ADVERTISEMENT

Final AP Poll

Come talk to me after you beat us. Or play a more difficult schedule than us. Or play in a better conference than us. Or are rated higher by the composites than us. Or finish with a better record than us. We'll wait.

Nope none of that counts for clown fans. All they can do is ignore what shows them to be the little bro they are. Just watch they will have nothing but their usual “spin” in response.

Both teams have the same record, Iowa played a more difficult schedule in a better conference, Iowa is ranked higher by every composite and Iowa won the head-to-head matchup. Zero reason that ISU should be getting more votes than Iowa, other than they are historically terrible and had an unusually decent year.
I agree with this- Iowa had a much tougher schedule- Not only did Iowa play 9 bowl teams, they played 8 teams that won their bowl as well. If you also include the head to head victory them being ranked higher is asinine
You are correct and six of their opponents beat power 5 opponents in their bowl games. Only their three out of conference opponents, including ISU, played non power five opponents in their bowl games. Yes and I am well aware that mighty Memphis was somehow deserved worthy of being ranked.

I miss the days when ISU fans would trumpet strength of schedule when they had a losing season, breaking out the 'if we played Iowas schedule....' now they seem to be pretty silent on that front. It is fun to watch the celebration over 'almost being ranked'
Think of how good Iowa would’ve been if we only could’ve played ISU’s schedule!

Come talk to me after you beat us. Or play a more difficult schedule than us. Or play in a better conference than us. Or are rated higher by the composites than us. Or finish with a better record than us. We'll wait.
We play a tougher schedule every year.

We play a tougher schedule every year.

michelle-obama-laughing.gif

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Largest tragedy is that every SEC team is ranked higher than the competition at the same win/loss number. Auburn, LSU, and M State all overrated yet pollsters can't figure that out.

So when is the last time Iowa beat 3 ranked teams? 13 years ago? Iowa State routinely plays 4-5 up to 7 ranked teams a year. Iowa may play 2-3 and has not beaten 3 for a long time. It helps for Iowa to have a soft schedule year after year but it leads to fans believing they are better than they actually are.

So when is the last time Iowa beat 3 ranked teams? 13 years ago? Iowa State routinely plays 4-5 up to 7 ranked teams a year. Iowa may play 2-3 and has not beaten 3 for a long time. It helps for Iowa to have a soft schedule year after year but it leads to fans believing they are better than they actually are.

Iowa State, for many years, played in the Big 12 North. End of discussion.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
You guys sure are proud of your win over a team that didn't beat a single good team lol. I wonder how often teams finish top 25 without beating a single top 25 teams....

We beat you, finished with same record with a MUCH tougher SOS, and had a more impressive win than any of yours.
Congrats :)

BTW which conference is the only power 5 w/o a single CFP win?

Matty Campbell can’t beat Iowa. It must really suck knowing an Iowa freshman WR beat you.

Yikes

You really should avoid checking out the final college FB TV ratings for the season... would be a slap of reality I'm not sure you could handle.

Reactions: HerkyFan
You really should avoid checking out the final college FB TV ratings for the season... would be a slap of reality I'm not sure you could handle.

You mean no one cares enough about isu to watch them? Must ignore that as well. Little bro says so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT