ADVERTISEMENT

Fran listened

I questioned why Dailey wasn’t in for Bohannon for defense during MD’s last possession.

If I recall, he made this move at the end of the Indiana game. I should be an assistant coach.

I had the same exact thought In both games. Well, except for the part about you being hired as an assistant coach. Dailey is better able to keep his guy from driving into the lane than JBo. If, in that situation, we can keep the opponent from driving into the lane, then our other guys don't have to help out, which means they can better block out when the shot goes up, and keep the other team from getting an easy put back.

I questioned why Dailey wasn’t in for Bohannon for defense during MD’s last possession.

If I recall, he made this move at the end of the Indiana game. I should be an assistant coach.
I'll bet he reads this board for coaching advice regularly:) The main difference was we had a lead against IU, but not against MD, so he wanted some offensive firepower and good FT shooters,if Iowa got the ball without MD scoring.

I think he probably knew he made a mistake against Maryland not subbing for defense.

JBO had actually done a not horrible job on Cowen in that game and he is improving on D, a ton compared to last year. Although hes still probably the weakest on ball defender in the conference.

I think he probably knew he made a mistake against Maryland not subbing for defense.

JBO had actually done a not horrible job on Cowen in that game and he is improving on D, a ton compared to last year. Although hes still probably the weakest on ball defender in the conference.
Probably? Lil Lick is the only worse defensive player than JBo in the last decade or so....

I will say this about JBO, his box out of Morgan on IU's last possession in regulation was textbook. If someone had boxed out Fernando like that in the Maryland game, might have been a different outcome.

I will say this about JBO, his box out of Morgan on IU's last possession in regulation was textbook. If someone had boxed out Fernando like that in the Maryland game, might have been a different outcome.
Kreiner was in position to do so for a second....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT