ADVERTISEMENT

Fran said that Tony and PMac could be back next year

I'm starting to wonder if Tony might be persuaded to come back. Tony seems to really gel with Freeman. That might be a big incentive for him. I feel Iowa really has something next year with Dix, Freeman, and Payton.

I'm assuming if he transfers he'd prefer to be closer to home but those programs would be limited to the B1G (Purdue, Indiana, NW, Illinois), the Big East (Butler, Xavier, Marquette), ACC (Louisville, Notre Dame), Kentucky, Cincy, Dayton, and all the mid-majors that offered him. There's only a handful of schools there that are head and shoulders above Iowa.

Per Evan Miya's player analytics Tony is the 34th best guard in the country. So there probably isn't a D1 program with a bag that wouldn't want him.

Lol... and WHERE would he be playing professionally?
pba.png

PHILIPPINE BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION

Last edited:
Tony yes. Patrick come back as a grad assistant.
Didn't figure Patrick was going anywhere. Maybe he'll have a year where he deserves to be a starter.
Not a fan of his, or kids sticking around for 5-6 years, but maybe he'll finally have a good year.

I’d like to see Tony come back with Sandy, Dix, and Freeman as the core with a portal five if possible. Nothing against PMac as I wish him well but he just doesn’t give the effort at this level to play as much as he does. He has his moments but not enough to justify the minutes he gets.

Don’t want either. This shit is killing fran. Bringing pmac back is a big f you to everyone not named Margret
Tony back is a good thing but it's a much better thing if Fran can play 3 guards at once like the rest of the world and play Payton at the 4.

If he insists on doing it like this year it won't be great.

I really don't even want to think about Patrick back for a 6th year.

Before complaining about lackluster crowds (see other thread), and before contemplating a return next year,...
6ft 9 Patrick needs to look in the mirror and determine how he might possibly be able to average more than 2.8 rebounds/per game (assuming he continues to play a little over 20 minutes a game for a fourth straight year).

Otherwise, the concept of addition through subtraction may be relevant.

18-20 minutes
3-4 points
1 rebound
2 turnovers

So we get to see more of this from PM?
Awesome.

Reactions: NI hawk
18-20 minutes
3-4 points
1 rebound
2 turnovers

So we get to see more of this from PM?
Awesome.

Well quite frankly his awkward gompy, style is enough for me to see him leave, but these bushed numbers is why I routinely think people really don’t watch…

He averages 8-7 points, 2.8 rebounds (thats criminal enough) & .9 TOs…

I honestly doubt he is as big a detriment as our fans like to think. Just don’t enjoy watching him play…😳

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawksfor3
I really hope Patrick moves on. He's a magnet for criticism and Fran's judgement is less than clear with respect to his progeny. He'll probably come back. Tony I'd love to have back.

Lot of people on this board complain about what they see as unfair criticism of PMAC when in reality it is a criticism of Fran. . No one ever complains abou the kid that sits on the bench, doesn't play much, and just cheers for teammates. The complaints come because Fran has shown favortism and strayed away from giving out playing time based on merit.

I agree Fran can't help himself, so best for PMAC to move on. PMAC would be an asset as a 10 mpg backup who plays more on nights he's making basket, The family can't accept that reality.

Well quite frankly his awkward gompy, style is enough for me to see if leave, but these blushed numbers is why I routinely think people really don’t watch…

He averages 8-7 points, 2.8 rebounds (thats criminal enough) & .9 TOs…

I honestly doubt he is as big a detriment as our fans like to think. Just don’t enjoy watching him play…😳
Pat, a 5th year Senior, has a box +/- of .7 , and a Player Efficiency Rating of 13. Bowen had a PER of 13.6, Pat is not good. His inability to guard anyone on defense or even attempt to try to rebound, make it even worse.

Disregarding any portal or incoming freshman, we should be a really young promising team with Dix, Payton Sandfort, Dembele, and Freeman starting along with Tony if he comes back and probably Brock if he doesn’t. Not a great idea to bring a sixth year senior back who should be getting less than 10 minutes a game but I reality plays 20+ minutes a night.

Tony back is a good thing but it's a much better thing if Fran can play 3 guards at once like the rest of the world and play Payton at the 4.

If he insists on doing it like this year it won't be great.

I really don't even want to think about Patrick back for a 6th year.
I would agree but. Fran will use tony at the expense of a real pg. He won't play 3 guards. I could be convinced to have tony back if fran played him with dix and harding. But fran won't and he sure won't if PMAC comes back.
Frans loyalty to some players hurts his in game decisions.

I would agree but. Fran will use tony at the expense of a real pg. He won't play 3 guards. I could be convinced to have tony back if fran played him with dix and harding. But fran won't and he sure won't if PMAC comes back.

Have you been following Tony's assists recently? He is a real PG

If he would start, Harding, Tony, Dix, Sandfort Freeman with, Ladji, Pryce, Bowen, Brauns as backups, that's a team that could compete for the conference next year.

I don't want to think about the alternative because I'm trying to stay positive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT