ADVERTISEMENT

Florida peepz, are you evacuating? Or staying?

I have trouble understanding why people would want to live in land locked areas where they freeze for several months every year. When you have to wear several layers of clothing to survive outside for extended periods of each year, that's nature's way of telling you that you shouldn't be there.
Land locked? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Land locked? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Link: Landlocked states

Iowa-united-states-locator-map.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: The Tradition
I have trouble understanding why people would want to live in land locked areas where they freeze for several months every year. When you have to wear several layers of clothing to survive outside for extended periods of each year, that's nature's way of telling you that you shouldn't be there.
I love the cold, hate the heat. Cold thins the herd, keeps most of the doorknobs at home. I am in flip flops, shorts and a sweatshirt until the snow is high enough to cover my feet. It's awesome.

Reactions: poophawk
Is anyone riding it out in Fort Myers?

My stubborn mother is staying put. Says she’s staying with a relative who is “far enough inland.”

It's only been brutally cold 1-2 weeks a year for the past several years in southern Iowa. I can live with that.

I've never been asked to evacuate my residence due to an approaching snow storm,.. The Midwest is just fine.

I love the cold, hate the heat. Cold thins the herd, keeps most of the doorknobs at home. I am in flip flops, shorts and a sweatshirt until the snow is high enough to cover my feet. It's awesome.

You're the kind of person who swims in the hotel pool at Disney World when temps are in the 40s. Thought it was only Canadians, but maybe Iowans, too?

I will say this.... your reaction to temps depend on where you are. The last time I was in Colorado we were hanging out in the backyard of our friends' house, mid-30s outside, and I was totally comfortable in a t-shirt.

In Florida I would have been bundled up like an Eskimo if it was in the mid-30s outside. But it just didn't feel all that cold in Colorado....

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonrann
Update:

Turns out wife’s friend and kids hadn’t evacuated from Seminole (St. Pete neighborhood) yet.
Now they’re not going to try. They’re in evacuation zone E (35’ storm surge), so hopefully don’t drown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT