ADVERTISEMENT

Florida peepz, are you evacuating? Or staying?

Apples and oranges....Hurricanes have a several hundred mile paths.....Tornados as generally less than a quarter mile path. Dont be dumb.
Winds that will **** up buildings made in FL after Andrew are really tight to the eye.
The giant cloud can be misleading in that regard. Rain and tropical wind gusts under that, but the obliterating stuff is on the eyewall.
Helene came really close Tallahassee (and I’m on the east side), but winds here were worse at my place during the May tornado storm (and the tornadoes were miles from me).

Good friends in Estero about 15 miles from the coast. They put everything from the outside in their lanai and put some storm shutters up.
They’ve got a generator, stocked supplies and ready to go.
If it looks like it’s coming ashore further south near them, they should bring their stuff in if they really care about it. The lanai might not be there afterwards.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
Protect your family from amusement parks? Show me where Six Flags touched you.

That could be one of the dumbest f'ing posts I've read on this board. A board full of Trump supporters. Bravo!
Good one!

I protected my family from wasting time in long lines and wasting money on unnecessary shit. Also protected them from stupid people like you that believe amusement parks are a real vacation, can you be more WT?

They will thank me when they are adults because they actually got to see meaningful and important parts of the country, not some fake Princesses and other meaningless BS. How many NP’s have you visited?

Reactions: BrianNole777
Good one!

I protected my family from wasting time in long lines and wasting money on unnecessary shit. Also protected them from stupid people like you that believe amusement parks are a real vacation, can you be more WT?

They will thank me when they are adults because they actually got to see meaningful and important parts of the country, not some fake Princesses and other meaningless BS. How many NP’s have you visited?
Why not both?

Reactions: Hawksfinal4
This storm is crazy strong and growing bigger. To all the Florida people on this board in the path, get out now or…..

good-luck-liam-neeson.gif

Regarding vacations, taken the kids to DW when young once and they loved it. We take trips to beaches and natural resources to get away from all the noise, they loved that too. You can do both and not have to be this or that regarding your preference.

Good one!

Protected? I don't think you understand what that word means. Especially in a thread about hurricanes, knock it off with the hyperbole.

That said, back to our regularly scheduled program. Hope everyone is safe out there. I know this jackass and I are because we can argue over vacation preferences. LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
I have this (likely abnormal) amount of disdain for manufactured fun. I hate anything even on the spectrum of an amusement park. I want to go up to every employee and ask them behind that fake smile and enthusiasm - is this really the happiest place on earth? Be honest and tell me what you think of your asshole boss and that backstabbing Kathy that plays Snow White.
Jesus dude, that is likely abnormal, lol.

Alot cheaper, too, I bet.

What were the best parks you visited?
That’s hard, they all have their own unique features, and we didn’t spend enough time in most of them to really witness their true splendor.
Yosemite was amazing and the year we went the waterfalls were the best they’d been in almost 100 years.
Yellowstone is one of a kind.
Arches NP is breathtaking, the rock formations are amazing and the colors are beautiful.
The Grand Canyon is, well, grand.
I loved Kings Canyon because of the sequoias and redwoods. It still blows my mind how huge the sequoias are.
Badlands are really cool.
The Everglades are cool, I wish we would have explored those more extensively.
Even some of the smaller NP’s are great, I really love nature and have never had a bad experience at any NP, but I’m obviously biased.

Protected? I don't think you understand what that word means. Especially in a thread about hurricanes, knock it off with the hyperbole.

That said, back to our regularly scheduled program. Hope everyone is safe out there. I know this jackass and I are because we can argue over vacation preferences. LOL!
I may be a jackass, but you’re a WT POS who has no idea what a real vacation is. Have fun at your glorified state fair hillbilly. I’ll be out taking in nature’s splendor. I will agree with you on one thing though Cletus, I hope all you people in the storms path stay safe.

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
I may be a jackass, but you’re a WT POS who has no idea what a real vacation is. Have fun at your glorified state fair hillbilly. I’ll be out taking in nature’s splendor. I will agree with you on one thing though Cletus, I hope all you people in the storms path stay safe.

The amusement parks have priced out riff raff like you and your family years ago. WT all migrated to the inexpensive NPs. Enjoy feeding elk. Your kids will remember that about as long as the goat at the petting zoo.

The amusement parks have priced out riff raff like you and your family years ago. WT all migrated to the inexpensive NPs. Enjoy feeding elk. Your kids will remember that about as long as the goat at the petting zoo.
Keep telling yourself that Cletus, we both know that’s not true. I know plenty of families who visit there yearly, and they are the epitome of WT. It’s obvious you haven’t been to many NP’s. Plenty of high end vehicles, campers and RV’s enjoying the great outdoors and not having to stand shoulder to shoulder with mouth breathers and uncontrolled screaming kids.

Keep telling yourself that Cletus, we both know that’s not true. I know plenty of families who visit there yearly, and they are the epitome of WT. It’s obvious you haven’t been to many NP’s. Plenty of high end vehicles, campers and RV’s enjoying the great outdoors and not having to stand shoulder to shoulder with mouth breathers and uncontrolled screaming kids.

Don't hate, brah!

Let people vacay how they wanna vacay.

Reactions: jasonrann

Exactly, they're not packed because nobody wants to go there. I'm sure your kids appreciated the protection though. LOL!

Exactly, they're not packed because nobody wants to go there. I'm sure your kids appreciated the protection though. LOL!
They are packed, the difference is the people are actually civilized. My kids do appreciate it, thanks for your concern Cletus. You keep feeding your kids fair food and exposing them to trash, I’ll keep exposing mine to the natural world.

I’m no lie fascinated at all the brilliant minds that have brought us the wonders of the internet, so we can witness grown men shitting on each other’s vacations.

What a time to be alive.

I’m no lie fascinated at all the brilliant minds that have brought us the wonders of the internet, so we can witness grown men shitting on each other’s vacations.

What a time to be alive.
So true, I’ll try to be better. There’s probably only a 4.2069% chance that I’ll succeed though.

They are packed, the difference is the people are actually civilized. My kids do appreciate it, thanks for your concern Cletus. You keep feeding your kids fair food and exposing them to trash, I’ll keep exposing mine to the natural world.

Lol "National Parks" is a Jeopardy category tonight.

You'd crush it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT