ADVERTISEMENT

Flo says Sadulaev moving to 97 kg

Sett1997

HR Legend
Nov 27, 2004
Snyder says he's excited to face him. What a match! Helps Taylor at 84 also.
Thoughts?

Shit. I thought this already happened with the new weigh ins. That dude is a beast, but Snyder has what it takes. Give me Snyder!

Taylor has to make the team first. He's going to have a very hard time doing that.

Snyder vs Sadulaev is going to be exciting. I'm not putting anything past Snyder, he's unbelievable.

How is Taylor going to have a hard time making the team? He just wiped the floor with the competition at the open. Cox is nails, but DT owns anyone not named Kyle Dake.

Cox has never had anyone wipe the floor with him. Not only is he a great athlete but has phenomenal defense and Taylor will have a hard time taking him down.

Taylor could very well win, but it will not be easy. I just wouldn't assume that this weight is Taylor's to lose. Cox is the proven favorite at this point. More accomplished in every aspect than David Taylor. DT is my favorite US wrestler right now, and I want him to make the team. Was hoping Cox would go football, but that didn't happen. Taylor has a very tough task ahead of him to go through the challenge tournament and then take out a rested Olympic bronze medalist 2 of 3.

The transitive property isn't always a good indicator on who will win a match. I doubt DT will wipe the floor with Cox, but I could see it happening.
I agree with you about the transitive property, but I also think that Cox will provide many of the same challenges that Dake does. Taylor can definitely win but I don't see it being easy at all.

I would love to see Snyder win but Sadulaev has not lost since 2013 I believe and outscored his opponents in Rio 43-1 or something like that. Also interesting to mention is that he has not wrestled since because he apparently was wrestling on one knee and had to have surgery afterwards. In short his name describes him well, The Russian Tank but it should be an exciting match!

Sadulaev is the best SR level wrestler i have watched in my life. Hard to compare eras of wrestling, but i honestly dont feel that he has even been challenged en route to his many titles. If Snyder takes him out, that will be the biggest win of Snyders career, to state the obvious. Im taking sadulaev, but ill be rooting for Snyder!

Cox's defense at the olympics was amazing, didnt give up a single TD. I think Cox has the slight edge over Taylor, and given the advantage of sitting in the finals, I think Cox makes the team.

I think Burroughs makes the team, but Dake takes a match off of him in the finals. Dakes best chance to make the team was winning the US Open IMO. Now hes in the same position that made him go up to 86kg, not wanting to face the guy just chilling in the best of 3 finals while he has to go through a war.

If Snyder takes him out, that will be the biggest win of Snyders career, to state the obvious.
I agree with what you're saying. Sadulaev has been on a different planet than his competition so far. But, couldn't you make the same statement in reverse? I'm not familiar with all of Sadulaev's career victories, but has he beaten a world and Olympic champion before?

Sadulaev is the best SR level wrestler i have watched in my life

I agree and he is Russia's version of Snyder but probably more technical and just as strong.

I have been very impressed with Taylor as of late and esp how effortless and calm he was at BTS. He is massive now and really filled in.

I think its Dake's time. Burroughs is on the tail end of a historic career but IMO he is hanging on and resorting to tactics like punching to geek out a win vs a healthy Dake. Not a good recipe to bet on to repeat.

I agree with the poster above. I believe we are about to witness our best Olympic and world teams soon. Add a Spencer Lee or Fix at the 57 spot. Its getting good.

I'd give the edge to Cox, since he is sitting in the finals and won't have to go through the mini-tournament like DT. Thats a huge advantage in an otherwise fairly even matchup. Looking forward to it!

The only other people I see going through the mini-tournament and having a real shot to win the best of 3 are Gilman at 57 kg and Retherferd at 65 kg.

I'm going Cox over Taylor. Burroughs over Dake. And Snyder over Sadulaev.
I love watching DT wrestle. He can score from anywhere and he is so interesting to watch, but I'm going with Cox. I think the bye into the finals helps Cox a ton and he may lose a match to DT but Cox will win it.

I get JB had a bad olympics and I haven't been too impressed with him until beat the streets. But his second period at beat the streets was impressive and I think he will beat Dake again. A lot of people are writing off Burroughs but I think he still has at least two years in his prime.

Sadulaev is a machine... but I have faith in Snyder here. It may be somewhat biased because I'm rooting for Kyle, but I think he will get the W. He's just such a gamer and I think he's going to step up when it matters. Extremely excited for this match.

I would love to see Snyder win but Sadulaev has not lost since 2013 I believe and outscored his opponents in Rio 43-1 or something like that. Also interesting to mention is that he has not wrestled since because he apparently was wrestling on one knee and had to have surgery afterwards. In short his name describes him well, The Russian Tank but it should be an exciting match!
Sadulaev up a weight ehh? Guess the russians found a new drug.

Reactions: Huck
Sadulaev up a weight ehh? Guess the russians found a new drug.

He's married now...shit goes down hill after that.
image-9-for-pixiwoo-coleen-tv-22nd-nov-gallery-935797603.jpg

I agree with what you're saying. Sadulaev has been on a different planet than his competition so far. But, couldn't you make the same statement in reverse? I'm not familiar with all of Sadulaev's career victories, but has he beaten a world and Olympic champion before?
He beat reigning Olympic Champ Sharifov in the semi's in Rio, he's also beaten 2010 world champ Ganev who beat Saitiev. Really hope Snyder can win but I favor Sadulaev heavily. Has anyone ever seen Sadulaev taken down? Main difference between him and Snyder is that when Sadulaev gets a take down he is absolutely amazing at transitioning to that gut wrench turning that takedown into a tech or an insurmountable lead against even the very best.

Reactions: lionlover
He beat reigning Olympic Champ Sharifov in the semi's in Rio, he's also beaten 2010 world champ Ganev who beat Saitiev. Really hope Snyder can win but I favor Sadulaev heavily. Has anyone ever seen Sadulaev taken down? Main difference between him and Snyder is that when Sadulaev gets a take down he is absolutely amazing at transitioning to that gut wrench turning that takedown into a tech or an insurmountable lead against even the very best.

I love Snyder - have seen him wrestle since he was little (also have a pretty funny story about my kid and him). I would never be surprised by anything he does, he really is on the path to being the greatest American wrestler of all time. Love his mindset and I think it is a real possibility that he continues on.

But I've never seen anyone even be able to compete against Sadulaev over the past couple years. He's just been on a different level than anyone in the world - including Burroughs run - during this time. If I had to guess if Sadulaev is in top shape, he is going to win and Kyle is going to have a hard time scoring. Maybe 6-1 or something like that.

Fortunately, he got married and also has been taking some time off. That rarely turns well for any wrestler in terms of his performance.

Not sure about World and Olympic Champs, though he's beaten 12 of the top 20, including #'s 2 and 3 handily. Closest match at 86kg since the World Wrestling Championships in 2015 has been a couple of 5-0. Only loss was back in November, 2013. Deserves the accolades, we'll see how Snyder fares against him.

Not sure about World and Olympic Champs, though he's beaten 12 of the top 20, including #'s 2 and 3 handily. Closest match at 86kg since the World Wrestling Championships in 2015 has been a couple of 5-0. Only loss was back in November, 2013. Deserves the accolades, we'll see how Snyder fares against him.
Definitely deserves the accolades. But Snyder does too. He's won two straight championships. I don't think Sadulaev has beaten anyone with that kind of credential in their prime. Not that I think Snyder will win, but it's just a fact that the win will be each of their signature victories.

Definitely deserves the accolades. But Snyder does too. He's won two straight championships. I don't think Sadulaev has beaten anyone with that kind of credential in their prime. Not that I think Snyder will win, but it's just a fact that the win will be each of their signature victories.

The main difference I see is that while both have won their championships (Olympic and World) the last two years, Sadulaev has done so without leaving any doubts about him being able to repeat the performance. He doesn't just win, he utterly destroys. There have been a couple matchups that I'm not entirely convinced Snyder would win 10/10 or even the next time. Sadulaev beats everyone he has faced since 2013 10/10 every time until there is even a shred of evidence to the contrary.

Full disclosure - I want Snyder to win here but gun to my head I'm going with Sadulaev.

Reactions: purescurve
Guys that's a 24 lb jump for Sadulaev. Snyder is a true filled out 97 kg beast.
Tough jump.that's like 15% of his body weight, going against a world champion who has wrestled this weight for years.
I think Dake it's still a year away, Burroughs finds a way to get it done.
I think it's Taylor's time, he looks like a monster now that he's settled in at 86 and now has the confidence as well.

Last edited:
I love Snyder - have seen him wrestle since he was little (also have a pretty funny story about my kid and him). I would never be surprised by anything he does, he really is on the path to being the greatest American wrestler of all time. Love his mindset and I think it is a real possibility that he continues on.

But I've never seen anyone even be able to compete against Sadulaev over the past couple years. He's just been on a different level than anyone in the world - including Burroughs run - during this time. If I had to guess if Sadulaev is in top shape, he is going to win and Kyle is going to have a hard time scoring. Maybe 6-1 or something like that.

Fortunately, he got married and also has been taking some time off. That rarely turns well for any wrestler in terms of his performance.
I'm probably being a homer, but I'd never bet against Snyder. Maybe the special Russian supplements help Sadulaev and maybe he is a heck of technician (always easier to be a better technician when you are stronger than your opponent), but Snyder will likely be in his absolute prime. No way I'd bet against Snyder. In fact, I bet this matchup never happens. If it does I will be willing to bet with someone on Snyder as long as matchup isn't in Russia.

Taylor-Cox will be a great match. Remember Cox is dropping and will be bigger than Taylor. I think Dake gets it done, although I'm not a big fan. He is hungrier.

Sadulaev is the best SR level wrestler i have watched in my life. Hard to compare eras of wrestling, but i honestly dont feel that he has even been challenged en route to his many titles. If Snyder takes him out, that will be the biggest win of Snyders career, to state the obvious. Im taking sadulaev, but ill be rooting for Snyder!

Cox's defense at the olympics was amazing, didnt give up a single TD. I think Cox has the slight edge over Taylor, and given the advantage of sitting in the finals, I think Cox makes the team.

I think Burroughs makes the team, but Dake takes a match off of him in the finals. Dakes best chance to make the team was winning the US Open IMO. Now hes in the same position that made him go up to 86kg, not wanting to face the guy just chilling in the best of 3 finals while he has to go through a war.

I wouldn't bet against this Ruskie...

Reactions: Mendoza77
All true, and as a fan, it'll be exciting to see. Of course, I'll be rooting for our guy :)...

I'm probably being a homer, but I'd never bet against Snyder. Maybe the special Russian supplements help Sadulaev and maybe he is a heck of technician (always easier to be a better technician when you are stronger than your opponent), but Snyder will likely be in his absolute prime. No way I'd bet against Snyder. In fact, I bet this matchup never happens. If it does I will be willing to bet with someone on Snyder as long as matchup isn't in Russia.
Sadulaev is in his prime as well, Snyder and him are the same age I believe. The difference is Sadulaev has not lost in 4 years and nobody has come close. Yes he will be moving up to a weight Snyder has been the man of but I would never count out Sadulaev either. It should be a hell of a match regardless!

Reactions: purescurve
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT