ADVERTISEMENT

Gen Z and Millenial hatred and vitriol toward boomers

General Tso

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2004
I get some of the grievances, but as a 'meh, whatever' Gen Xer, I'm curious about the tension between these generations, especially seeing as the Boomers are responsible for these generations' existence. Is it one of those things where every Boomer is evil except for my parents or grandparents-type thing?

I get some of the grievances, but as a 'meh, whatever' Gen Xer, I'm curious about the tension between these generations, especially seeing as the Boomers are responsible for these generations' existence. Is it one of those things where every Boomer is evil except for my parents or grandparents-type thing?

I don't think the boomers are evil on a personal level. But on a collective level they bear quite a bit of responsibility for the economic difficulties their children have faced.

They add to it on a personal level when they blame those difficulties on "avocado toast"

Because Boomers spent their entire lives taking and taking and taking and benefitting from a variety of programs to put themselves in a position to succeed and then spent their middle aged and late years systematically eliminating those same programs for anyone else. And then they have the balls to yell at younger generations for complaining about it. Not to mention they are leaving the world a far worse place than they found it and telling the younger generations to go f**k themselves, I got mine so f**k you. And stop complaining you pussies.

And now, that the balance of power is shifting, Boomers don't want any part of being held accountable.

Years and years of "millennials ruined this" and "millennials ruined that" and "millennials are killing this industry" "millennials are lazy" and "millennials blah blah blah" when we've lived through nothing but continuous wars, recessions, bad markets, an uphill battle on climate change and a bunch of other bullshit.

Because Boomers spent their entire lives taking and taking and taking and benefitting from a variety of programs to put themselves in a position to succeed and then spent their middle aged and late years systematically eliminating those same programs for anyone else. And then they have the balls to yell at younger generations for complaining about it. Not to mention they are leaving the world a far worse place than they found it and telling the younger generations to go f**k themselves, I got mine so f**k you. And stop complaining you pussies.

And now, that the balance of power is shifting, Boomers don't want any part of being held accountable.
Imagine being ****ing 5 and being given a participation trophy, not really knowing what it is. And then 20 years later being mocked for it.

Boomers are dumb AF.

Can you give a few examples of those systems and which ones were eliminated out of spite? I'm genuinely curious.

Every generation has to deal with the new circumstances of the world they live in. You can blame previous generations if you want but every generation has different challenges you have to over come and adapt to. It's called evolution. People that don't understand that just want to blame others for their problems/challenges. Put on your big boy pants and react to the circumstances that are in front of you is what people need to do. And I am not a boomer in case people think I'm sticking up for them, I'm sticking up for every generation. As for people that want to blame everyone else for their problems, boohoo.

Boomers are the first generation to leave the country in a worse place than they found it and they refuse to give up leadership to people with better ideas.

Agree, I don't think you can ignore the fact that the generations that followed the boomers are going to be the first generations in American history to do worse than those before them.

And all of that happened on the boomer's watch. They were the ones in charge.

Boomers are the first generation to leave the country in a worse place than they found it and they refuse to give up leadership to people with better ideas.
They are also the first generation that, instead of downsizing and spending their wealth enjoying their retirement, has instead been using their equity to go into debt buying up real estate and outbidding millennials and Gen Z in the process. Not to mention clutching onto the instruments of power politically and in the private sector instead of fading out to the island lifestyle in their 60s. Dick move.

Lazy, jealous MF'ers who want what we have without working for it! Just look at the leftist ME'ers who sit on this board day and night ranting and raving. That's all the want to do for the next 50 years and they want someone else to take care of them because that lifestyle doesn't pay very well.....

I’m Gen X. I despise Boomers and Silent Generation. They are a bunch of over-critical, mean, judgy a-holes. Especially Boomers, they had everything handled to them and then pull up the ladder behind them. Individually, some of them are ok but as groups they are awful.

My parents are Boomers and it would have been the mid 1970s as a starting point of their professional and voting power. Let’s see Vietnam war, unemployment rates around 8%, mortgages rates heading to 12%, gas shortages, no household computers, internet or even basic cable. Cars getting 10 mpg, something, something ozone hole.,

Lazy, jealous MF'ers who want what we have without working for it! Just look at the leftist ME'ers who sit on this board day and night ranting and raving. That's all the want to do for the next 50 years and they want someone else to take care of them because that lifestyle doesn't pay very well.....

Ryan’s a boomer. Anyone surprised? I’m not.

My parents are Boomers and it would have been the mid 1970s as a starting point of their professional and voting power. Let’s see Vietnam war, unemployment rates around 8%, mortgages rates heading to 12%, gas shortages, no household computers, internet or even basic cable. Cars getting 10 mpg, something, something ozone hole.,
I bet it was really tough being the only house without a computer and internet in the mid 70s

Reactions: noleclone2
What annoys me more than the different generations is when people think they had it so tough and everyone after them has it easy.
This is right on, it's as bad as whining about the generation in front of you. "Boomers ruined everything for me!" waa.. "You have it so much easier then we did back in the day!" waa...

Worst two things you can hear from people. So many people are such cry babies and want to blame everyone other then themselves. Such bullshit.

“Every generation… blames the one before…”

Opening lyrics to The Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics. Pretty much sums up humans since the dawn of mankind. Great song by the way.

Eventually Gen Zs and millennials will become the old folks, and the younger generations will hate and blame them for whatever’s wrong with the world.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

They've been taught to hate their own history and ancestors. Destruction of a nation.

I was born in 1963, went to work full time in 1985, retired in 2023. Bought our house in 1988 at 13.5% interest rate, refi'd it down and paid it off in 17 years. I'll start drawing SS when I turn 62.

Am I a Boomer, and is your life so shitty you blame me? Well, IDGAF and get back to work, you're going to have a whole lot more to pay for going forward.

This is right on, it's as bad as whining about the generation in front of you. "Boomers ruined everything for me!" waa.. "You have it so much easier then we did back in the day!" waa...

Worst two things you can hear from people. So many people are such cry babies and want to blame everyone other than themselves. Such bullshit.
I agree generally and don’t blame certain generations.

I will say this, though: if you were a silent gen or boomer and a good (or average) student, hard worker, no criminal record or terrible life decisions, you had a path you could follow and earn a good living. You could raise a family, own a home, retire in relative comfort, etc. I don’t think that’s always the case these days.

I was born in 1963, went to work full time in 1985, retired in 2023. Bought our house in 1988 at 13.5% interest rate, refi'd it down and paid it off in 17 years. I'll start drawing SS when I turn 62.

Am I a Boomer, and is your life so shitty you blame me? Well, IDGAF and get back to work, you're going to have a whole lot more to pay for going forward.
Exactly the attitude that has everyone pissed off at boomers. "I got mine so f**k you. Now service me and I am the center of your universe and you should be thankful I let you service me.""

Took you long enough....

Exactly the attitude that has everyone pissed off at boomers. "I got mine so f**k you. Now service me and I am the center of your universe and you should be thankful I let you service me.""
goddamn-right-yes.gif

I agree generally and don’t blame certain generations.

I will say this, though: if you were a silent gen or boomer and a good (or average) student, hard worker, no criminal record or terrible life decisions, you had a path you could follow and earn a good living. You could raise a family, own a home, retire in relative comfort, etc. I don’t think that’s always the case these days.
Well my kids are all in their 20's and are doing exactly that. My daughter for example 29 years old, married, 3 kids. Own their own home. Saving for retirement, over all doing great.

Is it always the case, of course not every generation has losers that don't want to work hard to earn their keep. But they are the perfect example of people being successful in their generation and doing it just like the boomer generation, or any generation for that matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT