ADVERTISEMENT

Game Notes & Two Deeps for Iowa vs. Nevada

I will be shocked if anyone but Petras trots out for the first series, Also that OL as listed is absolute garbage. and no Keegan again .... Time to go see if the line is out yet .
As stated previously this is virtually the same depth chart as last week, the starting OL on it wasn’t the 5 who started on Saturday for instance.

If you all thought a QB change was going to be announced in the Monday depth chart, it is like you have never actually followed football or sports.
We have watched enough Iowa football to come to specific assumptions or conclusions. But with normal programs, you are correct. But the King has spoken.

I’m pretty much basing my decision on attending the game this week on the QB position….if there is ZERO indication they may even rotate another QB in by Saturday….I’m watching this one at home, on the big screen.

I ain’t wasting another entire Saturday sitting through that garbage again….

I mean really, there havent been any practices since the isu offensive debacle so why announce Petras and some others as your starters. Give Padilla a chance in practice this week to win the starting job
I think it’s time to start considering game performance as a factor in who plays, and who doesn’t.

If any expects anything but more of the same sh!t, you’ll be let down yet again. We’ve seen this same crap before and they will continue to beat this dead horse. Petras is a terrible QB and is getting worse under BF. Nepotism sucks

Reactions: Thunderlips71
"When you're QB is the toughest guy on the roster, that kinda permeates down throughout the whole team."

They are executing in practice. Ferentz must have liked what he saw from Petras after reviewing the game tape on Sunday. Nothing to see here. It’s just not fair to evaluate Spencer right now. It’s not his fault for sailing 10 passes a game over the wide receivers’ heads.

I can read people like Ferments. He knows with certainty that we "should" beat Nevada Saturday....he knows that Putrid "should" get more time to set and throw, and "should" experience some success....he also knows that he should't have to throw all that much. Having said that, he knows with a victory that he can then stick the middle finger back at everyone, and justify Putrid's next start.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
He will play Petras all game, and he might actually be above 50% completions because Nevada is so bad, then that will justify dumb and dumber playing him the rest of the year because he showed improvement.
I swear that I didn't read this post before making mine above.

Iowa fans being trolled for sure. Did you see who is backing up Logan Lee at DT?
Did Graves play at all against ISU? If he did I missed it. Given the hype and talk of “hard to keep him off the field…” yada yada from Kirk, how has he not been given a shot to see the field? Hate to second guess the defensive side of the ball, but tired of beating the dead horse, literally, that is our offense.

Did Graves play at all against ISU? If he did I missed it. Given the hype and talk of “hard to keep him off the field…” yada yada from Kirk, how has he not been given a shot to see the field? Hate to second guess the defensive side of the ball, but tired of beating the dead horse, literally, that is our offense.
3 whole snaps

3 whole snaps
I guess that’s why I missed it…don’t suppose any of those came during that 99 yard drive by ISU? Have a hard time believing he could have done anything so egregious in those 3 snaps not to warrant more time to get his game legs under him.

Power 5 QB with the lowest QBR this season Spencer Petras, Iowa 3.4 JT Shrout, Colorado 13.8 Haynes King, Texas A&M 33.1 Adrian Martinez, K-State 34.0 Brennan Armstrong, Virginia 35.0 . But Hey no reason to change the depth chart . He has alot of credit in His accountability account

The two-deeps are so complicated that the players don't even know if they are starting or not....or if they are injured or what.

The two-deeps are so complicated that the players don't even know if they are starting or not....or if they are injured or what.
KFs depth charts mean nothing. His post game and Tuesday interviews mean nothing. That's been the case for years. Don't we all actually know that? He is the champ at saying nothing when his mouth moves. Listening to him answer questions is like watching tan paint dry.

You're criticizing the wrong unit.
Hate to second guess the defensive side of the ball, but tired of beating the dead horse, literally, that is our offense.
Not trying to criticize the D or their effort whatsoever, but rather another head scratching decision by Kirk. No offense to Louis Stec, but I would like to see more Graves given the amount of time our D has had to be on the field. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to give those guys some rest with a guy that everyone has been raving about.

Not trying to criticize the D or their effort whatsoever, but rather another head scratching decision by Kirk. No offense to Louis Stec, but I would like to see more Graves given the amount of time our D has had to be on the field. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to give those guys some rest with a guy that everyone has been raving about.
I highly doubt that Kirk gets too involved in questioning Phil's personnel decisions. Phil decides who plays and when. Unlike the offensive coaches, he actually knows what he's doing. You're barking up the wrong tree here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT