ADVERTISEMENT

Gable Steveson Announces WWE

I think many anticipated this already...

So he's signed and done with school or he was just bored and wanted to tell the world how great he is, again?

Edit: Looks like his older bro is in training already with the WWE folks, FWIW.

Still doesn't mean he's done with school though. Really doesn't say anything people didn't already know. He wants to be a "star". Fortunately it means I'll see less of him, so quit today Gable. TIA

Last edited:
This doesn’t seem official at all lol. Hate to see it tho. Could be a Olympic medal contender for the next three to four cycles. The two stud HW’s that have dominated internationally for the past 8 years are getting old. He honestly could be one of the best to ever do it smh. Add to that a three time ncaa champ. Probably a two time hodge winner. He should at least stick around to the next Olympics. It’s only three years and unless there’s another young killer out there he’d probably be a favorite. Just sucks but oh well. Ferrari’s did lift about to go to 750 with this HW jump lol.

Mason and Kerk have to be thrilled (if this happens). They’re the next in line next cycle. Plus NCAA’s obviously. Oh and Cass just moved up a spot if gable isn’t back.

Reactions: rider57
I wish our country was line Russia, and other countries, only in this one way lol. We need to pay these guys good money if we want them to stick around and compete internationally.

This doesn’t seem official at all lol. Hate to see it tho. Could be a Olympic medal contender for the next three to four cycles. The two stud HW’s that have dominated internationally for the past 8 years are getting old. He honestly could be one of the best to ever do it smh. Add to that a three time ncaa champ. Probably a two time hodge winner. He should at least stick around to the next Olympics. It’s only three years and unless there’s another young killer out there he’d probably be a favorite. Just sucks but oh well. Ferrari’s did lift about to go to 750 with this HW jump lol.

Mason and Kerk have to be thrilled (if this happens). They’re the next in line next cycle. Plus NCAA’s obviously. Cass just moved up a spot if gable isn’t back.
I'm no Gable Steveson fan but I would gladly cheer to see Gable smash Ferrari a few times..... I do have a question for you though. Why do you mention Mason and Kerk as next in line but not Cass. He beat Kerk handily and will again in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm no Gable Steveson but I would gladly cheer to see Gable smash Ferrari a few times..... I do have a question for you though. Why do you mention Mason and Kerk as next in line but not Cass. He beat Kerk handily and will again in my opinion.

Gable is so far above Mason who is so far above Cass and then Kerk... sure NCAAs are one thing, but to think that Gable exiting means Parris or Cass or Kerk are going to do anything on the international level doesn't make much sense.

Gable is so far above Mason who is so far above Cass and then Kerk... sure NCAAs are one thing, but to think that Gable exiting means Parris or Cass or Kerk are going to do anything on the international level doesn't make much sense.

Agreed that a junior world champ is basically garbage. Why would anyone expect one to do anything internationally?

So he's signed and done with school or he was just bored and wanted to tell the world how great he is, again?

Edit: Looks like his older bro is in training already with the WWE folks, FWIW.

Still doesn't mean he's done with school though. Really doesn't say anything people didn't already know. He wants to be a "star". Fortunately it means I'll see less of him, so quit today Gable. TIA

His older brother that wrestled at the U? In the WWE? Did the guy go through a metamorphosis over the past two years? He had the dad bod in college and the lazy vibe to go with it.

Reactions: moug
Agreed that a junior world champ is basically garbage. Why would anyone expect one to do anything internationally?

His older brother that wrestled at the U? In the WWE? Did the guy go through a metamorphosis over the past two years? He had the dad bod in college and the lazy vibe to go with it.
No idea, but I read it after doing a quick search thinking Gable was done, and wanting to see if he was and that info was in the article. Doesn't appear to be the case as far as him being done. He could go the Kurt Angle route I suppose.

Guess he just likes making announcements, which we already knew.

Reactions: el dub
Does becoming a professional "wrestler" automatically end a collegiate wrestler's eligibility? I get that Stevenson isn't coming back, but, spoiler alert, professional wrestling is entertainment and not a real sport. Could an Iowa wrestler, say in the off-season, perform in some of the local pro wrassling they have in Eastern Iowa?

Reactions: xjohnx and TarpHawk
I'm no Gable Steveson but I would gladly cheer to see Gable smash Ferrari a few times..... I do have a question for you though. Why do you mention Mason and Kerk as next in line but not Cass. He beat Kerk handily and will again in my opinion.
I meant next in line for freestyle. But no doubt if this really is Gable being done with college then it’s Mason vs Cass. I just haven’t seen Cass much in freestyle but I’m definitely a fan of his. I’d love to see him best Parris who I’m definitely not a fan of.
I’d pay good money to see Gable rag doll the Ford Focus lol

Last edited:
Reactions: WEH8ST8HAWK
Exciting that they can win an ncaa title now. Possibly make an Olympic team (which seems like a pretty big deal).

Does becoming a professional "wrestler" automatically end a collegiate wrestler's eligibility? I get that Stevenson isn't coming back, but, spoiler alert, professional wrestling is entertainment and not a real sport. Could an Iowa wrestler, say in the off-season, perform in some of the local pro wrassling they have in Eastern Iowa?
There are some crazy rules regarding athletes making money in a different sport if you consider WWE a sport? Several football players have made money with minor league baseball contracts while playing college football?

There are some crazy rules regarding athletes making money in a different sport if you consider WWE a sport? Several football players have made money with minor league baseball contracts while playing college football?
Yeah, that's true I believe. Not sure how that stands today, but I presume it's the same. I believe Jeremy Bloom was forced to quit the Colorado Football team many years ago, he was an Olympic Skier. I think his deal might have been endorsement money though?

We know Steveson's intent I guess, from here it's a timing thing. Maybe wants to stay long enough to get a degree too (?). Technically a Senior scholastically this next year I believe.

I wish our country was line Russia, and other countries, only in this one way lol. We need to pay these guys good money if we want them to stick around and compete internationally.
He will make multi-millions annually with the WWE. In what universe do you think he could, or even should, be paid that to wrestle internationally?

Reactions: TarpHawk
Didn’t NCAA loosen it restrictions re athletes making money as student-athletes? Or is that just at one school? Haha.

Reactions: 24 so far
post-44056-0-60209000-1303244443.gif

And Olympic Trials in a few days. Maybe someone will fake smack him over the head with a folding chair to get him prepped for his WWE career! (not advocating such a thing, just sayin')
Does the "not advocating" apply just to the "fake", or also the "smack". Lot of grammar cops here, maybe even a defense lawyer, so you need to be more clear.

Reactions: 24 so far
I know that. And think we’ve met before.in Minneapolis during a Hawk dual back in the day.
Yes Sir, I don't recall much about it (like most things!), just two random Hawk fans shooting the breeze briefly I think.

Does the "not advocating" apply just to the "fake", or also the "smack". Lot of grammar cops here, maybe even a defense lawyer, so you need to be more clear.
I just wanted to make it clear I don't wish any harm to Gable Steveson, just a little keyboard/Rasslin' humor I guess.

Other than that you are correct Sir! Ha!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT