ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Barta To Retire

justinjdry

HR MVP
Sep 6, 2017

UPDATE: Sources confirm to News 7 KWWL that University of Iowa Athletic Director Gary Barta will officially retire August 1.

The University is reportedly preparing a statement but no press conference is scheduled. There's no word yet as to who will take over Barta's position.

The original story is featured below:

IOWA CITY, Iowa (KWWL)- Several media reports indicate that University of Iowa Athletic Director Gary Barta is set to announce his retirement Friday.

Barta has for the University of Iowa for 17 years and recently completed a three-year term on the College Football Playoff Selection Committee. Officials within the department could not publicly confirm the report, saying they'll only release information "if or when" they make an announcement.

Barta, however, has faced criticism for his leadership over the department. In March, Iowa State Auditor Rob Sand opposed a settlement reached between the University of Iowa and former football players until Barta is "no longer employed."

There is no timetable for Barta's announcement or who would take over the Hawkeye athletic department.

Given everything else rumored today, this does not even register with me right now. I could care less about this. No offense...just down right now and praying the other news is not right.

Given everything else rumored today, this does not even register with me right now. I could care less about this. No offense...just down right now and praying the other news is not right.
I wouldn't buy into that if you're referring to Jack. I don't know why some spoofy news site would target Jack like that, but if there really was any type of pedestrian/bicycle incident in Iowa City, the Gazette would have already reported on it by now and it would have spread to other news media and social media.

Edit: ok I just saw the other threads that there was indeed an accident so I was wrong about that part. Sorry. Doesn't sound like it was Jack though.

I wouldn't buy into that if you're referring to Jack. I don't know why some spoofy news site would target Jack like that, but if there really was any type of pedestrian/bicycle incident in Iowa City, the Gazette would have already reported on it by now and it would have spread to other news media and social media.

Edit: ok I just saw the other threads that there was indeed an accident so I was wrong about that part. Sorry. Doesn't sound like it was Jack though.
He MAY have been the driver.....many different conflicting items. Praying for all involved,

Reactions: justinjdry
He MAY have been the driver.....many different conflicting items. Praying for all involved,
Yeah I'm seeing all kinds of differing things on it now. But as someone pointed out, it is kind of odd how quiet Pmac and Cmac have been on Twitter so I'll join you in praying the rumors aren't true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT