ADVERTISEMENT

Funeral for our ice cream maker

Colonoscopy

HR Legend
Feb 20, 2022
Saint Louis, Mo
We've had the thing 17 years. Trying to talk the wife into burying it in the back yard like we always did growing up, but she wants to spend 300 dollars getting it cremated.

I would listen to the wife.
Bubble Gum Pain GIF by Martin Onassis

It must hold a lot of sentimental value after 17 years of faithful service. It's understandable that you have different ideas about how to bid it farewell. Burying it in the backyard sounds like a nostalgic and heartfelt gesture reminiscent of simpler times. On the other hand, spending $300 for cremation might seem excessive for an appliance.In my own reflections on funeral arrangements, I've contemplated low cost funerals like cremation as well. It's a practical consideration, especially when thinking about the financial aspects of saying goodbye to a loved one, or in this case, a beloved appliance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colonoscopy
I'm not sure who makesd your ice cream, but if you can get him/her cremated for a mere $300 that's a win. Burying him/her in the back yard may cause an eventual stench.

Reactions: funksouljon
What kind of ice cream maker is it? If it's one of those with the frozen drum thing, buy another with the same drum and now you have two. You can make twice as much ice cream and you get to hang on to a bit of the old one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT