ADVERTISEMENT

Fran Apology...

"It's a dick move by an immature man. Why defend it? You suck it up and shake hands. Bite your lip til it bleeds, all the way through the line if you have to. But you do it because it's the right thing to do." (ScoutRefugee,12/22/2016 at 3:37 PM)

-Said the french to the germans in 1940.

Last edited:
When Bohannon pushed back I think the neck contact was inadvertent. He pushed Hooker in the chest and because he was already leaning back/flopping the hand slid up toward the neck area. Easy double technical call. Refs blew that one.

When Bohannon pushed back I think the neck contact was inadvertent. He pushed Hooker in the chest and because he was already leaning back/flopping the hand slid up toward the neck area. Easy double technical call. Refs blew that one.

Agreed, but I don't necessarily fault the ref's for this, as his hand clearly started from the chest and moved higher towards the throat. It was accidental, and there was a horrible flop, but he did still contact the throat area. It really should have been two TF's.

Reactions: Ree4
Pretty soon Scout wont be able to read any posts because he has so many people on ignore. Similar to North Dakota - maybe he should evaluate the situation and realize: Maybe it's him?

I'm willing to go one step further...how about a $25k bet versus you and I...one on one...golf, tennis, basketball, football, and wrestling. We'll work out the specifics later.

Golf, tennis, and basketball I'll easily destroy you. football, we'll we have to see about the specifics...wrestling, you're done...and it won't be close.

Brian Jones isn't the smartest tool in the shed ... he wasn't when he played at UNI and he wasn't when he was an assistant for Alford. In 10+ years at ND he has something like a 55% losing percentage...apparently ND doesn't think much of their BB program...that record gets one fired at the majority of places.

Only a Brian Jones would point for a shot being good after "his" player swipes the ball from Baer with seconds to go. A player coached by Brian 'stupid' Jones.

anyone who is more concerned about Fran not doing a line handshake...than what transpired in the last 30 seconds or so of the game...don't have a clue.

this is how ugly things can get. As Hooper reported ... things were being verbally expressed ... there was some physical contact. Brian Jones did nothing to calm this down...in fact more than likely added to it. But lets hang it on Fran...and say nothing about Mr. Jones.

You experts talking this bite the lip & do the line shake...have no idea what the mood & atmosphere was like in the closing minutes of this game. Put it this way...if the line shake had taken place...it would not have been a cordial one.

But that's OK...hang Fran. But OH Brian Jones it was just his players getting a little "chippy". BS.

You weren't at the game so you didn't see it. Just stop. He did control his temper. He walked off the court and avoided a confrontation which certainly would have happened with the expletives Jones was yelling (but you didn't see or hear). Point is, Fran was the bigger man last night but you didn't see that because you were not there.

Thanks Hooper for the post..was out of town. Just spoke with a friend who attended confirming your post . We will never know...but Fran could have helped avoid a more serious situation. Jones doesn't have a clue.

Reactions: hooper56
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT