ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman and Harding Alert !

Love seeing the variety of moves and attacking with the left hand...stop and start, pull up jumper, take it to the rim, we got a keeper here Hawk fans!
The use of the left hand to pass, dribble and shoot layups is impressive. I worry about his size and outside shooting, but his skills and quickness look very good .

Iowa has a good incoming class. Harding is going to surprise people, I think. His ball handling skills are very impressive, as is his floor vision. Not just fast for the proverbial white boy but objectively very fast with the ball, strong with both hands.

Everyone we think stays, stays, we land a decent big boy for the middle-Braun might be it-and Iowa will be pretty good again next year. Not saying Sweet 16 but another NCAA qualifier.

How does Freeman compare to Woodbury? Similar with more offensive potential?

Last edited:
How does Freeman compare to Woodberry? Similar with more offensive potential?
b58de89760674019a97216507056c7cdxl.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Max_Rebo
Thanks for the munchies Bonzo.

Woody was a legit 7'1" I think. I've seen Owen at 6'10" and 6'11" so he's a little shorter but probably has longer arms-Woody was a T-Rex. Owen is definitely faster/quicker and more offensively versatile. Really just a lot better in almost every way offensively. Both are physical. Owen tore a basket support out of a concrete block wall and, in a different game, bent a rim. So, his dunks are pretty physical.

Woody was an underrated great defender. Owen may block more shots in his career due to superior athleticism, hope he stops as many points as Woody.

Woody was a legit 7'1" I think. I've seen Owen at 6'10" and 6'11" so he's a little shorter but probably has longer arms-Woody was a T-Rex. Owen is definitely faster/quicker and more offensively versatile. Really just a lot better in almost every way offensively. Both are physical. Owen tore a basket support out of a concrete block wall and, in a different game, bent a rim. So, his dunks are pretty physical.

Woody was an underrated great defender. Owen may block more shots in his career due to superior athleticism, hope he stops as many points as Woody.
If he is at the same level as Woody was as a freshmen, I would be a little surprised if he didn't start.

But is Owen working on his eye poke?

BTW, I'm on my way out to by some Captain Crunch w crunch berries

How does Freeman compare to Woodbury? Similar with more offensive potential?
Not very similar in my opinion. Woodbury is probably about 3 inches taller. I think Freeman has more potential on offense because he’s quicker, more agile, a better leaper and looks to have a softer shooting touch.

Woodbury’s biggest strengths were his defense and his rebounding. It’s tough to know how Freeman is in these areas without watching full games, but if he’s able to match Woodbury in those areas, we’ll have a heck of a player.

Harding’s 28 in a 4A championship is second most to Jalen Brunson’s 30.

A couple of thoughts on Brock.

One, he easily has the best handle and intelligence I’ve seen from a high school kid. He’s also confident and cocky SOB. The kind of kid that you love on your team but hate to play against. He’s a lot quicker than maybe you’d expect, he’s not JBo. He looks to get his teammates involved but doesn’t shy away from taking over a game either. He looks to push the ball immediately but knows when to pull it back if it’s not there.

The biggest faults are his size and strength which aren’t ideal but he’s appeared to put on strength since even the season began. I don’t recall him getting posted up or blown by off the dribble but he’s not a true lock down defender even at the high school level.

I can’t stress enough though the kid’s basketball IQ is well beyond his years. He’s going to make everyone around him better and just competes.

I really can’t come up with a single comp from an Iowa player of the past. I really don’t want to get hyperbolic but his game most reminds me of Steve Nash.

More Like Jason Williams to go back a bit further.

Its not a good comparison on either end.

Freeman, smaller, more athletic, has outside game too.

Probably more like a young taller Rebraca with an outside shot.

Hell get better the stronger he gets.
Maybe Fran actually puts a weight room program into the system after watching his teams get pushed around the last 10 years!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT