ADVERTISEMENT

Game Notes & Two Deeps for Iowa vs. South Dakota State

Well , I’ll be honest. If this is accurate, not what I was hoping for other than at least Keagan’s on the depth chart.

I’m guessing the rumors about Davidkov are true.

Not thrilled about seeing Plumb in the starting lineup.

No Dunker which we were hearing good things about.

I’m sure Dejean will see the field at Cash but feels like we’re wasting another great athlete. Either he or Jacobs will be sitting while yet another former walk on safety is starting.
I'm honestly not sure what to make of the offensive braintrust, but I think Phil has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that he knows what he's doing.

AJE had 10.5 sacks, 16.5 TFL and four forced fumbles as a sophomore.

He had 11.5 sacks, 14 TFL and four forced fumbles as a junior.

It appears that our coaches truly maximized his value as a sophomore. They had him in on nearly all passing downs and he had fresh legs. And it showed up in the stats.

But some fans criticize coaches even when they are absolutely correct.
He had Anthony Nelson opposite of him as a sophomore. Probably had more to do with the production rate dropping with double and triple teams as a Junior.

Reactions: BBHawk
I'm honestly not sure what to make of the offensive braintrust, but I think Phil has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that he knows what he's doing.
I’m not doubting PP, obviously he’s great at what he does. I just think you only get some Uber talented guys at Iowa so long, hate not maximizing what they can offer when you get them.

I’m not doubting PP, obviously he’s great at what he does. I just think you only get some Uber talented guys at Iowa so long, hate not maximizing what they can offer when you get them.
Yeah of course. At the same time I have more faith in PP than anyone else to maximize the value of all of the talent that he has at his disposal. The fact of the matter is that he is blessed with an incredible abundance of talent right now and a lot of them aren't going to get many reps this year.

Yeah of course. At the same time I have more faith in PP than anyone else to maximize the value of all of the talent that he has at his disposal. The fact of the matter is that he is blessed with an incredible abundance of talent right now and a lot of them aren't going to get many reps this year.
Embarrassment of riches on the D line and secondary. Both groups are flooded with talent.

I understand what you are saying but just because they are uber-talented/athletic doesn't mean they are immediately ready to play full-go walking in the door over guys who have been in the system for multiple years and who are a notch below talent-wise but still D1 athletes.

Well , I’ll be honest. If this is accurate, not what I was hoping for other than at least Keagan’s on the depth chart.

I’m guessing the rumors about Davidkov are true.

Not thrilled about seeing Plumb in the starting lineup.

No Dunker which we were hearing good things about.

I’m sure Dejean will see the field at Cash but feels like we’re wasting another great athlete. Either he or Jacobs will be sitting while yet another former walk on safety is starting.
Hmmmm. It doesn't seem like DeJean is being wasted, unless you meant he's ONLY leading the DB's in tackles and and the TEAM in interceptions and passes defended.

Reactions: owenhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT