ADVERTISEMENT

Gable to NFL

I'd bet a lot of money he won't make the first cut. He needs to stop trying to follow in the footsteps of Lesner. He's not him. Lesner was a freak athlete. A once in a lifetime mixture of size and athletic ability. but Gable was the better wrestling talent and I don't think it's even close. He should forge his own path. He's not 6'2 290 pounds of pure muscle. But he's the best HW wrestler I've ever seen.
Gable has some pretty freakish athletic gifts

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
His current pace!?! He just signed a contract with an NFL team. And to say what a waste is laughable because he didn’t do what you wanted him to. Let me know when your life spirals out of control and you land an NFL contract

I’m with you on this. I’ve never understood people that think like this. I suspect that 83% of such posters are morans that prefer to troll from their mothers’ windowless basements. 😈

When I troll, which is a rare occurrence, it’s from my back porch looking out at the garden.
pimp GIF

Reactions: AFHawk86
Cael Sanderson's friend Sean McDermott is the Buffalo Bills Head Coach.

Last edited:
While football is full of top athletes and freaks who thrive off their ability, it also so much more than that. Even a limited athlete like Pat Angerer had some good games in the NFL. The Rock was JV at Miami Fl.
Football is not easy and I find it laughable and disrespectful to that sport when they say these other othletes from other sports would be good in the nfl.
It takes time to be good at it, thats correct and safe to say

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
His current pace!?! He just signed a contract with an NFL team. And to say what a waste is laughable because he didn’t do what you wanted him to. Let me know when your life spirals out of control and you land an NFL contract
I don't give two shits what he does or doesn't do, but there isn't a person on Earth that thinks he's making the team in the NFL.
This is a publicity stunt from both sides.

Be better!

Reactions: Chuck C
I don't give two shits what he does or doesn't do, but there isn't a person on Earth that thinks he's making the team in the NFL.

Be better!
You're an angry hate filled little man aren't you?
NFL teams don't need to do publicity stunts, they have the most consumed sports product in the country.
If they didn't think Gable had at least a decent shot they wouldn't have brought him in.
I'd guess he's 50/50 to make the roster but there are very few people in the world that can move like he does at his size.

Reactions: el dub
You're an angry hate filled little man aren't you?
NFL teams don't need to do publicity stunts, they have the most consumed sports product in the country.
If they didn't think Gable had at least a decent shot they wouldn't have brought him in.
I'd guess he's 50/50 to make the roster but there are very few people in the world that can move like he does at his size.
We'll know in a few months who's correct.

Gable has some pretty freakish athletic gifts
yes he does. But gifts that are very different. They are not comparable at anything other than wrestling HW at Minnesota. Gable isn't the physical specimen that Brock was. Brock wasnt the wrestler that Gable is.

No one is guaranteeing he's going to make the team. But one person in this thread is claiming "it's a publicity stunt". Your hate is clouding your judgement. Again.
So a guy that probably hasn't played organized football since, maybe, middle school, is going to suddenly learn all the intricacies of pro football technique and the like to make a roster???

LOfrickenL

It's a stunt.

Hasselrig went from never playing college football to being an all-pro O lineman with the Steelers in three years. But I would suspect that his level of commitment was much higher than Steveson's is going to be.

Be better!
Dude get a grip, quoting you, “what a waste”… you call this a publicity stunt using someone from a niche sport. Did Gable not sign an autograph for you or something cause you sure sound hell bent on making this into a bigger issue than it is. Take your own advice, Be Better😉

Dude get a grip, quoting you, “what a waste”… you call this a publicity stunt using someone from a niche sport. Did Gable not sign an autograph for you or something cause you sure sound hell bent on making this into a bigger issue than it is. Take your own advice, Be Better😉
STUNT

So a guy that probably hasn't played organized football since, maybe, middle school, is going to suddenly learn all the intricacies of pro football technique and the like to make a roster???

LOfrickenL

It's a stunt.
Maybe, but if they signed him to a 3 year deal (?) it may be more than a stunt. Perhaps the Bills feel they can teach him the game and see if he develops, place him on their practice squad.

Well said. Nfl teams with Josh Allen at qb, 5 straight playoff appearances, and sold out season tickets don't sign a guy 95% of their fanbase has never heard of as a "publicity stunt". They don't give reps to guys they aren't genuinely looking at, roster spots are way too valuable.

Well said. Nfl teams with Josh Allen at qb, 5 straight playoff appearances, and sold out season tickets don't sign a guy 95% of their fanbase has never heard of as a "publicity stunt". They don't give reps to guys they aren't genuinely looking at, roster spots are way too valuable.
Perhaps, but with no recent football experience, this seems like a MASSIVE reach.

Perhaps, but with no recent football experience, this seems like a MASSIVE reach.
It is, but if they aren’t risking much money they have nothing to lose. He has 3-4 of his prime years of wrestling to lose. Unfortunately for him, the sport he is very special in, doesn’t pay like football, basketball or even fake wrestling. Now with his skills and name, he could still make mid to high six figures, especially in coaching, which is much better than the old days.

Gable’s 3yr contract becomes voided if he goes to the practice squad because they have to cut him first in order to sign him on practice squad. Practice squad pay ends up being $216k for the whole year which is decent money but not millions

This is going to be a very hard transition for GS. He’s an exceptional wrestler - we know - but not playing college football and now jumping to the NFL will be next to impossible…
Should be a humbling experience, like when Michael Jordon played baseball and plays golf. Dion and Bo are the only 2 athletes I can think of that had pro level skills in 2 sports.

With no guaranteed money
Yeah, he doesn’t get anything unless he makes the 52 man roster. That’s not happening. He could go to the practice squad, but that’s chump change for him, just to get the shot beat out of you every day.

DT seems like a long shot at his size. I would think fullback or guard would be a better fit. I wonder if he can catch.
Too small for guard, waste of athleticism at full back. Tight end not bad if he can catch, just short. What kind of 40 times does he have??

Gable’s biggest hindrance to him making the NFL is how short he is. 5’11” is very short for a DT. Aaron Donald was an outlier height wise as a DT and he was 6’1”
I think his biggest hindrance is that he had NEVER played football before.

Yeah, him being listed at 6'1" was clearly not accurate. He's too small.
Maybe Gable should come to Iowa to wrestle and play football like Ben. He wouldn’t need the development time and weight gain for wrestling like Ben, so he could concentrate more on football. If he can’t break the starting line up in 2 years at Iowa, then you know the NFL isn’t happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT