forward, so might as well approach it with as much optimism and support as the fanbase can muster. The program needs to keep growing the momentum and excitement, and say what you want about the Ferrari's, they certainly bring some energy and excitement and have always put in the hard work when training.
Bingo. And to that last point, if their hard work and training rubs off on some of the other guys i see that as a big positive, seems like maybe it already is with pictures of aj and kueter working out together. Hopefully some of the other guys character rubs off on them as well 😂🤞

One interesting thing I have noticed: When we were kicking the tires on PD3 we heard, "You need to trust Tom!" and, "If anyone can help him, it's Brands!"

Seems as though that narrative is over. The new narrative is, "Fvck it. Might as well try."
One interesting thing I have noticed. Desanto crushes your narrative.

Reactions: sdvike and foxb
* Do you have a backup post. (damn auto correct)
They will just pray that their throat is big enough to swollow all the crow if these dudes don’t rape and pillage the whole time they are in Iowa. Anthony and AJ have spent a lot of time in Iowa city the past year, especially Anthony. If they were tearing up the town, I think we would have heard something. The AJ brief moment of WWE action at the SS is the worst thing that has happened. Our own beloved Caleb Rathjen has had more than one run in with the law in Iowa city, including DWI, and nobody gives a shit.

They will just pray that their throat is big enough to swollow all the crow if these dudes don’t rape and pillage the whole time they are in Iowa. Anthony and AJ have spent a lot of time in Iowa city the past year, especially Anthony. If they were tearing up the town, I think we would have heard something. The AJ brief moment of WWE action at the SS is the worst thing that has happened. Our own beloved Caleb Rathjen has had more than one run in with the law in Iowa city, including DWI, and nobody gives a shit.
Did anything come from the alleged assault/theft incident in Florida earlier in the year for mids?

Seems as though elite recruits are not attracted to a Ferrari team. The middle one isn't good enough to make the line up on his best day. I predict he's going to be a problem. Obviously, the oldest and youngest are very good wrestlers. While I wasn't on board with bringing them in, now I feel like we're halfway through a tunnel of shit. Might as well keep going. We need to 2/3 of them to be 20+ point scorers.
200.gif
Atta boy, soldier through that shit tunnel to be the champions of shit Randy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT