ADVERTISEMENT

Finally, A Tiny Glimmer of Hope ...

Maybe we can let the whole season play out and then decide? A relatively inexperienced coach, coaching the youngest team in the league. A team that had about two weeks of practice together, just long enough to learn each other’s names. That had one of its best players not even practicing at that point. And was asked to play the top teams out of the block on a rotating schedule zipping them around the country. With every move being micro-analyzed under a spotlight of coaching the most popular player in basketball?

Nah.

What have they won…7 of 10? But the staff doesn’t know what they’re doing.Lol.
Have you seen them play? LOL

They continue to misuse CC, and they continue to make the same mistakes over and over. If Indiana had no coach at all, they would have at least as good a record as they have now, and most likely better.

Hell, Todd Lickliter once coached a Hawkeye team that beat Tom Izzo and Michigan State. So what? LOL

BTW: Needing only ONE more rebound to become the first rookie in WNBA history to record a triple double, Sides kept CC on the bench for the last two Phoenix possessions, despite the game being out of reach. Had CC been in the game, she would have had a great chance to grab that one more rebound. Lisa Bluder and her staff always knew about those stats. Sides and her staff either didn't know or didn't care. Either way, that's a slap in the face to CC, who may be the best rebounding guard in the league. And the 6-foot CC had nine rebounds while the 6-9 center for Phoenix, the reknowned Brittney Griner, had SIX rebounds. LOL

Last edited:
Have you seen them play? LOL

They continue to misuse CC, and they continue to make the same mistakes over and over. If Indiana had no coach at all, they would have at least as good a record as they have now, and most likely better.

Hell, Todd Lickliter once coached a Hawkeye team that beat Tom Izzo and Michigan State. So what? LOL

BTW: Needing only ONE more rebound to become the first rookie in WNBA history to record a triple double, Sides kept CC on the bench for the last two Phoenix possessions, despite the game being out of reach. Had CC been in the game, she would have had a great chance to grab that one more rebound. Lisa Bluder and her staff always knew about those stats. Sides and her staff either didn't know or didn't care. Either way, that's a slap in the face to CC, who may be the best rebounding guard in the league. And the 6-foot CC had nine rebounds while the 6-9 center for Phoenix, the reknowned Brittney Griner, had SIX rebounds. LOL
What was more important - winning the game with a better defensive line-up or trying to get a triple double for CC? I don't think Caitlin needs artificial stat stuffing.

What was more important - winning the game with a better defensive line-up or trying to get a triple double for CC? I don't think Caitlin needs artificial stat stuffing.
She's one of the best FT shooters on the team. You should want her in the game at the end. If the game is close and on the line I sure don't want Boston at the line. If she has 5 fouls that's a different story to swap her out.

Last edited:
She's one of the best FT shooters in the league. You should want her in the game at the end. If the game is close and on the line I sure don't want Boston at the line. If she has 5 fouls that's a different story to swap her out.
Also, when the coach has used this approach in the past, her thinking was that she could just call a TO to get Clark back in. That is not ideal, as sometimes it is a waste of a TO, and also there are occasions where the opponents do not score and the Fever can get the ball into Clark's hands before parade to the FT line starts

The other thing is it looked like the Fever were able to get out in transition a lot yesterday. We know that is when Clark is at her best even after a made basket. While they couldn't get any stops on Friday night it made it much harder to get out and run. Lots of passes ahead to our bigs and they were able to beat Phoenix up the court and also catch and finish.

She's one of the best FT shooters on the team. You should want her in the game at the end. If the game is close and on the line I sure don't want Boston at the line. If she has 5 fouls that's a different story to swap her out.
I don't suppose you saw the the free throws made by the "other" ball handler at the end of the game? She barely hit the net. At some point many on this Board will need to accept that it isn't just Caitlin against everyone else and every time she is not the focal point it isn't a mortal snub.

Reactions: littlez
Once you're labeled as a bad coach, you are a bad coach.

Hold my beer.

c3fcfc596f3d466483aed7c4894d3a65.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Hawk_4shur
I do think Caitlin is a better defender than she’s given credit for. Pulling her for an offense/defense possession can come back and bite you. It didn’t yesterday, but it’s not perfect.
There are maybe a handful of good defenders in the whole league…the rest are average or below average. Caitlin is as good as most and certainly as good as any on the Fever.

And she rebounds. Protect against the offensive 2nd chances.

This isn't the first time that Sides has taken CC out for the last 2 minutes of a game. She seems to have a pretty rigid coaching style, and that doesn't benefit her players.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
I don't suppose you saw the the free throws made by the "other" ball handler at the end of the game? She barely hit the net. At some point many on this Board will need to accept that it isn't just Caitlin against everyone else and every time she is not the focal point it isn't a mortal snub.
Yeah what's your point? Put in your best FT shooters.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
This isn't the first time that Sides has taken CC out for the last 2 minutes of a game. She seems to have a pretty rigid coaching style, and that doesn't benefit her players.
Now stating she had a migraine. Is that true, who knows?

Yeah what's your point? Put in your best FT shooters.
They were on defense - you put in your best defenders. But I'm sure you would have been ok with points given up as long as CC got the free throws? They weren't taking the ball in-bounds. There was zero guarantee that CC was going to get the ball via rebound or pass. And my point is the person who shot the free throws appeared to have been more than capable, and do you know for fact that CC is a better free throw shooter than her?

They were on defense - you put in your best defenders. But I'm sure you would have been ok with points given up as long as CC got the free throws? They weren't taking the ball in-bounds. There was zero guarantee that CC was going to get the ball via rebound or pass. And my point is the person who shot the free throws appeared to have been more than capable, and do you know for fact that CC is a better free throw shooter than her?
And please tell me who these “best defenders” are on the Fever. Clark’s as good a defender as all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT