ADVERTISEMENT

Free public parking Thursday!

Hawkfan_08

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2002
North Liberty
Grab a spot right by Carver and save yourself from the chilly walk.

Or, be like the blue hairs and leave at the under 4 timeout to beat the traffic.

Not that I don't believe you, but it's hard to believe that the ticket holders that bought parking passes to secure spots close to Carver would appreciate their spots taken by non parking pass holders.
Now, if your talking about the parking area that use to be the football practice bubble, I can maybe see the university forgoing the 5 dollar parking fee if the weather is an issue. Don't go to every game so not sure if this is done occasionally .

Reactions: meatloaf55
Not that I don't believe you, but it's hard to believe that the ticket holders that bought parking passes to secure spots close to Carver would appreciate their spots taken by non parking pass holders.
Now, if your talking about the parking area that use to be the football practice bubble, I can maybe see the university forgoing the 5 dollar parking fee if the weather is an issue. Don't go to every game so not sure if this is done occasionally .

This is not for the lots closest to carver. It's just free general public parking. Still a good deal!

"Donor parking for lots closest to Carver-Hawkeye Arena remain for public parking pass holders."

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2019/1/22/iowa-plans-storm-carver-for-mens-and-womens-basketball.aspx

This is not for the lots closest to carver. It's just free general public parking. Still a good deal!

"Donor parking for lots closest to Carver-Hawkeye Arena remain for public parking pass holders."

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2019/1/22/iowa-plans-storm-carver-for-mens-and-womens-basketball.aspx

Isn't the Finkbine lot the only FREE public parking available to fans going to games at Carver, besides side street and other parking areas that require a substantial walk to Carver. Not that the Finkbine lot is an easy walk.

Its the lot between Carver and the baseball field. Parked there for free when they did the same promotion for the Ohio St. game with bad weather.

Isn't the Finkbine lot the only FREE public parking available to fans going to games at Carver, besides side street and other parking areas that require a substantial walk to Carver. Not that the Finkbine lot is an easy walk.

Finkbine Commuter Lot? It's $5 normally. I think there are plenty of other general $5 parking by Kinnick, too but I always do Commuter Lot

That lot should always be free IMO. All the $5 charge does is slow me down getting to the game as I wait in line. Eliminate that wait and I'll probably be sufficiently on time for the game and spend $20 on concessions.

Reactions: ThriceHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT