ADVERTISEMENT

Fran said that Tony and PMac could be back next year

Highly doubtful?...lol
Why is that funny. He's just not THAT good consistently, and frankly it appears he needs his families support system around him, or do you think some coach in Russia or Turkey, or god knows where is going to baby him?

Didn't figure Patrick was going anywhere. Maybe he'll have a year where he deserves to be a starter.
Not a fan of his, or kids sticking around for 5-6 years, but maybe he'll finally have a good year.
That was just Fran talking. He's not coming back. He even said so himself after Frams comment.....

I guess the definition of stud is subjective.
Maybe so, but Ryan Kreiner was a solid B1G player, and when he got minutes he could score, get rebounds, and defend. I take him as our back up post on this team or most of Frans in a hearbeat, and that goes for Gabe as well. and WAY before taking Pmac back......And please don't give me "well Pmac scored 1000 points" either. Dude got to start for most of 2+ years and played probably 4 times as much or more as RK.....

Highly doubtful. He's just not that good consistently. I'd also agree with those who have said he needs a support system around him, and he'd lose that abroad......
Good point about a support system, unless there's something therapeutic that would work for him.

Considering only talent and performance, however, there's enough Americans who play professionally abroad to show that PMac most certainly could find a spot. College players with less production have done so.

Maybe so, but Ryan Kreiner was a solid B1G player, and when he got minutes he could score, get rebounds, and defend. I take him as our back up post on this team or most of Frans in a hearbeat, and that goes for Gabe as well. and WAY before taking Pmac back......And please don't give me "well Pmac scored 1000 points" either. Dude got to start for most of 2+ years and played probably 4 times as much or more as RK.....
4 times? I’m gonna guess it wasn’t even twice as much. Look, I understand pmac has some holes in his game but the hyperbole on how bad he is mainly from the Fran haters. He brings some skills to the table that can absolutely help this team win. Do I want him starting? Nope Do I want him playing 20* minutes a game? Rarely.

I haven’t said shit about P. McCaffery. Just laughing at you for calling Ryan Kriener a stud.

4 times? I’m gonna guess it wasn’t even twice as much. Look, I understand pmac has some holes in his game but the hyperbole on how bad he is mainly from the Fran haters. He brings some skills to the table that can absolutely help this team win. Do I want him starting? Nope Do I want him playing 20* minutes a game? Rarely.
Hyperbole? Maybe, BUT a 6'9" senior who plays the minutes he does, and just plain doesn't defend or rebound his position has more then just "some holes in his game".

Reactions: HawkLogic
People don't "hate" on Patrick because they dislike Fran.

They hate on Fran because of the amount of pt he's given his kids.

Lazy and avoids contact at all costs.

A kinder way to describe Pat's game is that he's focused on offense. Defense he seems to stand and watch and yes he avoids physical contact so its rare you see him fight for a rebound in a scrum or dive to the floor for a 50/50 ball.

I think inherently he's a good kid but his Father gave him special treatment and allowed his bad habits to become ingrained in his game. For CMAC playing hard on defense came more natural because he wasn't very good at offense and he had the right personality. PMAC doesn't have that personality.

I suppose anyone that is 6'9 and played college ball could find some place in the world to play professionally if you don't have an minimum standards on pay/lifestyle.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
A kinder way to describe Pat's game is that he's focused on offense. Defense he seems to stand and watch and yes he avoids physical contact so its rare you see him fight for a rebound in a scrum or dive to the floor for a 50/50 ball.

I think inherently he's a good kid but his Father gave him special treatment and allowed his bad habits to become ingrained in his game. For CMAC playing hard on defense came more natural because he wasn't very good at offense and he had the right personality. PMAC doesn't have that personality.

I suppose anyone that is 6'9 and played college ball could find some place in the world to play professionally if you don't have a minimum standards on pay/lifestyle.
I wouldn’t exactly say Connor was a defensive force either.

People don't "hate" on Patrick because they dislike Fran.

They hate on Fran because of the amount of pt he's given his kids.

Sadly been like that every year. Keegan’s frosh year Fran had Patrick ahead of him in the rotation to begin the season. Next year he was starting over kris. Last year started over and played more than sandfort before he took his sabbatical. This year again was a starter instead of coming off the bench.

This is on Fran and nepotism with pmac. Point and case last year in B10 tourney ulis gets dinged up in first min of game and Fran puts in him instead of sandfort who literally just won 6th man of the year days prior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT