ADVERTISEMENT

FRL today re: Teasdale

vhs - i think you're a bit confused about how this is gonna play out.

TNT will have a plan. the best two guys will go at 133 and 141. No one is going to miss out or burn any eligibility beyond not being 1 of the 2 best options.

in other words, if AD isn't going to start at 133 the second semester, TNT aren't gonna run him out there in the first.

hope you’re right!

Reactions: castichawk24
I would too if I had more faith in Teasdale. Not because he's not any good, he just has no proof at this level, like everyone else when they come in.

DeSanto is proven. And I don't like our track record for planning ahead and making guys fit the weight before the season starts when we have options, but no sure fire starters at a particular weight.

Hope is not a strategy I guess is my point.
While I like the idea of Desanto bulking up early it would seem prudent for him to at least certify at 133 in the case Teasdale either doesnt work out or gets hurt. The more options the better it would seem. Even if Teasdale is better(which I doubt) we probably dont want to put all our eggs in one basket.I think Desanto talked about going to 141 eventually when he first came in.He can handle it.

Reactions: artradley
The only instance I've seen in wrestling was the case in Texas. That athlete wanted to compete in the boys division, but the state government wouldn't let him. This is not happening in serious numbers and the whole issue is only used to stoke culture war fears of people who don't understand the reality of the situation.

No it isn't. If you take off your activist glasses you may notice the complaints are coming from the young ladies that finish 3rd, 4th and 5th to two boys competing in girl's track etc. Your previous argument that you want an example of a boy entering an event as a female for the sole reason of gaining an athletic advantage is meaningless. The "why they did it" is irrelevant. The point is, they did it, and the results are the same if the male that identifies or transitions to female competes against women. It doesn't matter if zero boys transitioned or changed identity solely to gain athletic advantages... Whether or not their gender identity is sincere or phony doesn't matter. The motive for the change does not change the result., and the negative impact on women. We have separate athletic events for male and female for a reason.

Now back to the real thread... Teasdale isn't eligible until 2nd semester... that's it. No use in arguing why, or that someone gets screwed, or PSU guys always get a 6th year... DeSanto is at 133..... Murin 141... We don't know what weight Teasdale will be at anyway.... We'll see what happens in January... Teasdale may be a back up too.

vhs - i think you're a bit confused about how this is gonna play out.

TNT will have a plan. the best two guys will go at 133 and 141. No one is going to miss out or burn any eligibility beyond not being 1 of the 2 best options.

in other words, if AD isn't going to start at 133 the second semester, TNT aren't gonna run him out there in the first.

Agreed.

I don’t give TnT much credit for being strategic thinkers, but they’re not going to have Austin burn a year of eligibility riding the pines in March.

No it isn't. If you take off your activist glasses you may notice the complaints are coming from the young ladies that finish 3rd, 4th and 5th to two boys competing in girl's track etc. Your previous argument that you want an example of a boy entering an event as a female for the sole reason of gaining an athletic advantage is meaningless. The "why they did it" is irrelevant. The point is, they did it, and the results are the same if the male that identifies or transitions to female competes against women. It doesn't matter if zero boys transitioned or changed identity solely to gain athletic advantages... Whether or not their gender identity is sincere or phony doesn't matter. The motive for the change does not change the result., and the negative impact on women. We have separate athletic events for male and female for a reason.

Now back to the real thread... Teasdale isn't eligible until 2nd semester... that's it. No use in arguing why, or that someone gets screwed, or PSU guys always get a 6th year... DeSanto is at 133..... Murin 141... We don't know what weight Teasdale will be at anyway.... We'll see what happens in January... Teasdale may be a back up too.
You should read closer. I never offered support for any position over the other. All I did was deny the wild claim by the original poster that men who don't succeed in men's sports will transition to being female just to win. I explained that that isn't happen, nor is it going to start happening for the blatantly obvious reasons.

Is it your contention that men are transitioning to game the system? If not, you've completely wasted your time with this post. I'm certainly not the one with "activist glasses" here. I'm just trying to keep the debate to the actual reality, not ridiculous conspiracy theories.

It always amazes me how defensive people get when you point out the equivalent of "the sky is blue" to contradict the wild scenarios they construct in their heads.

You should read closer. I never offered support for any position over the other. All I did was deny the wild claim by the original poster that men who don't succeed in men's sports will transition to being female just to win. I explained that that isn't happen, nor is it going to start happening for the blatantly obvious reasons.

Is it your contention that men are transitioning to game the system? If not, you've completely wasted your time with this post. I'm certainly not the one with "activist glasses" here. I'm just trying to keep the debate to the actual reality, not ridiculous conspiracy theories.

It always amazes me how defensive people get when you point out the equivalent of "the sky is blue" to contradict the wild scenarios they construct in their heads.

Fair enough... but, my post never made a claim that men were or would game the system. The point is the actual motivation for competing as a female when you were born as a boy is irrelevant. The end result to the other females that were born that way is the same... Also, the "that won't happen" argument rarely holds true as time goes on. If all former men competing did it for non-athletic reasons (which I believe is true), it still isn't that rare of an occurrence either, especially if you are the losing true original female competing. There are more than enough examples over the past 12 months to demonstrate it isn't rare, and even it is rare by your standard, it isn't rare if it happens to you or your daughter...

Last edited:
Reactions: Spaceman Spifff
Fair enough... but, my post never made a claim that men were or would game the system. The point is the actual motivation for competing as a female when you were born as a boy is irrelevant. The end result to the other females that were born that way is the same... Also, the "that won't happen" argument rarely holds true as time goes on.... If all former men competing did it for non-athletic reasons (which I believe is true) It isn't that rare of an occurrence either, especially if you are the losing true original female competing. There are more than enough examples over the past 12 months to demonstrate it isn't rare, and even it is rare by your standard, it isn't rare if it happens to you or your daughter...
You're not required to keep posting about this. The conversation you thought was happening wasn't happening. That should have been the end of it.

I don’t give TnT much credit for being strategic thinkers, but they’re not going to have Austin burn a year of eligibility riding the pines in March.

This is interesting.

Is it at all possible that we dont see ADS or Gavin until Jan or whenever 2nd semester starts?

Its not that much of a stretch to send Glynn out there for a few meets and lets ADS & Teasdale show up unattached at Midlands and see how it shakes out?

Sure will suck as fans but in the grand scheme the 2nd semester isnt that far away. You literally risk nothing.

This is interesting.

Is it at all possible that we dont see ADS or Gavin until Jan or whenever 2nd semester starts?

Its not that much of a stretch to send Glynn out there for a few meets and lets ADS & Teasdale show up unattached at Midlands and see how it shakes out?

Sure will suck as fans but in the grand scheme the 2nd semester isnt that far away. You literally risk nothing.
As the Teasdale being legit rumors started to escalate, this is kind of what I've come to expect. Glynn is good enough not to be a huge liability early on and it's also nice to give him so opportunities. He's done a lot for the team.

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
This is interesting.

Since Gavin has no RS to give, I would expect if we don’t see ADS in November/December we will see Gavin there, instead. Then we’ll probably assume Gavin is our 133 guy and ADS is either going for 141 or taking a RS.

there are so many permutations I’m done guessing and will just wIt to see what happens.

Since Gavin has no RS to give, I would expect if we don’t see ADS in November/December we will see Gavin there, instead. Then we’ll probably assume Gavin is our 133 guy and ADS is either going for 141 or taking a RS.

there are so many permutations I’m done guessing and will just wIt to see what happens.

Prevailing thought is that Teasdale is not eligible until 2nd semester but no one here seems able to say for sure.

Ideally Teasdale & Desanto need to be in the lineup come March. We could see Glynn early on until Teasdale is ready so Desanto does not have to cut and then bulk up later. Another option is let Glynn wrestle early then bring in Teasdale and let Desanto take his redshirt. Kinda helps Desanto grow into 141 more and gives Murin a off season to move to 149.

Fair enough... but, my post never made a claim that men were or would game the system. The point is the actual motivation for competing as a female when you were born as a boy is irrelevant. The end result to the other females that were born that way is the same... Also, the "that won't happen" argument rarely holds true as time goes on.... If all former men competing did it for non-athletic reasons (which I believe is true) It isn't that rare of an occurrence either, especially if you are the losing true original female competing. There are more than enough examples over the past 12 months to demonstrate it isn't rare, and even it is rare by your standard, it isn't rare if it happens to you or your daughter...
Renee Richards, formerly known as Richard Raskind . Richards was a professional Women's tennis player, and was among the first inductees into the National Gay and Lesbian Hall of Fame.

Richards has since expressed ambivalence about her legacy, and came to believe her past as a man provided her with advantages over her competitors, saying "Having lived for the past 30 years, I know if I'd had surgery at the age of 22, and then at 24 went on the tour, no genetic woman in the world would have been able to come close to me. And so I've reconsidered my opinion."

Renee Richards, formerly known as Richard Raskind . Richards was a professional Women's tennis player, and was among the first inductees into the National Gay and Lesbian Hall of Fame.

Richards has since expressed ambivalence about her legacy, and came to believe her past as a man provided her with advantages over her competitors, saying "Having lived for the past 30 years, I know if I'd had surgery at the age of 22, and then at 24 went on the tour, no genetic woman in the world would have been able to come close to me. And so I've reconsidered my opinion."
i'm interested in what js---- has to say on his thoughts

Wtf..who gives a damn? Get this shit outa here! Go debate this shit on Hrot... Quit f$*%ing up a good wrestling thread.

GFY. I'm not debating anything. Proving a point, that I might keep proving just to piss you off.
I didn't think he was saying that it wouldn't create an advantage but that it is such a tiny percentage that it's nothing to worry and lose sleep over.

Ok, I admit, the thread was pseudo hijacked... but I couldn't help myself because this is so timely. These occurrences aren't that rare now are they?
Biologically Male NCAA Runner Named Conference Female Athlete Of The Week
The Big Sky Conference named University of Montana runner June Eastwood, a biological male who identifies as a transgender woman, the cross-country female athlete of the week.
https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/25/transgender-athlete-week-june-eastwood-womens/

FYI, IOC changed their rules pertaining to trans athletes undergoing sex change operation back in 2016. Currently, trans athletes only have to “identify” a certain gender to compete along w testosterone level under 10 nm/l

The biggest debate at IOC level is about testosterone amounts and muscle reduction durations.

The 10nm/l testosterone level is still 4-8 times here then average female.

Also, Doctors are saying that muscle reduction in trans athletes takes years (2-5) vs the 12 months at 10 nvm/l theashhold

Ok, I admit, the thread was pseudo hijacked... but I couldn't help myself because this is so timely. These occurrences aren't that rare now are they?
The Big Sky Conference named University of Montana runner June Eastwood, a biological male who identifies as a transgender woman, the cross-country female athlete of the week.
https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/25/transgender-athlete-week-june-eastwood-womens/
This one is particularly egregious because he finished 2nd, and was still named female athlete of the week. That's pure activism, not athletics.

This was strictly dreamed up by people on the internet. Teasdale is listed as a RS frosh on the Iowa roster for a reason. He might be able to get the year back later.

It seems he did get a waiver for the first semester. But I believe he re-enrolled in the second semester which is the issue likely requiring last year to count as a redshirt.

Now that I think about it, if his clock started in Jan last year, that may be why he potentially can’t wrestle until second semester this year, since that would be elapsing the “full year” of when the redshirt year started (that’s really just me speculating though). Although based on recent history, seems he might have a decent shot to get that year back later.

Yes they are rare. I’ve actually read a bunch about Eastwood and the 2 individuals in CT HS track. The two situations are completely different IMO.

Pretty sure Eastwood was actually the first D1 transgender athlete. The NCAA requires hormone treatment which she completed, so IMO I have no issue with her competing. She actually competed on the mens team as a freshman and was their best runner, and I believe was a state champ in HS. After treatment, she is much slower and isn’t even always the best runner on the women’s team. I’ve heard people claim she is sandbagging but I’d find that a little hard to believe.

In the CT HS situation, you can’t really force HS athletes to undergo the hormone treatment so it’s a little tricky. But because you essentially have males competing against females (who wouldn’t have even been very good as males, unlike Eastwood), I do have an issue with that one.

That said, someone did post earlier that they believed people would transition solely for athletics, which is ridiculous and I’m pretty sure would never happen (edit: but in today’s world, I guess you can never say never).

Reactions: js8793
This thread needs a breather.
0a572310f69783c2a65cabcbfd8f5697.gif

Yep, still female.

I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but I always am. Apparently, there are adults (presumably) that don't know what the word "rare" means.

I also chuckle at the fact that, despite never giving an actual opinion on the subject, that I've become the stand in for the pro-trans position just because I pointed out that the conspiracy theory the original poster posted was insane and isn't happening. Nobody else seems to want to tell me I'm wrong about that (because they can't). They just want to straw man because they're too emotional about this subject.

Reactions: el dub and sstark46
It seems he did get a waiver for the first semester. But I believe he re-enrolled in the second semester which is the issue likely requiring last year to count as a redshirt.

Now that I think about it, if his clock started in Jan last year, that may be why he potentially can’t wrestle until second semester this year, since that would be elapsing the “full year” of when the redshirt year started (that’s really just me speculating though). Although based on recent history, seems he might have a decent shot to get that year back later.

Assuming the report is accurate, it could be a dozen different things from degree progression to the 6 hour transfer rule to Big10 eligibility requirements. There is no way to know unless GT or the program states why. If he did not take 6 hours over the summer I would guess the 6 hour transfer rule is the stickler but who knows.

Assuming the report is accurate, it could be a dozen different things from degree progression to the 6 hour transfer rule to Big10 eligibility requirements. There is no way to know unless GT or the program states why. If he did not take 6 hours over the summer I would guess the 6 hour transfer rule is the stickler but who knows.

Got ya. Although for Iowa/Teasdale’s sake I hope it’s not a matter of him not taking 6 credit hours over the summer. That shouldn’t have been too difficult to do...

Yeah, because the staff couldn’t figure that one out.... (I doubt that theory.)

Yeah, because the staff couldn’t figure that one out.... (I doubt that theory.)
I don't disagree, however, reading further, the 6 hour requirement is based on the preceding regular term. The NCAA defines regular term as any term beginning in the fall and ending in the spring so summer would not matter. His case is so unique, it really could be anything.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT