ADVERTISEMENT

Future big 10 schedule…

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
I was wondering if the general message board fan realizes next year Iowa has to play the top nine teams in the league and every year moving forward!

While the rest of the league gets to play the bottom, eight teams and Iowa!!

I mean that’s clearly the way it has to be because I keep hearing about how scared Iowa is of future schedules. So it’s obvious to me they’re gonna top load our schedule!

Some of our fans are truly clueless!

Just like it is now; some years our schedule will be very difficult and some years it won’t!

Last edited:
may as well play these in the OCG.
Alabama
Georgia
and Gods gift to college FB Norte Dame

but even then they would still bitch about it being a cupcake schedule.
yea... meanwhile Alabama plays Middle Tennessee - South Florida - and Chattanooga
which btw... Chattanooga is NOT a Power 5 football program.

you also have Georgia who plays UT Martin - Ball State - and UAB

keep in mind, Iowa plays Utah State and Western Michigan
that's it for non Power 5 teams..
its just the 2
not 3

so if my math is right... 2 is less than 3
which would means Alabama and Georgia have a more cupcakey schedule than Iowa.

yea... meanwhile Alabama plays Middle Tennessee - South Florida - and Chattanooga
which btw... Chattanooga is NOT a Power 5 football program.

you also have Georgia who plays UT Martin - Ball State - and UAB

keep in mind, Iowa plays Utah State and Western Michigan
that's it for non Power 5 teams..
its just the 2
not 3

so if my math is right... 2 is less than 3
which would means Alabama and Georgia have a more cupcakey schedule than Iowa.
Piss on the SEC. Coward bastards. They suck infected mule rectum except when they’re on probation. Even when they’re on probation. Prickless monkey phuckers!

Georgia was supposed to play at Oklahoma this year instead of Ball State. The Sooners joining the SEC changed that game. You also left off the Texas at Alabama game.

Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Georgia was supposed to play at Oklahoma this year instead of Ball State. The Sooners joining the SEC changed that game. You also left off the Texas at Alabama game.
Good point on the OK game. Georgia scheduled Oregon, Clemson, and Notre Dame the three previous out of conference schedules also. Alabama went on the road to Texas in 22. There are several teams that approach out of conference schedule similarly to Iowa, though.

What? Explain.
Some fans like to think or ignore the fact that with East/West Division set up cross overs Iowa hasn't benefited from rarely playing OSU, Mich. & MSU. PSU was our protected cross over (where we had a 6 game losing streak until wins last 2 games in 20' & 21'). Meanwhile the East, minus Wisconsin, has been inconsistent at best. Which is funny because for years, and rightfully so, we ripped the clones for Big North schedule where they avoided Texas, OU and A & M every 2 years in the South.

Dochterman likes to write and speculate possible scenarios for schedule. Something I for one am very curious to see what happens. But certain one with 3 protected opponents make it so you rotate other 6 every other year home and away so in 4 year span you play at and host every school least 1 time. Big conundrum is figuring 4 pods with rivals. Some team will draw the short straw and lose a matchup they want.

with BT adding more teams the odds of the playing OSU and Michigan goes down.

but for those bitching about Iowa not playing Michigan enough ESPN only goes back to 2003 and since then they have played each other 13 times in 19 seasons and Michigan leads 7-6 up until the last 2 seasons Iowa led 6-5. to me it looks pretty close. also the years they didn't play Iowa played MSU.

the series between Iowa and OSU only 7-2. and when then when they didn't play. Iowa played PSU and Iowa leads 8-7.

Michigan and PSU just hasn't dominate Iowa like some of you want them too. or hoping they would.

• Haha
sorry that won't happen as the BOR won't allow it and the state legislators theatened to make it a state law that they play every year right before the series was restarted.
what's so funny as they also wanted to make both ISU and Iowa play Drake and UNI every season, fortunately the BOR stopped that from happening.
ISU vs Iowa every year was enough to make them happy as well as a make a lot of fans happy. ie big money boosters money talks and bull shit walks.

• Haha
Piss on the SEC. Coward bastards. They suck infected mule rectum except when they’re on probation. Even when they’re on probation. Prickless monkey phuckers!
When the bowls are played it is usually their #3 team against our #5 and so on. Plus their cupcake schedule means they have fewer chances for injury of key players throughout the season. The SEC sucks.

even Alabama plays a FCS school year right before they play Auburn. now what kind of scheduling is that for a team that is constantly getting top 5 recruiting classes and plays for the CFB Championship.

if the CFB Committee had any guts they should that as a reason to keep them out of the playoff, either they scheldule these game at the beginning of the season like other teams do and not right before they play their biggest rivalry of the season.

• Haha
I was wondering if the general message board fan realizes next year Iowa has to play the top nine teams in the league and every year moving forward!

I mean that’s clearly the way it has to be because I keep hearing about how scared Iowa is of future schedules. So it’s obvious to me they’re gonna top load our schedule!

Just like it is now; some years our schedule will be very difficult and some years it won’t!
I thought you were trying to deemphasize sports in your life and show us how much you don't care anymore...............

real-time-feedback-youre-doing-a-bad-job-lauren-graham.gif

I have probably said that on this board for 10 years (So you've been lying to the board, and yourself, for the last 10 years?.....) and I have consistently backed it (Of course you have.... ;) ) iff (<- I don't know what that means)…Youd need a perspective of how I used to be to really understand, wouldn’t you? (No, I wouldn't.....) Oh great sage…..(A wise monkey once said, "Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.")

with BT adding more teams the odds of the playing OSU and Michigan goes down.

but for those bitching about Iowa not playing Michigan enough ESPN only goes back to 2003 and since then they have played each other 13 times in 19 seasons and Michigan leads 7-6 up until the last 2 seasons Iowa led 6-5. to me it looks pretty close. also the years they didn't play Iowa played MSU.

the series between Iowa and OSU only 7-2. and when then when they didn't play. Iowa played PSU and Iowa leads 8-7.

Michigan and PSU just hasn't dominate Iowa like some of you want them too. or hoping they would.
Actually odds are it does the opposite and play OSU and Michigan more often. Multiple scenarios and one with 4 pods or protected rival teams 2-3 a year. But with these most have the 3-6 model where 3 you play every year and rotate the other 12 with 6 one year and other 6 next so playing each team 2x in a 4 year cycle. With current 9 game rotation it is once every 3 years and even less frequent before conference extended to 9 games.

How is 3+6+6 work, as you suggest or the 2+7+7 or hybrid model, which will not likely mean anything different, since Iowa will likely get 3 protected opponents 🤔

peace

Iowa doesn’t have the talent, recruiting energy, schemes, resources or coaching to play a big time schedule. KF found a formula to ride out this scam. The new conference schedule will be a big test for Barta’s fellatio skills.

Iowa doesn’t have the talent, recruiting energy, schemes, resources or coaching to play a big time schedule. KF found a formula to ride out this scam. The new conference schedule will be a big test for Barta’s fellatio skills.
Harbaugh of Michigan must fit your demands OSU also fits what you demand. go follow them, although Michigan will be eliminated as its Harbaugh family business,

Jim, his Brother and Jimmy boy just hired his son as a full time coach.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT