ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia father and son arrested and charged with murder

Hawk It Up

HR All-American
Sep 1, 2019
Two men involved in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery near Brunswick, Georgia, have been arrested and face murder and aggravated assault charges, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Gregory McMichael and his son, Travis McMichael, were taken into custody and will be booked into the Glynn County Jail, the GBI said Thursday evening.

Arbery, 25, was jogging in a neighborhood outside Brunswick on February 23 when Gregory McMichael, a former police officer, and his son chased him down, authorities said

Good.

Two men involved in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery near Brunswick, Georgia, have been arrested and face murder and aggravated assault charges, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Gregory McMichael and his son, Travis McMichael, were taken into custody and will be booked into the Glynn County Jail, the GBI said Thursday evening.

Arbery, 25, was jogging in a neighborhood outside Brunswick on February 23 when Gregory McMichael, a former police officer, and his son chased him down, authorities said

Good.
Sad that it happened. Hope there is justice.

I think I saw somewhere that the law with jurisdiction originally tried to pass it to another agency because the dad and the chief or sheriff were good friends

I saw on the news earlier that the guy who shot the video spoke out today.

Cops have had that video since the day it happened and sat on it.

He finally said to hell with this, I’m gonna talk about it. I didn’t catch if it was him or the cops that released it, but if I were a bettin man, I’d bet on it being him.

He finally said to hell with this, I’m gonna talk about it. I didn’t catch if it was him or the cops that released it, but if I were a bettin man, I’d bet on it being him.

There is little doubt in my mind that if that video doesn't come out, those two aren't charged. It never should have come to that.

There is little doubt in my mind that if that video doesn't come out, those two aren't charged. It never should have come to that.
Without a doubt. I was shocked to see the date of when this happened when I saw the video the other day. Just unreal.

Agreed and that is a freaking shame. Someone said this in another thread... no more citizen cops when it leads to shooting people.

The victim in question, even if he did rob these houses, would not have been shot. Period. His punishment would not have been death. This is a murder on those two dudes hands and they should be in prison. If not, that state will be at riot status and rightfully so.

There’s no way those dudes get off.

Judging from past court cases it will unfortunately probably play out like this:

Defense Attorney: “My white client was in fear for his life when the black man with prior convictions, ran near him. You can not see in the video but the black man made threatening gestures and reached for the gun; based on my clients previous law enforcement background, he believed he was in danger of significant bodily harm to such a degree to make deadly force necessary.”

Jury: “Not guilty your Honor.”

Actually the guy that filmed it is a family friend of the suspects and I assume was on the roving herodouche party looking to make a citizens arrest.

So, the rednecks said they stopped and shot Maud because they suspected him in recent burglaries.

Uh, Cletus, Jethro, that ain’t gonna fly.

The Glynn County Police Department said Thursday that it had no reports involving burglaries or home break-ins in the Satilla Shores neighborhood between Jan. 1 and Feb. 23.

Actually the guy that filmed it is a family friend of the suspects and I assume was on the roving herodouche party looking to make a citizens arrest.
Well, that’s what the family’s lawyer is saying, but that isn’t what I understood from the interview. But, I only caught a bit of it.

If he was directly involved, he was pretty goddamned stupid to be on interviewed on NBC

You have exponentially more faith in our justice system than I do if you genuinely believe that.

And to be clear, I hope beyond hope that you're right.
I think it's possible they still get off. I don't think they should, but don't know the differences between murder 1, 2 and manslaughter. And what all they will be charged with at trial. Also if they have stand your ground. And the camera did go off them for a brief time that would have also been important to see.

I can see the defense stating the victim started the physical confrontation and after struggling with the gun there was fear of life thus used deadly force. Now were they legally allowed to have the shotgun brandished to confront the victim? I don't know.

I think these guys or pieces of shit and most of you won't like it, just as you didn't the Zimmerman case. This is similar to that case with the exception being these guys weren't carrying concealed. Would need to know more about the law as to whether they are allowed to brandish a shotgun like that when talking to someone and who actually started the physical confrontation and if that matters from a legal standpoint in this situation. Would also like to hear the person that shot the video's account of what they saw when the camera panned off and what they heard before I say I think they will be found guilty.

Last edited:
I think it's possible they still get off. I don't think they should, but don't know the differences between murder 1, 2 and manslaughter. And what all they will be charged with at trial. Also if they have stand your ground. And the camera did go off them for a brief time that would have also been important to see.

I can see the defense stating the victim started the physical confrontation and after struggling with the gun there was fear of life thus used deadly force. Now were they legally allowed to have the shotgun brandished to confront the victim. I don't know.

I think these guys or pieces of shit and most of you won't like it, just as you didn't the Zimmerman case. This is similar to that case with the exception being these guys weren't carrying concealed. Would need to know more about the law as to whether they are allowed to brandish a shotgun like that when talking to someone and who actually started the physical confrontation and if that matters from a legal standpoint in this situation. Would also like to hear the person that shot the video's account of what they saw when the camera panned off and what they heard before I say I think they will be found guilty.
They”ll get off...these two white guys shot a negro....that’s “ok” ..that’s why they have SYG....where’s the crime?

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Something ain't sittin' right with me about this video.

The guy who filmed it's name is William Bryan. And he did live just a couple of houses down from the killers. And there is a memo, from one of the previous (now recused) DA's that said they suspected he was involved.

My problem with that is, Bryan is the one who gave the video to the attorney who released it to the public. Now, why would he do that if he was involved?

I would lean more toward the idea that the DA (who opined that the killing was legal) is trying to scurvy up the guy who filmed it rather than the ones that did the killing. Given that he wasn't arrested, that's what Ima go with for now, until something changes that connects him to it.

From the link
Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney George E. Barnhill said in the memo that Gregory McMichael, Travis McMichael and their neighbor William Bryan were in "hot pursuit of a burglary suspect" when they shot Arbery, 25, as he jogged through the Satilla Shores neighborhood just outside of Brunswick,

Personally to me the video does not show "hot pursuit", more like waiting to ambush.

Twitter is telling me that William Bryan will be arrested as soon as they can find him.

Shaun King has another tweet about it, but I didn't read it because it is Shaun King. If he can grift some cash out of the deal he'd blame his mother.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT