ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari clan

Everyone needs to take a step back, quit the infighting, and take a look at the Oklahoma state program. Is it really worth the risk? Hawkeye wrestling has been a leader both on and off the mat for almost 50 years. Posters keep saying everyone deserves a second chance but how about 3rd, 4th, and fifth chance? There are some unique family issues here so go ahead call me a troll but I care too much about our program and our history to take a chance that everything will somehow miraculously change. We should be better than that.

Everyone needs to take a step back, quit the infighting, and take a look at the Oklahoma state program. Is it really worth the risk? Hawkeye wrestling has been a leader both on and off the mat for almost 50 years. Posters keep saying everyone deserves a second chance but how about 3rd, 4th, and fifth chance? There are some unique family issues here so go ahead call me a troll but I care too much about our program and our history to take a chance that everything will somehow miraculously change. We should be better than that
At best of have mixed feelings about bringing the Clan into the program but at the end of the day it's not my decision or anyone else's on the board I presume. Really the only way I can express my frustrations that even a tiny tiny bit is to drop my season tickets and I'm not doing that.

Everyone needs to take a step back, quit the infighting, and take a look at the Oklahoma state program. Is it really worth the risk? Hawkeye wrestling has been a leader both on and off the mat for almost 50 years. Posters keep saying everyone deserves a second chance but how about 3rd, 4th, and fifth chance? There are some unique family issues here so go ahead call me a troll but I care too much about our program and our history to take a chance that everything will somehow miraculously change. We should be better than that.
So the ferarris are to blame for okie st being mediocre? Thats a major reach. AJs been out of the program for what 2 years now? Lack of development has been trending at osu for a decade plus now...

I think the hypocrisy of people is incredible. I would like to hear one man on this board proclaim that they would give AJ Ferrari "a second chance" if what he did to that girl was done to THEIR daughter. Tom and Terry Brands included. Well that was someone else's daughter. Sickening and shameful.
At the end of the day, is winning again really worth that? I can only imagine the vitriol on this same thread if they were going to Ohio State or Michigan.

I think the hypocrisy of people is incredible. I would like to hear one man on this board proclaim that they would give AJ Ferrari "a second chance" if what he did to that girl was done to THEIR daughter. Tom and Terry Brands included. Well that was someone else's daughter. Sickening and shameful.
At the end of the day, is winning again really worth that? I can only imagine the vitriol on this same thread if they were going to Ohio State or Michigan.
I have twins that will be 29 this year, a boy and girl. I worry about my daughter being assaulted and my son being falsely accused. I've tried to give them good guidance to avoid trouble.

It originally came from the parent of an fOSU wrestler in Tulsa. No “rules” were tampered with by anyone on Iowa’s end.

Good to hear the staff did nothing wrong. In any event, Bouzakis seems to be staying put and long-term answers to 133 will need to be found elsewhere.

How do you know this as fact? Hearsay on message boards?

There are tons of predators on big party campuses like Iowa, you act like he would be the only person a girl would have to worry about. He wears his personality on his sleeve, not trying to trick anyone into thinking he’s a choir boy. On the other hand there are many wolfs in sheep’s clothing out there that I try to warn my daughter about.

You sure act like you do. You have no clue, right?
You sure act like you do. You have no clue, right?

You got some major issues and need some help. I got a friend who does different types of counseling. Is it alcohol, drugs, or just plain depression? Help is out there. Please get a hold of someone. You need it. Maybe you’ve had a few to many mat returns done to yourself. They never worried about head trauma and concussions in the old days. Do you think maybe that’s the root of your problem? Get help please

Just remember, you are presumed innocent until proven otherwise. Put the shoe on the other foot and say you had a son that was innocent and you had full trust in what he was saying or the facts showed that he was innocent and still had to defend himself. It can go both ways. Let the court figure that out. It’s not the fans of whatever team you are rooting for in this case to make accusations one way or the other. I trust the charges will be dealt with as determined by the court one way or the other. If he’s found innocent on the charges, I trust our coaches to make the right decisions with ground rules that will be followed. Go Hawks!

This whole situation reminds me of the parable of the Frog and the Scorpion. The Scorpion wants the Frog to give him a ride across the river. The Frog, knowing the scorpion was dangerous and likely to kill him, refuses. The Scorpion continues lobbying for a ride and makes promises and argues about how stupid it would be for him to kill the frog because they would both die. The Frog concedes and gives him a ride. Halfway across the river the Scorpion stings the Frog. The Frog was in shock, he asked the Scorpion why he did that knowing they would both die. The Scorpion responds, you knew who I was when you agreed to give me a ride. You knew my nature, that is just who I am.
People don't change their nature because it makes sense. No reason to expect changes here without divine intervention. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

This whole situation reminds me of the parable of the Frog and the Scorpion. The Scorpion wants the Frog to give him a ride across the river. The Frog, knowing the scorpion was dangerous and likely to kill him, refuses. The Scorpion continues lobbying for a ride and makes promises and argues about how stupid it would be for him to kill the frog because they would both die. The Frog concedes and gives him a ride. Halfway across the river the Scorpion stings the Frog. The Frog was in shock, he asked the Scorpion why he did that knowing they would both die. The Scorpion responds, you knew who I was when you agreed to give me a ride. You knew my nature, that is just who I am.
People don't change their nature because it makes sense. No reason to expect changes here without divine intervention. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

You have that right to that opinion. The old saying holds true in all cases. opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Reactions: HIWILLE

Can anyone confirm when the transfer portal opens? I thought it was May 1.
Not sure about wrestling, specifically. But neither of the older two Ferraris are under NLIs(edit, nor is the youngest, for that matter), so i dont think it matters for them

Last edited:
That is for a court case deciding whether or not you are going to prison.

For deciding whether or not you want to give him a scholarship and allow him to represent your university on an athletic team, the level of proof is not as high; nor should it be.

I absolutely would never want a convicted sexual offender to be offered a scholarship to participate. If that same person has been proven innocent or charges dropped it changes the whole perception. I know of people who are better today because they were given a second chance and i bet you do to. More cases where drugs were involved than anything else, but i stand by my opinion.

Just remember, you are presumed innocent until proven otherwise. Put the shoe on the other foot and say you had a son that was innocent and you had full trust in what he was saying or the facts showed that he was innocent and still had to defend himself. It can go both ways. Let the court figure that out. It’s not the fans of whatever team you are rooting for in this case to make accusations one way or the other. I trust the charges will be dealt with as determined by the court one way or the other. If he’s found innocent on the charges, I trust our coaches to make the right decisions with ground rules that will be followed. Go Hawks!
The presumption of innocence is a legal thing. In the real world we will deal with the effects of charges such as this and it's best to avoid trouble. Certain behavior in people is enough to make you question their judgement for the future. Also remember pleas and not guilty verdicts aren't proving innocence. That's a much higher standard.
DAs often will accept pleas for various reasons so you want to bet on someone who was exonerated not a plea. I'd also shy away from people who always find themselves in these situations. There's a story about bob and bear hunting, I'll try to find it.

Bad example because it was someone's daughter. Being demonstrative doesn't make you right. There are sex offenders, some with ankle bracelets some not, all around you everyday getting second chances. When you are out with your family during the summer look down at people's ankles until you see that first tell tale GPS bracelet on an ankle. What are you going to do? Scream? Run?
Our society is full of second and third chance people. Guy driving in Des Moines that has had 13 drunk driving charges, most likely drunk now and driving.
At some point the best people for second chances are guys like Tom and Terry. Do you think they run from tough conversations? It's a blessing for our society for those two coaches to have a shot at helping any of those brothers. If not them who? Do you think our correctional system with the recidivism rates it has and also fudges numbers about can change the Ferrari's around? Make me laugh.
The old adage of not in my neighborhood. Well I can tell you first hand the Ferrari's will be someone's neighbor and I hope it is after Tom and Terry have helped change their life's. If not, you got worse things to worry about in your neighborhood than Iowa wrestling.

I have a question for everyone here no matter which way you lean on the issue.
Let's say the Ferrari family settles with the victim for an undisclosed sum and a non-disclosure agreement along with an agreement not to testify in the criminal case resulting in the charges being dropped. Is that good enough to clear his name to enroll at UI as a student-athlete?
This is likely what will occur as we get closer to a court date. How does everyone stand with the scenario I described?

Reactions: nitlion6
Was the frog a 19 year old college kid and are you the same person you were when you were 19? People do indeed change, it's called maturity.

I absolutely would never want a convicted sexual offender to be offered a scholarship to participate. If that same person has been proven innocent or charges dropped it changes the whole perception. I know of people who are better today because they were given a second chance and i bet you do to. More cases where drugs were involved than anything else, but i stand by my opinion.

Trouble seems to find trouble. I'd carefully vet any troubled recruit. some young guys make mistakes, some are prone to trouble.

Worked out very well for Brands co. who was highly criticized for bringing in Desanto and now a Hawk fave of many.

Maybe the whole situation will reflect more of a redemptive parable. I admire and respect coaches who can pull this off.

So the ferarris are to blame for okie st being mediocre? Thats a major reach. AJs been out of the program for what 2 years now? Lack of development has been trending at osu for a decade plus now...
and what has been the trajectory since AJ was brought in? did it help or hurt? possibly cost a coach his job? doubt you can be objective at this point.

So.. in a case like this … shouldn’t we trust our coaches? I don’t know the family … you don’t know the family … I have faith the guys piloting the plane have more insight than you or me … So … I’ll go with T/T until someone or something proves it to be a bad decision.

Lots of opinions. Some pro, some con, (pun) some neutral. Nobody really knows. Gotta think T&T have thought thru all the scenarios pretty thoroughly and have made decisions that they are comfortable with. I think we can all trust them to make reasonable choices with these kinds of things. They have more inside info than we do. It may work out, it may not.

If nothing else, it shows they are trying. Looks like they might be shaking things up a bit.

Let's say the Ferrari family settles with the victim for an undisclosed sum and a non-disclosure agreement along with an agreement not to testify in the criminal case resulting in the charges being dropped. Is that good enough to clear his name to enroll at UI as a student-athlete?
This is likely what will occur as we get closer to a court date. How does everyone stand with the scenario I described?

In 2019, when everybody here was disappointed that AJ did not list Iowa on his short list, I said I did not want him and saw him and his father as nothing but trouble.

Clearly nothing has happened since then that would change my mind.

Not saying it's a bad hypothetical, but it's against the law to give anything of value to someone in exchange for an agreement not to testify in a criminal case. Would never happen.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
So.. in a case like this … shouldn’t we trust our coaches? I don’t know the family … you don’t know the family … I have faith the guys piloting the plane have more insight than you or me … So … I’ll go with T/T until someone or something proves it to be a bad decision.

Hey, we don't even trust our coach's judgment on choosing position at the start of a period. 😄

Not saying it's a bad hypothetical, but it's against the law to give anything of value to someone in exchange for an agreement not to testify in a criminal case. Would never happen.
You're right. It would never happen. I stand corrected.

You're right. It would never happen. I stand corrected.

Kobe settled the civil case; the criminal charges had already been dropped.

I don't think that's a thing. Hush money happens all the time. Most settlement agreements have NDAs.

Has there ever been a college athlete who has had so many weird incidents in such a short time as AJ?
Serious question because I can't think of one.

To my mind, the athlete he resembles most is Antonio Brown. Huge talent. Bad brain. Living in Pittsburgh, I had the chance to see too much of him and "Mr Fast Twitch" reminds me a lot of "Mr. Big Chest."

I really hope I am wrong because, having followed Spencer here, I do root for the Hawks now, but that family has trouble written all over them.

Last edited:
Clearly you haven't been following along close enough the last few years going by your dumb statements about fundraising, recruiting etc. Nobody works harder than TnT on that front. On the other hand maybe you're just a damn fraud troll stirring the pot....
Really. I am stirring the pot by not being satisfied with March results? AJ, IMO, would smell of desperation.

YEP!

BOOM!!!

I will give the SOB 1 last chance! so far he has proven to be nothing more then a F*** st troll with hawk in his name!

^^^^This above line up --("globalnitty" I will call you) is what I am talking about so.....

125 IOWA has Ayala and your F*** st squad has???
133 Bouzakis Now even if he did not come, who do you have that can beat Teske?
141 WOODS has already beaten your guy 2Xs and is a returning finalist
149 Chittum- here could be your first argument? But Chittum is the real deal!
157 Ferrari, "I like our guy!" You do have a returning finalist
165 Kennedy already has shown he is better
174 Brands/Arnold Here you have a multi NC so no argument from me but we have quality here
185 Assad, I am hoping he can get 1 injury free year!!! You have another multi NC
197AJ NC nothing you have or could possible get can match
Heavy Big Cass, he is top 2-3 you have what should be the top ranked guy.

In a dual I would have it conservatively

125 IOWA +4
133 +8
141 +11
149 +14
157 F*** st + 3 score 14-3
165 17-3
174 17-6
184 17-10
197 21-10
heavy 21-13 and you say???? Even if I gave you say 149, IOWA still wins!

in NCAAs again pretty conservatively
125 -15 points
133- 12
141-20
149-15
157 12
165 15
174 15
184 2
197 20
heavy 20

that is 146. You could sub a little here and add a little there but I believe these numbers are pretty solid in a round about way. Some could certainly score more such as Ayala winning or making finals with a few bonus wins, Bouzakis ,Chittum doing similar, Assad making a run etc...

and you have what????
I am a Hawk fan that does wear black and gold glasses.

I don't think that's a thing. Hush money happens all the time. Most settlement agreements have NDAs.

I'm talking criminal cases, not civil cases where the defendant settles with the plaintiff and as part of the settlement the plaintiff agrees to confidentiality. I agree that happens all the time in civil cases. But if you pay a victim-witness in a pending criminal case not to testify, you've got a criminal problem as big, if not bigger, than the underlying charge. You're basically paying a bribe to a witness not to testify against you. It's the flip side to threatening to harm a witness if they take the stand. It's witness tampering in the eyes of the prosecutors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT