ADVERTISEMENT

George Clooney Calls on Biden to Drop Out

Says the Biden he talked to at a fundraiser this year is not the Biden of 2000, not even the Biden of several years ago. I understand this is a big deal due to his large donations.
Clooney said while Biden has “won many of the battles he’s faced,” he cannot win “the fight against time,” adding he considers Biden a friend but the president is no longer “the Joe ‘big F-ing deal’ Biden of 2010.”

“Our party leaders need to stop telling us that 51 million people didn’t see what we just saw,” Clooney wrote, referring to Biden’s poor debate performance nearly two weeks ago.

On Monday, author Stephen King said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, Biden has “been a fine president, but it’s time for him—in the interests of the America he so clearly loves—to announce he will not run for re-election.”

Actor Rob Reiner also rescinded his support for Biden on Monday, saying in a post on X Biden has “effectively served US with honor, decency and dignity,” but it’s time for him to step down, adding: “if the Convicted Felon wins, we lose our Democracy.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollyb...her-a-listers-who-have-stopped-backing-biden/

I believe that Biden still has a decent shot at defeating Trump, but I don't believe he is capable of being president. Other Dems look as competitive to defeat Trump so his inability to do the job should be the deciding factor in him leaving.
What indicia give you any hint he can beat Trump? Biden is trailing Trump in blue states for Christ sakes.

Clooney said while Biden has “won many of the battles he’s faced,” he cannot win “the fight against time,” adding he considers Biden a friend but the president is no longer “the Joe ‘big F-ing deal’ Biden of 2010.”

“Our party leaders need to stop telling us that 51 million people didn’t see what we just saw,” Clooney wrote, referring to Biden’s poor debate performance nearly two weeks ago.

On Monday, author Stephen King said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, Biden has “been a fine president, but it’s time for him—in the interests of the America he so clearly loves—to announce he will not run for re-election.”

Actor Rob Reiner also rescinded his support for Biden on Monday, saying in a post on X Biden has “effectively served US with honor, decency and dignity,” but it’s time for him to step down, adding: “if the Convicted Felon wins, we lose our Democracy.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollyb...her-a-listers-who-have-stopped-backing-biden/
I mean, this is only common sense, right?

Since when, outside of a dictatorship, do citizens not question the physical and mental condition of an 80ish-year-old?

Frankly, this discussion also applies to Trump. Unfortunately, Republicans don’t have the balls or integrity to do the right thing for the country, so it’s up to Joe Biden and his inner circle.

Right now, Joe is choosing to be defiant and self-aggrandizing—all the traits he supposedly abhors in Trump.

What an embarrassing time for our country.

What indicia give you any hint he can beat Trump? Biden is trailing Trump in blue states for Christ sakes.
Stop listening to polls. They have been wrong over and over. It's like you want Biden, if he stays in, to lose. Cut it out.

he needs to step down because people like you have jumped off a ledge.
Tom, I genuinely believe you are a good guy. I sincerely do.

With that said, your position is not much different than the MAGA idiot brigade’s stance on Trump. Seriously.

Biden is no longer fit for office. He’s just not. His cognitive impairment is not only not going to get better it’s going to decline even more rapidly in the upcoming years.

Look at the George Stephanopoulos interview. Biden wasn’t sure if he had watched the debate he had participated in a week prior and would be satisfied with the election results provided he did the “goodest” job he could. I can almost guarantee you Biden had never said “goodest” in his entire adult life until then. That is a very telling sign of the beginning stages of dementia. And if that along with the debate weren’t compelling enough, Jake Tapper drew it out in crayon pretty well for everyone to see.

The issue isn’t whether or not Biden is more palatable than Trump; he is. The issue is America needs a commander in chief with all of his marbles in place. That is clearly not Biden.

We all have to be honest here.

Wait...now we are supposed to care what actors think?

I love Biden's administration but like I said, I can read the room...he needs to step down because people like you have jumped off a ledge. Whatever beats Trump is what I am for.
He's a major donor Tom. When will you get past the denial stage?

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Tom, I genuinely believe you are a good guy. I sincerely do.

With that said, your position is not much different than the MAGA idiot brigade’s stance on Trump. Seriously.

Biden is no longer fit for office. He’s just not. His cognitive impairment is not only not going to get better it’s going to decline even more rapidly in the upcoming years.

Look at the George Stephanopoulos interview. Biden wasn’t sure if he had watched the debate he had participated in a week prior and would be satisfied with the election results provided he did the “goodest” job he could. I can almost guarantee you Biden had never said “goodest” in his entire adult life until then. That is a very telling sign of the beginning stages of dementia. And if that along with the debate weren’t compelling enough, Jake Tapper drew it out in crayon pretty well for everyone to see.

The issue isn’t whether or not Biden is more palatable than Trump; he is. The issue is America needs a commander in chief with all of his marbles in place. That is clearly not Biden.

We all have to be honest here.
this vote is about 2 different versions of america going forward, i think Biden should drop out. i dont think he is fit now or will be in 2 years. but if he doesnt leave the race I'm not going to vote for trump or stay home. i will vote for biden and the team that surrounds him. to me, that is still a much better option than trump and the team that surrounds him (if they arnt already in jail)

I voted libertarian last time. Was thinking that was a waste so I was going to vote for Biden just to keep Trump out.

Not voting for a vegetable stooge.

Going libertarian now.

He should drop out and get “The Rock” or “Oprah” to run. Too late to get a real politician, go for the populist now.

Reactions: ButtersHawk

I love Biden's administration but like I said, I can read the room...he needs to step down because people like you have jumped off a ledge. Whatever beats Trump is what I am for.
Yes that is true. But it’s was a ledge jumping moment. There is no turning back from that.

this vote is about 2 different versions of america going forward, i think Biden should drop out. i dont think he is fit now or will be in 2 years. but if he doesnt leave the race I'm not going to vote for trump or stay home. i will vote for biden and the team that surrounds him. to me, that is still a much better option than trump and the team that surrounds him (if they arnt already in jail)
Honestly, I can’t argue with that.

Most likely, if Biden stays in the race, I will piss and moan about it all the way into November.

Then vote for him while plugging my nose and cursing the Republican Party for putting me in this position.

I voted libertarian last time. Was thinking that was a waste so I was going to vote for Biden just to keep Trump out.

Not voting for a vegetable stooge.

Going libertarian now.

He should drop out and get “The Rock” or “Oprah” to run. Too late to get a real politician, go for the populist now.
Who is the libertarian candidate? I might have to look into that. I know they won't win, but if enough votes make up a solid percentage jump, it might make 3rd party candidates more viable in the future. I can't, with any semblance of conscience, vote for either one of these embarrassments. Something has to change.

Reactions: TennNole17

I usually avoid politics like the fvcking plague, but you nailed it. I lose track over when I’m supposed to care what “celebrities” think about politics. Oh that’s right, never.

What’s Ja Rule think?
full

This isn't a case of "he can't beat Trump because people have jumped off a ledge." People are jumping off the ledge because he can't beat Trump. Literally any high-profile Dem would have a better chance.

And it is hard to deny how far he has fallen. My son's fiancé (very liberal) is part of the team running the NATO conference in DC this week. In one area where carpet had been laid down they were instructed to remove the padding under the carpet, because if it's too soft Joe will trip because he doesn't raise his feet enough.

Last edited:
Where are the usual Biden supporters?
I guess I would fall into this category. But my support isn't based on the content of his cognitive ability. It's based on supporting the nominee running against a convicted felon and an adjudicated rapist. There are a handful of candidates I'd rather vote for, but until one replaces Biden, I'm going with the only horse in the stable.

Last edited:
I mean, this is only common sense, right?

Since when, outside of a dictatorship, do citizens not question the physical and mental condition of an 80ish-year-old?

Frankly, this discussion also applies to Trump. Unfortunately, Republicans don’t have the balls or integrity to do the right thing for the country, so it’s up to Joe Biden and his inner circle.

Right now, Joe is choosing to be defiant and self-aggrandizing—all the traits he supposedly abhors in Trump.

What an embarrassing time for our country.

This is dumb. The republicans had a full blown primary to determine their candidate. It did not get the result you or many others wanted but they still had it.

Joe, on the other hand, was simply anointed so now Dems have to live with it….most likely.

Reactions: TornadoHawk93
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT