ADVERTISEMENT

From gambling allegations to this---Cody Chittum be gone? What's next?

giphy.gif

What's the story with Chittum leaving? Haven't seen any reason for it posted anywhere

It's either a gambling related thing or a Ferrari related thing. I'd guess. Either ways a fiasco

I don't think it would be gambling related as he isn't officially a member of the Iowa wrestling team at this point, correct? How could he be held to NCAA standards if he isn't an NCAA athlete yet?

Reactions: el dub
Clearly, it's not a gambling situation with Chittum. I was referencing the gambling allegations inside the wrestling program, to now the credible rumors of Chittum leaving the program. It's clear though, there's NO LOVE between the two (Chittum/Ferrari's), furthering the reason why the Chittum's leaving the Black and Gold. Unfortunate to say the least.
. It's either a gambling related thing or a Ferrari related thing. I'd guess. Either ways a fiasco
i
It's either a gambling related thing or a Ferrari related thing. I'd guess. Either ways a fiasco

Last edited:
Clearly, it's not a gambling situation with Chitthum. I was referencing the gambling allegations inside the wrestling program, to now the credible rumors of Chitthum leaving the program. It's clear though, there's NO LOVE between the two (Chitthum/Ferrari's), furthering the reason why the Chitthum's leaving the Black and Gold. Unfortunate to say the least.

i
This kid moves around more than a gypsy. Not sure he will stay with any team all 4 years if this is true. Was Ohio state of Oklahoma state his second choice to us after left Minnesota??

Reactions: Gobblin
If there is one guy in this whole situation you wanted to keep and have wrestle on your team it is Chittum. Are TnT really that incompetent with personnel management?
Imagine for a moment this isn’t a young mans decision, but an overbearing fathers who was trying to leverage a better “deal” for his son, but ended up sabotaging his sons career for his own ego in the process.. This is far from as simple a situation as Chittum vs Ferraris…. Matter of fact that had very little to do with this situation at all. That’s just the propaganda being pushed by the haters.

I feel very, very sorry for Cody Chittum and pray that one day he’ll get to make decisions for himself.

Imagine for a moment this isn’t a young mans decision, but an overbearing fathers who was trying to leverage a better “deal” for his son, but ended up sabotaging his sons career for his own ego in the process.. This is far from as simple a situation as Chittum vs Ferraris…. Matter of fact that had very little to do with this situation at all. That’s just the propaganda being pushed by the haters.

I feel very, very sorry for Cody Chittum and pray that one day he’ll get to make decisions for himself.
So basically are you saying this is a done deal and he is officially gone?

Is this a long way of saying that Chittum’s dad saw the Ferrari family get more bag, and the dad told Cody he should demand more bag as well?

This kid moves around more than a gypsy. Not sure he will stay with any team all 4 years if this is true. Was Ohio state of Oklahoma state his second choice to us after left Minnesota??
People used to say the same about Kerkvliet, yet he settled in and has wrestled for only one college team. I think it is premature to label guys as perpetual flight risks before they have even taken the mat.

People used to say the same about Kerkvliet, yet he settled in and has wrestled for only one college team. I think it is premature to label guys as perpetual flight risks before they have even taken the mat.
I think you can label them a flight risk when they leave multiple schools In a short period. Not to say Cody can’t find the right home and stay 4 years but when you’ve bounced around as much as he has you’re the definition of a flight risk.

Reactions: honkey69
I thought the Chittum’s were VERY well off and anything financial wasn’t going to be a factor. Quick googling says he’s the COO of mastercraft boats.
At the same time, you think being wealthy somehow eases an ego hit?

At some point, if everyone coming in after you is making, or being offered, more than your kid, you start to wonder if there is respect to what your kid can bring to the table. You might even think that putting your kid on the market via the portal is a way to prove you are right.

By the way, this is playing out in every sport on every campus. It's just how it will be from here on out and not unique in any way to Iowa (or anything Iowa did wrong).

I thought the Chittum’s were VERY well off and anything financial wasn’t going to be a factor. Quick googling says he’s the COO of mastercraft boats.

At the same time, you think being wealthy somehow eases an ego hit?

At some point, if everyone coming in after you is making, or being offered, more than your kid, you start to wonder if there is respect to what your kid can bring to the table. You might even think that putting your kid on the market via the portal is a way to prove you are right.

By the way, this is playing out in every sport on every campus. It's just how it will be from here on out and not unique in any way to Iowa (or anything Iowa did wrong).
Maybe the more likely answer is that as COO of a company that does over $700million in sales/year his father has a pretty good eye for how an organization is operating. And part of that is probably the dance with the Ferrari family.

Maybe the more likely answer is that as COO of a company that does over $700million in sales/year his father has a pretty good eye for how an organization is operating. And part of that is probably the dance with the Ferrari family.
Could be.

But if that's the case, the dance has gone on now for at least 6 weeks (at least that's when the first Ferrari committed). Why has he not left yet? I would also assume then that he would leave regardless of whether the Ferraris come or not, since now he sees how rotten the organization is.

But if that's the case, the dance has gone on now for at least 6 weeks (at least that's when the first Ferrari committed). Why has he not left yet? I would also assume then that he would leave regardless of whether the Ferraris come or not, since now he sees how rotten the organization is.
That was my question. Maybe he was just moving to a different place in the area. Probably wishful thinking at this juncture.

Could be.

I'm not saying that it is the reason. It's more likely than an NIL beef. But smart people usually don't make big decisions without fully examining the situation. That takes time.

Could be.

There could be multiple factors including parents wanting what's best for their son leading to any departure.

Nobody here knows who the unnamed wrestler(s) is/are in the gambling investigation.

And someone mentioned in some thread that they wondered whether it had anything to do with not participating in the US Open. Presuming an injury was the cause, a factor could be what led up to it and how it was subsequently being addressed.

Then someone indicates lingering beef between wrestlers/families since their Blair Academy days. This would likely be made worse by perceived NIL inequities.

Sure seems like there are more than enough potential reasons to leave that most could understand.

Huge blow and setback to the Iowa program if these rumblings end up true. Ouch!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT