ADVERTISEMENT

Final AP Poll

Where is this hysteria you are referring to?

Also reminds me of Iowa fans getting excited to be a #1 seed in the NIT last year... so many freshmen that are developing! Until a Big 12 school came in and beat you at home, and now those freshmen are regressing and you suck.
Defeated last place ISU can’t be telling any team that they suck.

Also reminds me of Iowa fans getting excited to be a #1 seed in the NIT last year... so many freshmen that are developing! Until a Big 12 school came in and beat you at home, and now those freshmen are regressing and you suck.

I mean, Iowa is ranked ahead of ISU in Sagarin. So you guys would know about sucking, as well. Both teams are bad.

Last edited:
It’s the Oklahoma boner

This. ISU's season was completely raised to another level with that win.

The funny thing is, (to me at least) that win also cost the Athletic Department a whole bunch of money. Campbell is the exact same Coach whether or not Lazard catches that jump ball touchdown.......but the fact that he did catch it helped get MC a 1.5 million dollar per year rise!

I am not taking anything away from Campbell's job as Coach (time will tell if he is worth the money) or that win.......I just hope he keeps the Lazard family on his Christmas Card list!

Disagree. Voters are only voting for 25 teams, not 40. So all the "also receiving" teams received votes in the top 25. If the voters were voting for a Top 40, the results could be very different.

Ding ding ding ding, we have a winner

ISU beat Memphis on their home field. Iowa destroyed Ohio State and was tied for the most victories over bowl winners in the regular season. As Iowa fans, how much more evidence do we need that the AP poll is a joke?

Iowa beat one team in the final polls. ISU beat three. No one on earth other than a hawk fan thinks Iowa had a better season.

Both teams have the same record, Iowa played a more difficult schedule in a better conference, Iowa is ranked higher by every composite and Iowa won the head-to-head matchup. Zero reason that ISU should be getting more votes than Iowa, other than they are historically terrible and had an unusually decent year.
LOL!!!

Both teams have the same record, Iowa played a more difficult schedule in a better conference, Iowa is ranked higher by every composite and Iowa won the head-to-head matchup. Zero reason that ISU should be getting more votes than Iowa, other than they are historically terrible and had an unusually decent year.
LOL!!!
Solid rebuttal, otherwise known as “I have nothing.”

Must hurt you that Iowa is still historically a better basketball program than iswho.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Those are all statistical facts backed up by data. Care to detail which ones you disagree with and why? Then again, I guess it's just easier to say lol, take the loss and move on.
Just chuckling at hawk fans that are bent out of shape because ISU got more votes from the writers. They resort to self help posts to convince themselves.

Just chuckling at hawk fans that are bent out of shape because ISU got more votes from the writers. They resort to self help posts to convince themselves.

It's really not that big of a deal. We are all just pointing out there's absolutely no reason why ISU should be getting more votes, other than that they were somewhat relevant this year for the first time in well over a decade.

Reactions: kceasthawk
If we're not top 25, I doubt many care if it is 27 or 31.
Hell if it isn't top 10/15....I don't really care :D. (and if you're bama/osu/etc it's first or you don't really care)
Of course when you've only finished top 25 twice in history, I guess you have to take what you can get ;)

If we're not top 25, I doubt many care if it is 27 or 31.
Hell if it isn't top 10/15....I don't really care :D. (and if you're bama/osu/etc it's first or you don't really care)
Of course when you've only finished top 25 twice in history, I guess you have to take what you can get ;)

That's the difference. Finishes outside the top-15 are ok but nothing to puff the chest about. So funny that ISU fans are puffing the chest about receiving votes. But it's obvious, different expectations and standards.

Iowa beat one team in the final polls. ISU beat three. No one on earth other than a hawk fan thinks Iowa had a better season.

Sagarin says otherwise. The Massey Composite Ranking says otherwise as well and neither of these are just Hawk fans. Oh and 44-41 says Iowa is better than isu but all of this must be ignored because clown fans say so.

Tell us how it really is clown fan. isu delusion in full force once again.

Come talk to me when you beat a playoff team at their house.

Come talk to me after you beat us. Or play a more difficult schedule than us. Or play in a better conference than us. Or are rated higher by the composites than us. Or finish with a better record than us. We'll wait.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT