ADVERTISEMENT

For the goofers today

Of course, one of the few times I’ve ever rooted for PSU, they lay an egg and repeatedly fail to perform on key downs. Awful coverage, not much pressure on the QB, failing to take advantage of opportunities, etc.

Credit to Minnesota for executing, but PSU has not shown up to play. I think they assumed this would be a cakewalk. Totally flat.

If the Goofs punch this in, I don’t see PSU coming back. Hope I’m wrong.

Have to say, though, it’s kinda fun watching James Franklin lose even if you hope they win.

Of course, one of the few times I’ve ever rooted for PSU, they lay an egg and repeatedly fail to perform on key downs. Awful coverage, not much pressure on the QB, failing to take advantage of opportunities, etc.

Credit to Minnesota for executing, but PSU has not shown up to play. I think they assumed this would be a cakewalk. Totally flat.

If the Goofs punch this in, I don’t see PSU coming back. Hope I’m wrong.
Definitely going to need to force a turnover or two... not sure I see it happening

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Have to question the wisdom of PSU running it 3 times in a row on 1st and goal. Burned a ton of clock. Could have spread them out and thrown it 3 times. It’s tough to defend 3 consecutive pass plays into your own end zone.

Overall a poorly coached and poorly played game by PSU.

Good example of chasing points too early. If they kick the PAT to go to 24-20, they don’t feel pressured to score a TD down 31-19. Kick the FG to make it 31-23 and you’re within one score with lots of time left.

Coaches have a bad habit of referring to “the sheet” to determine when to go for 2. IMO, you should almost never go for 2 before the 4th quarter and really only do so if you don’t think you’ll have enough possessions to make up the difference.

Wow, is PSU limited at WR outside of Hamler. So many failures to make plays by other WR’s in key situations.

Good example of chasing points too early. If they kick the PAT to go to 24-20, they don’t feel pressured to score a TD down 31-19. Kick the FG to make it 31-23 and you’re within one score with lots of time left.

Coaches have a bad habit of referring to “the sheet” to determine when to go for 2. IMO, you should almost never go for 2 before the 4th quarter and really only do so if you don’t think you’ll have enough possessions to make up the difference.
To Ferentz’ credit, this seems like one area he doesn’t make many gaffes. Rarely goes for two until late

So all of that and you still.............. end up needing to go for 2.................. When you're trailing it's better to know what you're going to need to score.

So all of that and you still.............. end up needing to go for 2.................. When you're trailing it's better to know what you're going to need to score.
After 1 score rather than 2. Big difference.

Wow what a finish. PSU could have won but receiver just fell down at the 10 going in for a TD and then lose.

Uncharacteristic lack of poise by PSU. Almost seems like someone on the staff or on the team was being paid off to throw the game. Bad coaching, poor play.

Give Minnesota credit, they beat PSU for 60 minutes. Blame whatever you want on this play or that but the gophers exposed the Lion's defense.

Reactions: ctghawk
Feels like Karma. No team held Iowa’s receivers and got away with it like PSU.

Today PSU wasn’t even the neighborhood to even hold the Minn WRs. They were very open most of the game. Such contrast to the Iowa game as you pointed out.

Give Minnesota credit, they beat PSU for 60 minutes. Blame whatever you want on this play or that but the gophers exposed the Lion's defense.

There were bad calls both ways, no doubt. PSU’s last TD was well after the play clock expired.

There were bad calls both ways, no doubt. PSU’s last TD was well after the play clock expired.
That was unreal. Like a full second after the clock had expired. That should be a reviewable play, IMO. Snap was obviously after time had expired.

Reactions: iahawks10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT